Quoted:

Are you a certified Glock Armorer?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you shoot it before installing the after market parts?

If not, I see no fault with Glock...just you and what you've done.

I changed the disconnector, firing pin spring and firing pin block spring before shooting it the first time. Once it became a single shot, I changed all of the springs back and put the original disconnector back in. This level of "gun-smithing" is not rocket science. Once back to stock, the trigger reset issue improved, but it would still happen at least once every magazine. I'm wondering if it has more to do with the lighter slide cycling too fast.

Are you a certified Glock Armorer?

That's a red herring.  I've changed out many parts on a 1911, with no training and it ran before and ran after.  Actually, "many" might be an exaggeration.  But parts.  MSH, guts, sear spring.....  Aaaaaah, grips.  LOL.  Barrel bushing.  Rear sight.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I just want to see a pic of all of these handguns you "own"
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just want to see a pic of all of these handguns you "own"
View Quote

He never said he currently owns all of them. His list is of handguns he's owned.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:58:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry you are having issues, I know it's frustrating.
I've owned several Glocks (not nearly as many as you) with no problems at all until my Gen 4 G26.
The gap between the mag and grip means I have to change my grip, but even the factory couldn't (or wouldn't) fix the weak ejection.

Not sure what is going on with Glock, but I wish they'd get their act together.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure your trigger spring is not upside down. I know you probably know this, but it is easy to overlook when installing and will cause the exact problem you are having.   The opening in the spring should be up, when you look at it installed in the housing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:33:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I WANT to love Glocks. They point well for me; I like the weight, capacity, even the looks; but the first two I bought (basically at the same time), a Gen 3 19 and 17 were troublesome, FTF's, random ejection patterns. After reading the word "limp wrist" for the thousandth time, I sold them. I did buy a Gen 3 26 later on and still have it. I've only put 50 rounds through it but it did run really well.

I've owned (all 9mm)
Sig P250
Springfield XD's and XDM's
S&W M&P Full and compact
and my HK USP

Out of all of those, only the P250 ever gave me any trouble whatsoever and it did give lots of it, so it was gone pretty quick.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I only have the one Glock.

I have 2 XDMs.  Two M&Ps.  Two CZs.

Glock - 1 malfunction

Both XDMS - zero malfunctions

M&Ps - too many malfunctions to list

CZs - zero malfunctions.

Just my experience.
View Quote

That's surprising to me. What model/caliber M&P's do you have that have too many malfunctions to list? Why do you still have them? My brother and I have 5 M&P's between us, (4) .40 calibers and (1) .357Sig. All see thousands of rounds a year. We have exactly (1) malfunction between us and it was 100% the shitty Remington UMC "Green Label" ammo I had to use during the shortage 2 years ago. The case length was nearly 22.2mm's long and locked the pistol up, (hardly the pistols fault.) Besides that, flawless in 10,000+ rounds... I can't say that for my other, long gone polymer pistols.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I WANT to love Glocks. They point well for me; I like the weight, capacity, even the looks; but the first two I bought (basically at the same time), a Gen 3 19 and 17 were troublesome, FTF's, random ejection patterns. After reading the word "limp wrist" for the thousandth time, I sold them. I did buy a Gen 3 26 later on and still have it. I've only put 50 rounds through it but it did run really well.

I've owned (all 9mm)
Sig P250
Springfield XD's and XDM's
S&W M&P Full and compact
and my HK USP

Out of all of those, only the P250 ever gave me any trouble whatsoever and it did give lots of it, so it was gone pretty quick.
View Quote

I had a 2006 Gen "3" G27 that was the biggest piece of shit pistol I've ever owned. It constantly exhibited failure to feed (stove pipes), locking the slide back with 1-2 rounds in the magazine, and failure to feed nose dives into the feed ramp. All of these (3) of these constant malfunctions always happened on the 7th & 8th round in the magazine. It couldn't get two full (9) round mags without one or more of the aforementioned with anyone who shot it. This was with factory 9 round mags and 13 round G23 mags as well. I drove it to Glock, the armorer changed the ejector, extractor, ejector spring, trigger bar, firing pin & spring, magazines, slide stop, and recoil spring. With him changing everything out at the same time we never found out exactly what the problem was. So I sold the little piece of shit to a friend who fully knew the history for cheap. Most Glocks work well, this one didn't. Everyone puts out shit sometimes and to think any manufacturer doesn't is stupid. Would I still buy/own a Glock. Absolutely, but never ever in a .40 again and certainly never a G26/27...
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:28:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Indiana State Police and Pennsylvania State Police. Both agencies have dropped the Glock 21 Gen 4 this year. I don't know the exact reason, but I know they got rid of thousands of next to new Glock 21 Gen 4's and traded them in on Sig 227's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Major police departments are DUMPING Glocks, especially Gen 4 21's.

Please provide us a list of agencies and reasons for moving to a different firearm. Police contracts are very complex and political. Often changes have very little or nothing to do with the firearm itself especially if another company is willing to give them a good deal.

Indiana State Police and Pennsylvania State Police. Both agencies have dropped the Glock 21 Gen 4 this year. I don't know the exact reason, but I know they got rid of thousands of next to new Glock 21 Gen 4's and traded them in on Sig 227's.

Some trooper friends tell me the change at ISP was politically motivated (no way to confirm that) and rank and file are not happy about losing the glock.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#10]
M37-38spl

M640- 357mag
M649

M640- 38spl+P
M637
M642

M19-357mag
M19
M13
M686

All S&W bought  were excellent revolvers! and the last Jframe I bought in 5-12 a M642 I didn't even scope out before leaving the GS.

