BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]
thanks guys...

were going to go pistol feelin soon but there are no gun stores within 40+ miles of us so its not like we can just pop down to the LGS any time we feel like it..

think ill call  ahead to the armory in traverse city n see what they have in there as far a what im looking for... there is also a gander mountain and a couple others in traverse..
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks guys...

were going to go pistol feelin soon but there are no gun stores within 40+ miles of us so its not like we can just pop down to the LGS any time we feel like it..

think ill call  ahead to the armory in traverse city n see what they have in there as far a what im looking for... there is also a gander mountain and a couple others in traverse..
View Quote

If at all possible try to find places that have gun ranges and pistol rentals, so you can see how you like shooting it.  How a gun feels in your hand isn't the same as how you shoot it.  Good luck on your hunt.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]
all LGSs say the SP-01 tactical is "allocated" or some crap and they can only get the one in 40...

and the places that have them want high 7's for em...

not many HK's to be found either at LGSs.. I called a few..

off to Gaylord to jays sptgds and whatever else we can find to get our hands on a few of whatever we can find...
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
all LGSs say the SP-01 tactical is "allocated" or some crap and they can only get the one in 40...

and the places that have them want high 7's for em...

not many HK's to be found either at LGSs.. I called a few..

off to Gaylord to jays sptgds and whatever else we can find to get our hands on a few of whatever we can find...
View Quote

HKs are good pistols but they really don't do anything better than the others. They are way more expensive, mags are expensive, and aby accessories you can find for them will also be at a higher price point
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
No, the HK isn't that far off at all FFS. And besides, after a user is done buying new sights and a better trigger, they're at or past the prices for an HK.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Glock 19 if you want to get a CCW and conceal it, Glock 17 if you don't.

ETA: Sorry, missed the part about the DA/SA and decocker. I really like my dads P226 FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

going back to jays Saturday to pick up our brand new CZ 75 SP-01 TACTICAL!!!

we handled sig 226, m9's, hk's, px4, and a couple others...

she likes the CZ, she can rack he slide fine, she can reach everything just fine etc...

she only liked the way it and the HK's felt, and I didn't like how sloppy, plasticy, and hollow sounding the hk's felt... honestly I think my umarex HK p30 airsoft feels tighter than the real deal does...

the CZ feels rock solid, no slop in anything, beautiful, good ergos for her etc...

what happened was last I knew in Michigan you had to go to the cops to get a purchase permit so we just went looking, turns out that they did away with that and you can buy it right there and then and they do the permit stuff and you can justwalk out with it...

but not knowing this we didn't bring that much cash with us.. only pulled 300 and there isn't a branch of our bank in that town, so we couldn't come home with it..

but they have it in the back on hold for us and we will be back Saturday with a stack of hundies for it and a bunch of ammo...

recommend a couple of brands of ammo to grab while were there? think were gonna get 200-300 rounds for it when we pick it up..

guess it was the only sp-01 tactical that jays owns period for all stores, and the LGS's cant order them in 9mm at all, allocated..

oh yeah, and brand spankin new in the box for $675 + tax and AMMO...

ecstatic
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#8]
oh yeah, they even had it labeled as a standard sp-01, but sure as hell its a tactical model, it says so and is the decocker model..
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
oh yeah, they even had it labeled as a standard sp-01, but sure as hell its a tactical model, it says so and is the decocker model..
View Quote

Don't get too hung up on the CZ branding, even on the pistol itself. If it has the right features, it is the right gun. I have seen P01's marked as CZ-75 Compact. Not just on the placard with the gun under glass, but engraved/etched right onto the slide.

