Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2014 2:31:23 PM EDT
So I been wanting to put a 9mm SP-01 on lay away at Buds. Problem is every damn time they come in stock it's in small quantities and they sell out in no time. I always hear about how amazingly low the recoil is on the 9mm SP-01's. Since the .40 is readily available, I was thinking of putting one on layaway. My question is, would the recoil be that much more noticeable on it compared to 9mm beings .40 S&W is known to be more snappy? I really don't want the .40 but I'm growing impatient. All my other pistols are in 9mm so it would be ideal to get a 9mm SP-01 but that's proving to be quite an annoying task to jump on one at Buds before they go out of stock.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Cant comment on the recoil, but I will say this:

If you really want the 9mm, wait for it. You'll get one eventually. If you arent gonna be happy with the 40, itll be more money and time wasted if you ever decide to get rid of it for a 9mm
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is great in 9mm. I bought it a few years ago from a friend. I don't know what it would be like in 40, though. If the 9mm is what you want, will you even be happy with it in an alternate caliber?

ETA) Sorry about that, I have a P-07. Misread the thread title.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine is great in 9mm. I bought it a few years ago from a friend. I don't know what it would be like in 40, though. If the 9mm is what you want, will you even be happy with it in an alternate caliber?

ETA) Sorry about that, I have a P-07. Misread the thread title.
View Quote

I can't say whether or not I'd be "happy." I wanted to stay with 9mm to be streamlined on pistol calibers and I already have plenty of it. Only reason why .40 is even an option for me now is 9mm availability is truly pissing me off since I'm limited to Buds at the time being because they offer layaway.  Normally, I wouldn't entertain the option of .40 s&w in any way shape or form.
Lower mag cap than 9mm
More expensive than 9mm
More snappy than 9mm
Not any more impressive than 9mm when it comes to hollow point performance

Did I just talk myself out of it? Lmao.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea...I said screw it and put an EAA Witness Elite Match in 9mm on layaway. Kept reading nothing but fantastic reviews on them so I'm going for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top