Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2014 6:31:17 PM EDT
Bought a model 4006 last week. Had to remove the grips in order to clean up some surface rust. Before I went to put the mainspring and plunger back on the stirrup and install the grips, I squeezed the trigger just to see how the parts worked. Nothing happened. After playing with it for a bit, I determined that the drawbar was not engaged with the sear. It sits slightly lower, allowing it to move independently, and not work the hammer. So my question is, how do I fix this? I installed the grips, and the problem remains. Kinda clueless about how to fix it, as I know very little about taking a semi-auto all the way down.

Also, what is the function of the side plate assembly, and why does the slide stop have a plunger that butts against it?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Bought a model 4006 last week. Had to remove the grips in order to clean up some surface rust. Before I went to put the mainspring and plunger back on the stirrup and install the grips, I squeezed the trigger just to see how the parts worked. Nothing happened. After playing with it for a bit, I determined that the drawbar was not engaged with the sear. It sits slightly lower, allowing it to move independently, and not work the hammer. So my question is, how do I fix this? I installed the grips, and the problem remains. Kinda clueless about how to fix it, as I know very little about taking a semi-auto all the way down.

Also, what is the function of the side plate assembly, and why does the slide stop have a plunger that butts against it?
View Quote

Shot in the dark here since I've never handled this particular model, but does it have a magazine disconnect safety?

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Shot in the dark here since I've never handled this particular model, but does it have a magazine disconnect safety?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:40:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Was the magazine in the pistol?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:34:13 AM EDT
[#4]
No. Ooooooh. Got it.

ETA: I'm a dumbass. It was the mag disconnect safety. Works fine now. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Enjoy your 4006

Summit has some, Im resisting buying one.....

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No. Ooooooh. Got it.

ETA: I'm a dumbass. It was the mag disconnect safety. Works fine now. Thanks for the help.
View Quote

We have all had brain farts it's ok!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:25:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Enjoy your 4006

Summit has some, Im resisting buying one.....

View Quote

Thats where I got it from. Good price, just when you call them to order, specify that you want one without rust under the grips.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...Summit has some, Im resisting buying one.....
View Quote

that's a damn good price, even the tsw price is good
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:58:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I love these guns
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top