BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:07:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These debates are really hilarious.  I recommend shooting them all and buying whatever pistol you like best.  Who really gives a shit what someone else likes better?  The best pistol is whatever pistol you like best.
View Quote

Your post is "hilarious".

This is a forum where people come to discuss the relative merits of the various pistols.  Those merits as discussed help potential buyers understand what is "best" for them.

As for "shooting them all", just how is someone supposed to do that unless they live in some metropolitan area where they can rent "them all"?  Some of us, many of us, do not live in any such place tho once we buy the thing have opportunities and requirements to use them unknown and sometimes unfathomed by the urban hordes.

I always find posts on forums disparaging discussion to be a bit absurd.

After all, it is a forum.

By such reasoning it would be best if Arfcom posted up topics and we all just mumbled to ourselves about them...
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:39:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This is a forum where people come to discuss the relative merits of the various pistols.  Those merits as discussed help potential buyers understand what is "best" for them.

As for "shooting them all", just how is someone supposed to do that unless they live in some metropolitan area where they can rent "them all"?  Some of us, many of us, do not live in any such place tho once we buy the thing have opportunities and requirements to use them unknown and sometimes unfathomed by the urban hordes.

By such reasoning it would be best if Arfcom posted up topics and we all just mumbled to ourselves about them...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These debates are really hilarious.  I recommend shooting them all and buying whatever pistol you like best.  Who really gives a shit what someone else likes better?  The best pistol is whatever pistol you like best.

Agree. I can't fathom the concept of "a gun discussion forum is not a forum for the discussion of guns".

The part about shooting what you can is good. Lots of places offer rentals, but you have to be willing to spend some money doing your research. Realistically you're looking at a box of ammo for each demoed gun, so it makes sense to get as much feedback as possible to narrow down your choices to (in this case 2 or 3).

Also, demoing a gun may not be truly helpful. Shooting 50 rounds (or less) may not give you the full picture of the gun, nor will it show you how it performs with a bit of practice.

Make no mistake, it's a good idea to try before buying. But trying doesn't replace good in depth discussion as to the pros and cons and idiosyncrasies; just as discussion doesn't replace trigger time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The only time I could discern a significant difference was when I had them both at the range at the same time and shot one right after the other. The bore axis difference is noticeable in recoil, but it doesn't necessarily make it better or worse. Granted this is all subjective so YMMV. But to me the 320's impulse has a more pronounced muzzle rise while the 17's feels more like its directed straight back. I was able to get fast and [relatively] accurate follow-up shots with both pistols, and that's really my bottom line. No difference in how they perform with regard to more practical defensive type shooting. They just "feel" different.

Now with regard to slow fire, shooting for accuracy/precision, the 320 performed significantly better in my hands. Maybe its inherently more accurate, as the slide to barrel fit is noticeably more tight in my 320 than my G17, M&P, or XD. Or maybe its just me. I will say the factory sights on the 320 are actually usable, unlike the cheap placeholders that Glocks are shipped with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Nice to hear from someone that has both. What do you think of the recoil impulse on the 320 vs the 17?

The only time I could discern a significant difference was when I had them both at the range at the same time and shot one right after the other. The bore axis difference is noticeable in recoil, but it doesn't necessarily make it better or worse. Granted this is all subjective so YMMV. But to me the 320's impulse has a more pronounced muzzle rise while the 17's feels more like its directed straight back. I was able to get fast and [relatively] accurate follow-up shots with both pistols, and that's really my bottom line. No difference in how they perform with regard to more practical defensive type shooting. They just "feel" different.

Now with regard to slow fire, shooting for accuracy/precision, the 320 performed significantly better in my hands. Maybe its inherently more accurate, as the slide to barrel fit is noticeably more tight in my 320 than my G17, M&P, or XD. Or maybe its just me. I will say the factory sights on the 320 are actually usable, unlike the cheap placeholders that Glocks are shipped with.

It's not just you. Not the exact same comparison but I have a P226 and an M&P 9 and have experienced the same phenomenon. Slow fire, I shoot tighter groups with my P226 and it seems like it's inherently a more accurate pistol in my hands as well. Rapid fire, and the roles are reversed due to reacquiring my sights a bit quicker with the M&P
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Im a Sig fanboy in anything DA/SA, but is damn hard to beat a Glock for a striker fired pistol IMHO

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:34:08 AM EDT
[#5]
The more I read and watch videos about the P320 the more I am intrigued by this set up. I thought when Sig came out with the P250, the modularity would really have an impact on the industry. Their execution wasn't that well thought out and it kind of fizzled. The one thing that no other company has been able to match is Glock's aftermarket support like it or not.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
this

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top