It's because they export similar models to different countries, but only under certain model names.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

going back to jays Saturday to pick up our brand new CZ 75 SP-01 TACTICAL!!!

we handled sig 226, m9's, hk's, px4, and a couple others...

she likes the CZ, she can rack he slide fine, she can reach everything just fine etc...

she only liked the way it and the HK's felt, and I didn't like how sloppy, plasticy, and hollow sounding the hk's felt... honestly I think my umarex HK p30 airsoft feels tighter than the real deal does...

the CZ feels rock solid, no slop in anything, beautiful, good ergos for her etc...

what happened was last I knew in Michigan you had to go to the cops to get a purchase permit so we just went looking, turns out that they did away with that and you can buy it right there and then and they do the permit stuff and you can justwalk out with it...

but not knowing this we didn't bring that much cash with us.. only pulled 300 and there isn't a branch of our bank in that town, so we couldn't come home with it..

but they have it in the back on hold for us and we will be back Saturday with a stack of hundies for it and a bunch of ammo...

recommend a couple of brands of ammo to grab while were there? think were gonna get 200-300 rounds for it when we pick it up..

guess it was the only sp-01 tactical that jays owns period for all stores, and the LGS's cant order them in 9mm at all, allocated..

oh yeah, and brand spankin new in the box for $675 + tax and AMMO...

ecstatic
View Quote

My suggestion would be a 4 boxes of blazer or remington round nose and 3-4 boxes of different HPs.  Shoot off a box of the RNs to rustle your jimmies a bit at the range.  Then start loading up the mags with RNs again but leaving room for ~3 HPs at the top of the stack and start testing the HP brands 1 by 1 (only have to shoot the top few and reload again with HPs).  Pick the one that functions the best or if they all function, awesome, pick which one think you like best and buy a couple more boxes.  Shoot the rest of your RNs for fun or save them, load the mags up with your chosen brand of HPs and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#11]
RNs?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:12:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
RNs?
View Quote

round nose.. ball ammo.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#13]
thank you...

sorry for my ignorance..
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
thank you...

sorry for my ignorance..
View Quote

Everyone posting here had to start somewhere
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#15]
picked it up today and almost 200 rounds (- 1 mag) of assorted brands went through it flawlessly...

not a single malfunction...

the tritium sights are amazing in the dark...

the trigger is plenty good enough for me.. 100X better than a stock AR trigger for example..

not a millimeter of slop In the slide, its super solid...

it is a bit hard to rack the slide though, but I knew that going in..
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Congrats on your purchase.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#17]
ok so for an update...

I stripped the whole thing and polished anything that rubs on anything that has anything to do with the fire control group...

everything about it feels much better, hugely better reset, decocker is way smoother, and improved SA trigger..

after getting it all apart and studying it all now that I have it all back together I feel there is more improvement to be had to the SA, just a bit more off the hammer side...

but OMG!! this thing is the hardest thing to get back together ive ever worked on, everything has to be just so in the right order and you even have to make a slave pin for it to get the ejector cage thing in with all its parts in it before you put it in, it was a royal pain but it aint got shit on me..

I do the triggers on all my guns, I think everything but the old savage 12ga auto I have, ive done em all..

and the CZ magazines...

they have a very long anti tilt follower in them, about a whole inch long.. 18rd version, my gun came with 2x 18 round mags..

but anyway if you load 19 into the mag shell with it disassembled and thenput the follower in you can see that you can take just maybe 1.5mm off of the bottom of the follower and it will all stack with 19 in there, but you need a hair more so the last round has a bit of room for when you put the mag in the top round hits the bottom of the bolt area..

so I did one up and it worked great, 19 in there plus enough room to push the top round flush with the lips on the mag, and it loads in the gun fine and reliably feeds..

I don't forsee a problem with the follower at all because its still almost an inch tall, no way in hell its going to tilt in there..

I love the gun, probably the best pistol ive ever even held.. and its definitely something that is helped out by a little tinkering with a fine stone here and there..

if you aren't much of a mechanic/smith then I don't think I would advise taking one of these all the way down, and if you do you better prepare to make a slave pin to get it back together..

I highly recommend this pistol to anyone that wants a REAL pistol... its just so majestic/elegant compared to other polymer pieces..

I think im going to keep my eye out for an old cz 75 "pre B", something I could try my hand putting a full polish on..
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#18]
GLOCK19    All Day Long!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:03:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Glad that you're happy with the CZ. The single action pull is really great.

