Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/19/2014 11:09:06 AM EDT
I got my M9A1 back from Wilson Combat yesterday.  Overall it looks amazing

I am a bit disappointed in the action/trigger.  In comparison to my other 92 it feels the same.

Overall I am happy, however think I overpaid for the work.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Got a pic of the other side?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, that's... wow.

Does it shoot better?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#3]
other side
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, that's... wow.

Does it shoot better?
View Quote

no idea.  ask me sunday night
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Very nice but damn that's expensive
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Did that price include the gun?

If not - you could have bought 2 x g19s

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait that included the gun?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

negative.  Total investment ~$1400
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Wow, impressive in many ways, I will be looking for the range report....
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Wilson does fantastc work, the pistol looks terrific and I'm looking forward to the range report.

Good luck with it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm almost positive it will shoot smoother and be even more accurate with that target crown. So they charged you a $360 IDPA package premium? What exactly did that include? The itemized stuff I totally get though price wise...
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha, that's wait I thought. Cool gun
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm almost positive it will shoot smoother and be even more accurate with that target crown. So they charged you a $360 IDPA package premium? What exactly did that include? The itemized stuff I totally get though price wise...
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#14]
CUSTOM WORK - IDPA SSP DIVISION PACKAGE (M9A1 BASE GUN REQUIRED)
Includes Action Tune, Battlesight Rear Sight, Fiber Optic Front Sight, Fluted Guide Rod, Oversize Factory Beretta Magazine Release, G10 Grips with Wilson Combat Logo. (Choose your options and magazine release below.)
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:09:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I really like the shortened barrel.  I think that is something I may do with my old 92FS
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool gun but wow on the price
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow, that is very sexy.  Shoot it in the best of health my friend.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks awesome---congrats.

Odd that the trigger is not markedly improved (I realize it's subjective) but mine was night & day
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:08:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Hell no not for a berreta
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:22:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It puts the gun in direct competition with factory custom, and CZ custom shop guns, as well as the lowest end Sig X5.

It is priced appropriately.   Modified guns never retain full invested value, however a gun in 99% of cases is not an "investment".  However, Wilson combat does have significant recognition and brand value, so it is arguably a smarter buy than a number of other quality gun smithing operations in terms of resale value.

The 92's are being "rediscovered" somewhat after a long focus on Glock and CZ platforms in the shooting sports world.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
CUSTOM WORK - IDPA SSP DIVISION PACKAGE (M9A1 BASE GUN REQUIRED)
Includes Action Tune, Battlesight Rear Sight, Fiber Optic Front Sight, Fluted Guide Rod, Oversize Factory Beretta Magazine Release, G10 Grips with Wilson Combat Logo. (Choose your options and magazine release below.)
View Quote

So where's the fiber optic front sight?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#22]
700.00 for a paint job?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
700.00 for a paint job?
View Quote

Seriously?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Seriously?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
700.00 for a paint job?

Seriously?

Yeah, that's a little more than a paint job.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I am super jelly, but that is a lot of dough.  Gun looks very nice and clean though.  I also like the shortened barrel a lot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes...as long as you're happy OP...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice looking weapon OP!

And just as good as any other Custom work that a guy would do on his 1911.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#29]
It sure looks nice
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:08:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Looks good but Wilson is killing me with these 'action jobs'.

WTF is an 'action job'???  Seriously, out of the box, a Beretta has an excellent trigger and is about the most reliable handgun in the world.  Pull the slide back on one a feel how smooth they are.  And they come with a fluted guiderod!

I think the only thong they present with any real value is the G conversion.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#32]
When you say new hammer...what are you talking about?  A new hammer or is Wilson making their own hammers now?

Also, in regard to dovetailing the front of the slide, i do not believe there is enough material there on the standard m9 style slide to do that.  I too was wondering the same thing but after looking at the pistol, the slide would be awfully thin in that area if you did indeed cut.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
When you say new hammer...what are you talking about?  A new hammer or is Wilson making their own hammers now?

Also, in regard to dovetailing the front of the slide, i do not believe there is enough material there on the standard m9 style slide to do that.  I too was wondering the same thing but after looking at the pistol, the slide would be awfully thin in that area if you did indeed cut.
View Quote

Elite 1 had a hammer that's too light causing light strikes which was why they were discontinued for the elite 2. E2 hammer is factory beretta little heavier than the e1 and a nice looking upgrade to a stock 92
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:19:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess I'm confused by the invoice then.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Did that price include the gun?

If not - you could have bought 2 x g19s

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Somebody buys a $3K 1911 they get a pat on the back.

Someone puts money into ANY other gun and they get told they could buy a bunch of Glocks instead.

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks sexy...no doubt about it.  No way I'd pour another $700 into my 92fs, but to each his own.  More power to ya.  I'd like to hear how it shoots (compared to before of course).

Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You should watch what happens when somebody buys a $2500 Glock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone puts money into ANY other gun and they get told they could buy a bunch of Glocks instead.

Oh, I know. Ive read the Salient and Zev threads too.

I'm strongly considering building a high end Glock. I have a $225 Geissele in my ARs, I'd have no problem putting a $200 trigger in a poly handgun.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Looks good. Let us know how it shoots.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha was just thinking that.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:01:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Looks great OP.

I plan on having a 96-A1 sent out to Wilson soon and get the same type of treatment!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Very nice job.

I like it ..
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Looks great!  I have a 92a1 coming in this Thursday and I'm going to shoot a couple thousand rounds first and decide on sending it in.  I'd like to to some of the mods myself with the Wilson parts, we'll see.  Good color choice.  If you YouTube Wilson Beretta there is a guy there who just got his modded Beretta in FDE and that color looks awesome to.  I may go with that color.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks great, the only part that I think was overpriced was the $200 bucks for the new finish.  I got my AR billet upper and lower receiver cerakoted for way less than that!  I hope Armor-Tuff holds up better than cerakote, cause it sure ain't cheap!

Either way after watching Larry Vickers talk about one of these, I want one too!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you confused by?

I double checked and my question about hammers was answered.  The invoice does say Beretta factory elite hammer.  I didnt originally see that picture and thought that perhaps wilson was making their own hammers, kind of like what they're doing with the short reach triggers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I double checked and my question about hammers was answered.  The invoice does say Beretta factory elite hammer.  I didnt originally see that picture and thought that perhaps wilson was making their own hammers, kind of like what they're doing with the short reach triggers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It said they install a fiber optic front sight as part of their IDPA SSP package. It's not there.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It said they install a fiber optic front sight as part of their IDPA SSP package. It's not there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes sir but that does not mean they are adding a dovetail.

They are simply drilling the front sight for the fiber rod.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#48]
All the pics on Wilson's site show guns with dovetails and they sell dovetail sights as parts.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:10:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
All the pics on Wilson's site show guns with dovetails and they sell dovetail sights as parts.
View Quote

The original 1911 had a fixed front...Wilson still sells dovetailed sights.

As per Wilson Combat, they are NOT milling the slides of Beretta M9's for dovetails.  Please confirm with the company if my relaying THEIR word is not enough.  I would LIKE to be proven wrong as that would open the door to having an M9A1 cut for sights.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:36:55 AM EDT
[#50]
How's the grips compared to stock?  I read that they are a bit thinner.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top