Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2014 4:34:51 AM EDT
Here's my dilemma:
I love the ergonomics & feel of the SP2022, it's gtg right out of the box for me. However, it has more muzzle rise than the PX4 Compact.
I shoot the PX4 better than the SP2022 but I don't care for the slide-mounted safety, slick grip & unusual sight alignment (slide-mounted safety can be converted to decocker-only which is an improvement and Talon Grips can solve the slick grip problem).
If limited to those two choices, which would you choose and why?
Tomac
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:35:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Here's my dilemma:
I love the ergonomics & feel of the SP2022, it's gtg right out of the box for me. However, it has more muzzle rise than the PX4 Compact.
I shoot the PX4 better than the SP2022 but I don't care for the slide-mounted safety, slick grip & unusual sight alignment (slide-mounted safety can be converted to decocker-only which is an improvement and Talon Grips can solve the slick grip problem).
If limited to those two choices, which would you choose and why?
Tomac
View Quote

Px4 because you said you shot it better. If you are more accurate with it in slow fire, and you have quicker split times with the Beretta and you can comfortably carry it, that is what you should carry. A lot of people disparage the slide mounted safety/decocker. I agree that I would convert it to one of the low profile decocker only switches. The slick grip never bothered me on the Subcompact Px4 that I had, but as you said, if it does bother you that can be fixed. Ergonomics don't amount to anything if they don't help you shoot better.

Until you can shoot the SIG better than you can shoot the Beretta, I'd stick with the Beretta.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:39:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Beretta since you shoot it better and I'm a Sig guy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Being an armchair commando(aka haven't shot either of them)...I would choose the SP2022 it has better controls and proven reliability.  I think the Px4 is inherently more accurate than the Sig, but I don't think it is an issue unless you are shooting the Sig horribly.

Edit:  I guess the SP2022 price rose and they are about the same now.  Used to be right at 399 or so if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
That's a easy one the Sig
This pistol is highly under rated

Im a sig fan but only of a few models

The Sig Pro 2022 .MK25,P239 unless it has changed to the -1 extractor

The only Beretta I will carry is the M9 series
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Sig 2022.

At a recent class, saw both PX4 fail multiple times per string. Yes, a limited sample size but the only failure I've had with a Sig was with an aftermarket magazine. Tossed the mag & problems stopped.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]
My pops really likes his PX4  compact, He doesn't carry it much though.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#7]
You asked what I would do, which would be carry the SP2022. But if you shoot the Beretta noticeably better, go with that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sig 2022.

At a recent class, saw both PX4 fail multiple times per string. Yes, a limited sample size but the only failure I've had with a Sig was with an aftermarket magazine. Tossed the mag & problems stopped.
View Quote

Can you be more specific as to the actual PX4 failures? Thx...
Tomac
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't like the slide mounted safety on the PX4.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not a fan of either one but if you shoot the PX4 better, I would recommend going with that. Just be sure to get a G decock only model
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:43:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I have shot the px4 and it is a decent pistol but I just prefer the 2022 and I shoot it pretty damned good.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:01:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Why are these the only options if there are so many limitations to either?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#14]
You really cannot go wrong with either one...

But I'm going to give the nod to the PX4 since you shoot it better.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#15]
SP2022 hands down IMO, no safety and better grip texture

Your marksmanship will improve with practice with the Sig if you choose that option.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top