Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2014 9:43:29 AM EDT
Deciding what to do about getting something small, for when my G19 is a bit too big for the situation or wardrobe.

Please let me know whether you're loving your XDS.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Loving mine post recall here.  No problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I rented one at the range last night. Enjoyed the gun. I know a lot complain about the trigger post recall. The one I shot was very mushy and spongy on the take up, but broke decent. I ride the reset so once you get through that first pull, follow up shots aren't bad with the audible and tactile reset expected from striker fired guns.

The one I shot was very accurate and I enjoyed the sights. I would buy one and honestly am considering it as another ccw backup.

I assume the one I shot had been sent off for recall repair
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking about buying an XDs until I rented one fresh back from recall. One failure to return to battery, two failures to reset, and one light strike changed my mind. Granted that was only a sample of one, but it didn't exactly inspire confidence.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Great.

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#5]
My father has one as EDC. when it came back the trigger was a much heaver pull. probably 7 or 8lbs. No other issues. We put 100 rounds through it when it after Springfield returned it to him.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I use mine as my EDC in a Theis IWB holster.   Many times I'll pat the pistol to see if I am carry it or not, It's that comfortable!
At 10 yds, I can keep all my shots in one big ragged hole.  Mine was a recalled pistol and it is in .45acp.  I am saving up for
the 9mm version for my wife, the pistol is that good!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I first hated it post recall. Then I shot it.....a lot....bought a prp trigger kit....never installed it.gun works fine. Its my edc in summer months.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#8]
It came back with a much heavier and grittier trigger. It was near impossible not to shank left just a hair EVERY time. Supposedly it gets better, but I wouldn't know. I sold it shortly thereafter. I will say it was a tremendously reliable pistol though, it had roughly 1k of the cheapest 9mm money can buy and received minimal maintenance with absolutely no issues from start to finish.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:21:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a 45 XDS.  Trigger seems heavier and grittier post recall. Put about 400 rounds through it since getting it back.  

Had several light primer strikes and failure to return to battery a bunch of times. My least favorite gun right now.  

I would sell it but don't  want to deal with the hassle.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Works fine, still with original innards
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Just bought the xds 9mm 4.0 on Wed. But 120 rnds thought her and ran every single one no problem.

Shot some 115 gr federal target ammo, brass and aluminum case. As well as some Hornady xtps.

My first handgun and I am liking it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Here I thought I was the only one that didn't send in XDS.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Works fine, still with original innards
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Trigger is heavier, I just haven't shot it much. I think it's had some failures to fully chamber, I don't think it's from limp wristing, it probably needs more break in.

I'm going to carry my Glocks or H&K VP9 which has never failed in 400 or so rounds till I get the XDS more reliable.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I put XD right in there with Highpoint
Owned several and had trouble with all.
Sent them back to factory got them back and was still shoddy work IMHO.

Front site was drifted all the way to the right and the back site was drifted all the way to the left.
Where was quality control?
The gun still shot low and way off center.
There was no way to adjust the sights any more.
Sent it back and they said they fixed it. Still shot way off. Had it verified by others.
I marked the barrel,frame,and slide. Sent it back again and they returned it fixed with what appeared to be everything the same.
They said they replaced some parts, but would not say which.
Shot it and no change.I Shot other XD's fine.
So I sold it and like a fool bought another. This one jammed on 180 grain ammo.
It was a 40 cal.
Sold it and vowed no more.
Had friends that had XD's and they were not impressed, but said they were mediocre guns.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I've become aware of the problem of "nudging" the slide out of battery with a round chambered, and the slide refuses to return to battery.

this was easy to replicate in my example.

Anyone else concerned about this?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top