My advice for the DA pull is to remove all ammo and mags, put a target on the wall, and just dry fire it in DA over and over again until you can pull it straight back smoothly without disturbing the front sight. Not only will this help your overall trigger pull, it will make it so you don't even notice the DA first shot. Some people stage the trigger (draw it back to it almost breaks then focus on the front sight), but the CZ is pretty smooth and doesn't really need it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:39:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
GLOCK19    All Day Long!
View Quote

Don't read last the first post much huh?  Maybe just the title?

Anyway OP, congrats.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:49:01 AM EDT
[#21]
CZs may not always be the right answer, but they are never the wrong answer.

Good buy, OP.

I'd have gone with the CZ-75 PCR.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:59:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Good buy, OP.

View Quote
How can it not be the right answer and yet not the wrong answer at the same time?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How can it not be the right answer and yet not the wrong answer at the same time?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good buy, OP.

Multiple choice questions.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good buy, OP.

Good answer, lol.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a Walther P99 AS. Its an awesome DA/SA gun. They do come fully ambidextrous and have a 15rd capacity. It utilizes a flush decocker button, instead of a lever which Is great if your concerned about snagging up. Its not to big to carry depending on your body type.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:25:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
sticking wih DA/SA decocker w/no safety... I cant imagine it being any simpler.. anyone can just grab and squeeze even if they've never heard of the gun before, nothing to learn..

either squeeze off the first shot or thumb the hammer if you have time and want an accurate first shot...  decide to quit shooting and just flip a lever to put it right back in double with the hammer down and its safe enough to put back in the drawer..

View Quote

sounds like you just described a DAO striker gun, which is even simpler - no levers to worry about, nor multiple trigger types to learn

congrats on the purchase though! CZs are great guns.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

sounds like you just described a DAO striker gun, which is even simpler - no levers to worry about, nor multiple trigger types to learn

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sticking wih DA/SA decocker w/no safety... I cant imagine it being any simpler.. anyone can just grab and squeeze even if they've never heard of the gun before, nothing to learn..

either squeeze off the first shot or thumb the hammer if you have time and want an accurate first shot...  decide to quit shooting and just flip a lever to put it right back in double with the hammer down and its safe enough to put back in the drawer..

This is a pistol, and not a crew served weapon. If a "lever" hampers you, perhaps you shouldn't be using pistols then.

I own multiple guns, some SA, some DA, some DA/SA, and some are strikers. I can shoot them all the same, not even an issue with triggers and not one problem.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is a pistol, and not a crew served weapon. If a "lever" hampers you, perhaps you shouldn't be using pistols then.

I own multiple guns, some SA, some DA, some DA/SA, and some are strikers. I can shoot them all the same, not even an issue with triggers and not one problem.
View Quote

I'm glad it works for you. Personally I'm a fan of simplicity, and only having to use one trigger pull is something I like, and the CZs put the control where I want my thumbs anyways.

As per you making do with DA/SA triggers that's great, but it wouldn't be what I'd steer a person's first purchase into.  Again, I'm glad he got an SP01. It's still a great gun.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm glad it works for you. Personally I'm a fan of simplicity, and only having to use one trigger pull is something I like, and the CZs put the control where I want my thumbs anyways.

As per you making do with DA/SA triggers that's great, but it wouldn't be what I'd steer a person's first purchase into.  Again, I'm glad he got an SP01. It's still a great gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we should strive to steer someone with what they actually want, and not what we want them to have.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think we should strive to steer someone with what they actually want, and not what we want them to have.
View Quote

Perhaps the single best post ever in the history of this forum.

Fanboys of all makes should take note.

