Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2014 10:36:51 PM EDT
Well I just ordered an rtt from them for a berreta 92fs. Wanting to use it for range and classes. Also the occasional owb ccw in the winter? Anyone use one and specifically with a beretta 92?
Now for the long long 4-5 week wait for it...

Update: Well I just received my holster. about 5 weeks. It looks great and is tight on my body witch is good. Much lower profile then the surpa holster i been using. however this thing is super TIGHT! It almost pulls off my paints drawing and re holstering. I am using an Ares ranger belt so my pants are on good. Any idea how to loosen this thing up? Does it over time or do I need a heat gun?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience specifically with the Beretta but in general they make great holsters.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No experience specifically with the Beretta but in general they make great holsters.
View Quote

are they super tight and rough on the gun finish?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Each one is a little different because of how they are made, but the ones I have used are tight in the right places for retention and smooth otherwise. I have not noticed any excessive finish wear.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:05:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well I just ordered an rtt from them for a berreta 92fs. Wanting to use it for range and classes. Also the occasional owb ccw in the winter? Anyone use one and specifically with a beretta 92?
View Quote
They sponsor Cory Jackson, aka Deseter Jackson. I don't want no part of a company that even after they knew he was caught lying, continues to sponsor him

Previously before it was known about what I had said, I bought one from them for my M&P45. Fits tight, but was good to go.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an RTT for my G27.   Concealed carried it last weekend in shorts and a longer tailed t shirt.   Best way I've ever concealed carried.  It does print just a tad more but trust me no one will notice.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have an RTT for my G27.   Concealed carried it last weekend in shorts and a longer tailed t shirt.   Best way I've ever concealed carried.  It does print just a tad more but trust me no one will notice.
View Quote

How do you like drawing it from the holster? Is it super tight?
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#7]
My custom Patriot is pretty nice.  My Raven Phantoms are slightly nicer as far as fit and finish goes, but the retention is very good on the Bravo holster.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My custom Patriot is pretty nice.  My Raven Phantoms are slightly nicer as far as fit and finish goes, but the retention is very good on the Bravo holster.  

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2903/14622786560_8d0e628ed8_c.jpg
View Quote

I was trying to decided between the two. I thought bravo was going to be the better of the two
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:23:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was trying to decided between the two. I thought bravo was going to be the better of the two
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. I find the raven concealment to be better quality, but they are also more expensive. Raven is typically my go to for owb.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#10]
They take their time to ship but the holsters are excellent.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

No. I find the raven concealment to be better quality, but they are also more expensive. Raven is typically my go to for owb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bravo has like a 5 week wait. Is the raven really only 5 day wait?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have never gotten anything that quickly from them, but they do have some items that are "quick ship".
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#13]
RCS has Beretta 92 holster on quick ship.  Those usually take about 1 week.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I got one of the rush order ones for my M&P FS with X300U, and its killer and arrived in less than 2 weeks. FYI it retains it by the light so you can't carry the gun without the light on it.  On the plus side, there will be less wear on the gun finish.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They sponsor Cory Jackson, aka Deseter Jackson. I don't want no part of a company that even after they knew he was caught lying, continues to sponsor him

Previously before it was known about what I had said, I bought one from them for my M&P45. Fits tight, but was good to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't take it out on them. They probably had no idea and he through them a lot of business. I give them a pass. My next holster will most likely be one of theirs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I wouldn't take it out on them. They probably had no idea and he through them a lot of business. I give them a pass. My next holster will most likely be one of theirs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, I have been using their holsters prior to them dealing with Cory and the likes.  They're an upstanding company with a well made product.  Most likely they were lied too just as we were!  Either way I personally don't have a problem with them.  

IMG_4995 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_4904 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_4877 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#17]
The problem I have with the Raven design that so many other companies are copying now is that the retention isn't adjustable.   Either you live with it the way it is, or break out the heat gun and try to change it yourself.

I prefer the style with the rubber spacers and adjustable tension screw, personally.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The problem I have with the Raven design that so many other companies are copying now is that the retention isn't adjustable.   Either you live with it the way it is, or break out the heat gun and try to change it yourself.

I prefer the style with the rubber spacers and adjustable tension screw, personally.
View Quote

I agree with you in general, I have just never had a problem with the tension on any of the RCS phantom holsters I have.  All of them have been "just right" for me. I might just be lucky.

Edit: To qualify my statement. I think my sample size is 8.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are aware you can have them adjust the retention to however you like right?  I personally don't like the adjustable retention as it creates way too much drag versus a nice "click"... Plus the rubber tubing gets brittle over time, plus the screws can back out.

Personal preference I guess but I'll take a click over a drag anyday.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You are aware you can have them adjust the retention to however you like right?  I personally don't like the adjustable retention as it creates way too much drag versus a nice "click"... Plus the rubber tubing gets brittle over time, plus the screws can back out.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I just don't feel like sending it back and forth to get it how I like.  I prefer the friction retention over a click, and I Loctite everything once it's where I want it.  I've seen too many holsters fall apart during competition not to have learned that lesson.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Update in OP
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#22]
anyone know if I should try and loosen it or just use it as is?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#23]
It'll loosen up a little over time, but not all that much.  I'd Google methods of loosening it if it's really too tight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top