Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 5:37:44 PM EDT
Having trouble deciding on what gun to buy next.
This will be for HD and taking to the gun range.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
g23 if you carry if not get a sp-01 in 9mm
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock all the way.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The SP 01 is VERY different than the G23.  Like someone else said - if you're going to carry it, then get the G23, but if you will really just use it for HD and range time, then the SP 01 is the gun for you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a Glock 23 RTF already, just wanted a gen4 but I keep  looking and and reading up on CZ and really starting to like what I see and what I have read.
Just wanted to get other people thoughts and opinions.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got a Glock 23 RTF already, just wanted a gen4 but I keep  looking and and reading up on CZ and really starting to like what I see and what I have read.
View Quote
Since you already have a G23, I'm recommending to stay with the Glock due to reduced costs of holsters & magazines(particularly magazines). And you won't have the muscle memory confusion of taking a training class with one and then having to use the other in a SD/HD situation.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Since you already have a G23, I'm recommending to stay with the Glock due to reduced costs of holsters & magazines(particularly magazines). And you won't have the muscle memory confusion of taking a training class with one and then having to use the other in a SD/HD situation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I usually stay with the same platform because of this, but I think that CZ is one sexy bitch.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#7]
People bitch and moan about the .40S&W being too snappy and so on.  I'm not one of those people.  Regardless, the SP-01 is an excellent design for the .40 caliber.  It's really a pleasure to shoot.  I have the .40 and my dad has the SP-01 in 9mm so I have lot's of trigger time behind both calibers.  I'm very happy with my SP-01.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I usually stay with the same platform because of this, but I think that CZ is one sexy bitch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not denying that the CZ isn't sexy or would be an efficient platform. Just that I don't recommend that you mix HD/SD plus the prerequisite training to obtain proficiency with them with range guns. The only reason that I sometimes carry my .45 is that I started shooting them in 1968 which gives a few years of muscle memory to fall back on should the feces hit the fan. Otherwise, I stick100% with compact or full size Glocks.

I tell you this as someone that somehow survived a HD shooting back in 1998 through the grace of God since I did every wrong stupid thing there was to do. I assure you with 100% absolution, the moment time dilation kicks in that you will drop back to whatever level of training you have. When that guy came around the coffee table with that foot long screwdriver at me, the only thing running through my mind was my instructor repeatedly yelling at me, "FOCUS ON THE FRONT SIGHT!" You have 3 seconds from the time you awaken to the time you put rounds down range. It isn't a time to be futzing around with different safeties or triggers on 'sexy' pistols.

My recommendation still is to get the G23 for your HD/SD/CCW and, then, get the CZ for a safe queen to take to the range.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
g23 if you carry if not get a sp-01 in 9mm
View Quote

This

The SP-01 is awesome, but not very ideal for carry.  The Glock cannot be beaten for carry.    Light, flat, lots of rounds for the size, controllable, concealable, easy to find QUALITY holsters, parts, and accessories.  

With all of the cheap ex-cop G23's on the market, you really should consider the mantra of "get both"

Kygunco usually has excellent prices on CZ's,  don't trade the Glock.   Market has been flooded with .40', and you won't get much for it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Glock. More aftermarket support and the Gen 4s were basically designed around .40
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Next question will be what of those two pistols do you think would be more reliable in the long run?
My ccw gun is a Smith&Wesson M&P compact but thinking of changing that after having a few problems with it dropping magazines.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Tough to beat a G23 as an all around fighting gun.

I own several gen3 and 4s
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#13]
CZ without any hesitation..  I like Glocks but my P-01 is by far my favorite pistol.  I love it.

Both are reliable and will great HD pistols at the range though think Ford Ranger vs Cadillac CTS-V

Glock mags are cheaper and they do have awesome aftermarket support so there are some positives going that route
However if you go with the CZ and don't mind throwing a few extra bucks a CGW trigger kit then you will really have something you'll treasure.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top