And congrats on the CZ purchase, they are excellent pistols.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#31]
yep lovin it....

after 2000+ hammer cycles in sa and da (dry firing), and lightly stoning the internals where they contact and rub, and reshaping the hammer hook to make it break a bit sooner it is the best feeling action on a pistol ive ever played with..

especially after reading about using heaver oil on these guns instead of very light gun oil, people say wheel bearing grease on slide rails and a heavy synthetic on the action...

after the stone work, trigger use, and that heavier oil, it feels like everything inside is on ball bearings, heavier oil made the DA 10X smoother and lighter..

and I made a nylon washer at about .020 thick to go under the right side decocking lever (ambi side) so it cant come back and touch the outside of the frame on its rotation so it wont make a mark where it travels.. I have thought about ditching the lever on that side, don't need it, I might..

oh the trigger pin kept wanting to float out the left side a bit, so I took it out and wacked the left end of it a bit making some minute flat spots so when I put it in it sticks there and moves no more.. it is a hollow pin but seems to have no seam... I want to get one of the ones from CGW but I haven't yet..

fits an uncle mikes size 5 great...

I highly recommend a CZ to anyone that wants a real deal pistol, and its a very rewarding platform for a bit of tinkering but it is a more complicated platform and you will have to make a captive pin for the sear cage on the decocker model to put it back together...

only problem is that no one has heard of CZ so its hard to brag about, I think most people think its commie junk like an AK/SKS because its from that region
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#32]
No one mentioned a Sig 2022 to the OP.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#33]
CZ make's good stuff, I sold my CZ75B long time ago, big mistake. I'll get another one someday...but I want a Sig first
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would make sense if the buyer truly knew what he wanted and had a rational basis for believing so.  So often this isn't the case.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No one mentioned a Sig 2022 to the OP.
View Quote

He said he wanted a metal frame.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Coming from the guy that say's the only answer is Glock 19 to every thread in here, I'm going with helping them find what they want, not what you or I want.

Leave the shrine mentality behind, boarklr and use some common sense. No where in his OP did the OP describe a striker, let it go.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Coming from the guy that say's the only answer is Glock 19 to every thread in here, I'm going with helping them find what they want, not what you or I want.

Leave the shrine mentality behind, boarklr and use some common sense. No where in his OP did the OP describe a striker, let it go.

View Quote

Coming from the guy who trashes Glock every chance he gets...

Have you read the OP?

He specifically listed Glock.  A few postd down I recommended Sig 226 with a mention of Glock because the OP clearly didn't know what he wanted.

If anyone is on a crusade here, it is you.  Case in point your asinine sig line.

Go read and uncover your ignorance.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Read the part in red:

Quoted:
I sold my primary home defense gun because someone that came over saw it and liked it more than I did.. just a beater SKS...

I want to replace it and the GF wants a pistol because she doesn't want a big bulky thing..

so I need to pick a pistol and im hoping you guys can help me out..

I think I want a real duty/work gun like a glock, m9, m&p, HK idk...

I want 9mm, high capacity (15ish?), and I like the idea of double action first shot with single action hair trgger shots to follow, with the decocker safety type..

yeah I really don't know all that much about pistols, there much more rare around me because most of us are to lazy to go be harassed for a purchase permit...

I want to spend money wisely as far as buying a quality product, good resale value, and I would be very interested in purchasing a used one but that's limited for pistols here because there isn't much of a local 2nd hand market for pistols because of the purchase permit shit..

something tough and rugged also... I think im really leaning towards an m9 because of cheap magazine availability at the army surplus store near me, and because parts/ammo would be extremely available in event of war on American soil, like an AR ...

a nightstand gun that I could take to war as a patriot if shit ever goes down, an effective sidearm to go along with the AR-15...

please help with some opinions

any good reason not to get an M9?

thanks arfcom...

View Quote

But reading comprehension alludes you, eh? Yes, he mentioned Glock, but take away that selective listening of yours, and read on about how he mentioned other types, then read below for the type of action he's after.

There's a very good reason you're on ignore, and I should never have read your obvious reply. As for the crusader remark, pot to kettle...

If my sig line bother's you, then as I called it, you've got an emotional attachment to a tool. A. Tool.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Have you read the OP?

He specifically listed Glock.  A few postd down I recommended Sig 226 with a mention of Glock because the OP clearly didn't know what he wanted.

If anyone is on a crusade here, it is you.  Case in point your asinine sig line.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you read the OP?

I mentioned glock because I knew they were a service pistol, but I didn't know they were all striker fired... I thought they might have a da/sa model...

honestly before this big stent of research on pistols I knew much less about who builds what kind of pistol.. and have never heard of CZ period...

ive always said I wanted an m9 but the ergos for smaller hands are awfull, and I believe we ended up with a better gun than an m9 anyway...

I knew I wanted a higher end (no junk), high cap, full sized, DA/SA, no safety, with a decocker. preferably all metal (steel, alloy whatever NOT POLIMER). something nice, god resale value... ect..

I may not have relayed my exact specifications very well at first not knowing all the terms for the different kinds of actions..

within that criteria I couldn't find anything that I liked better... I think the CZ wins against the sig because the CZ is so well suited to range use/competition shooting..

I am dam satisfied and am convinced that the CZ is one of the finest examples of any pistol ever made.. i believe even those that don't prefer the da/sa, full metal style of pistol could agree that the CZ is a fine specimen of machinery.

compared to all other pistols ever made it is on the high end of durability, reliability, quality, proven design, accuracy, capacity, trigger feel, platform competition potential,  and looks..

it looses on weight, size, and simplicity if that's what your after....

idk... im no expert by far but that's how I feel
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I mentioned glock because I knew they were a service pistol, but I didn't know they were all striker fired... I thought they might have a da/sa model...

honestly before this big stent of research on pistols I knew much less about who builds what kind of pistol.. and have never heard of CZ period...

ive always said I wanted an m9 but the ergos for smaller hands are awfull, and I believe we ended up with a better gun than an m9 anyway...

I knew I wanted a higher end (no junk), high cap, full sized, DA/SA, no safety, with a decocker. preferably all metal (steel, alloy whatever NOT POLIMER). something nice, god resale value... ect..

I may not have relayed my exact specifications very well at first not knowing all the terms for the different kinds of actions..

within that criteria I couldn't find anything that I liked better... I think the CZ wins against the sig because the CZ is so well suited to range use/competition shooting..

I am dam satisfied and am convinced that the CZ is one of the finest examples of any pistol ever made.. i believe even those that don't prefer the da/sa, full metal style of pistol could agree that the CZ is a fine specimen of machinery.

compared to all other pistols ever made it is on the high end of durability, reliability, quality, proven design, accuracy, capacity, trigger feel, platform competition potential,  and looks..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you read the OP?

I'm glad you like your CZ OP..I understand they're fine pistols though I have no personal experience with one.

GSL just gets his panties in a wad when somebody mentions Glock because he has some inherent hate for them.

I'll agree with him that you need to discover what you like.  For me that has evolved over years to be pistols that have one type of pull per pistol.  So that makes me a huge fan of the 1911 as well.

At the risk of destroying GSL's apparent disdain far my alleged Glock fanboism, I will say that my HK VP9 is very impressive and it has features that, IMHO, are superior to Glock.  However, what I personally appreciate most is that its a striker...one pull...and a superior one to Glock.

You shouldn't get a Glock unless you want one.  But I caution you against taking advice from one who advertises a belief that a Highpoint is superior to Glock.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You described a Sig 226 or Beretta M9...from those I'd go Sig 226 every time.

However, I vote Glock 19.  It's cheaper, and IMHO, it's better too.
View Quote

Selective reading GSL..you have it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Are you seriously that annoyed that one member complimented me? Really, you're taking that internet ego of yours way too seriously.

Your issue is that both me and the OP told you that you saw wrong, and instead of accepting that, you lash out. You seriously need to grow up.

ETA: We're done here.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You described a Sig 226 or Beretta M9...from those I'd go Sig 226 every time.

However, I vote Glock 19.  It's cheaper, and IMHO, it's better too.
View Quote

What he said.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top