GP100 357mag  6inch  
GP100 3inch
Both gave excellent performance.

Colt DS 38spl+P  Barrel was off slightly had to be return to colt. Also accuracy wasn't as near as good as S&W.

Gen 1 Ruger P85 9mm  pistol ran great but wouldn't group at all. Talk about 9mm syndrome.

First real pistol

Colt 80S Combat Elite The first model made
Colt  80S Officers ACP
Colt Mustang 380

Combat Elite was gave excellent service. And  almost as accurate as my Half Breed SIG  (USA Slide and German framed 98 P229 40cal).
Colt officers ACP I had a lot of work done to get it to be reliable. I wont buy a short barrel 45ACOP again though.
Colt Mustang was reliable and accuracy was good close up .

S&W M5906  gave good service and loved the recoil impulse
S&W 6906 gave  good service and was  more accurate than the big brother but had more recoil.

Sig P229 40cal bought 4-98  Still my favorite pistol of all and the most accurate .and has been 100% so far.

HK P30S V3 9mm bought last year. Its well made and accurate enough. So far its been 100%
I would take a MK25 or Non -1 P229 40cal over it any day of the week.

Ive been pretty lucky buying handguns and long arms

Really the only bad was the P85 accuracy

Pistols I would buy today.
HK  any
Beretta M models only
Sig MK25 and Sigpro and maybe the P239 If it aint got the -1 slide

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#11]
So...was your trigger spring upside down or what?  

Though after a blow up thread like this, and it being quite a beginner mistake, I wouldn't expect you to come back and admit that an improper spring install was the problem...
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't know why everybody is jumping on the op, I like Glocks but fubar ejection is par for the course with them now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm somewhat of a Glock fanboy, but I'm afraid I'm losing faith in Glock these days. Think of it this way...if you purchased a new car and it wouldn't start, steer or stop properly right off of the lot, you'd likely take it back or buy something else. That's the way I feel right now about Glock.

After a long wait at my LGS, I recently picked up a Glock 41. In fact, I sold my 100% perfect G21SF for this "upgrade". So, I dropped in the same Wolff competition spring kit and "-" disconnector that has worked so perfectly in my gen. 4 G34 and headed to the range, only to discover that my G41 would fire one shot, eject the spent case, chamber a new round, but fail to reset the trigger. I fired 20+ rounds...bang...rack the slide...bang...rack the slide, best damn single shot pistol ever. So, I go home and replace all the aftermarket parts and put all the heavy ass springs, etc. back into it. Go back to the range and things have improved...slightly. Now it only fails to reset the trigger once every magazine or so. Really? I'm getting sick of this. It always resets perfectly when hand cycling it but does not do so consistently when firing live ammo.

Now I realize that any company can produce a lemon...I get it, but allow me to provide some perspective. I've owned probably 15-20 Glock pistols over the years. I can remember the following:

3- gen 3 G19's
2- gen 3 G17's
1- gen 3 G23
1- gen 3 G21SF
1- gen 3 G30
2- gen 3 G26's
1- gen 3 G34
1- gen 3 G30S
1- gen 4 G17
1- gen 4 G34
1- gen 4 G19
1- gen 4 G42

Of all of these pistols listed not a single "old school" gen. 3 ever gave me trouble. Never a failure. Fast forward to Glock's newer offerings:

G30S- Several FTF until the magazines broke in a bit.
G17 gen. 4-Functioned fine if you like eating brass.
G19 gen. 4-No issues
G34 gen 4- trigger reset issues, fixed by replacing trigger spring.
G42 gen 4- major FTF issues with weak cartridges, and very ammunition specific. Basically find one cartridge it likes and stick with it.
G41 gen 4- inconsistent trigger reset issues when firing only.

So allow me to provide some comparison. I have owned probably the same number of Sig pistols of both old and new manufacture and currently have nine in my vault.

6-P226
4-P220
5-P229
3-P239
2-P228
2-P245
1-P225
1-P220 Compact
2-P6

There's probably a half dozen more I've completely forgotten about. Out of all these Sig pistols, I've had one P239 in .357 Sig that was picky about magazines. I had one new US manufacture P229 that went bang every time, but the gun shot nowhere near POA. And lastly, I had a Sig P6 that wouldn't feed hollow points, a well known and documented problem that was corrected with a feed ramp polish.

Let's try another brand of pistols...CZ

Out of 3 CZ75's, 2 CZ75 compacts, 3 CZ83's, CZP01, CZ75PCR, CZ82, and a SP-01 Tactical I've had only one problem. A factory nickel CZ83 that hated Bill Clinton's 10 round magazines, but otherwise was perfect.

What about Beretta? I have a 92FS that has over 12,000 rounds through it and not once has it failed me...never.

Smith and Wesson? Not a lot of experience here...a couple of M&P's, a 45 Compact and a Shield 9. Never any problems.

HK? Three USP's in various sizes and calibers. The USP tactical sights were so far off, that no amount of adjustment could get me to POA.

Hell, even a dozen or so 1911's haven't given me this much trouble.

While it is true that I have "range toys", Glocks have always been my EDC and my nightstand gun. Up until now, if I had to grab any pistol in my vault in a SHTF situation, it would probably be a G19 or G17. But, having had some sort of trouble in 4 out of my last 5 Glock purchases I'm just not convinced I can trust my life to newly manufactured Glock products any longer.

If anyone has suggestions on how to address the trigger reset issue with my G41, I'm all ears.
View Quote

I thought hell would freeze over before I saw a glockaholic lose faith in Glock, while at the same time praising CZ's.

I can die happy knowing this post exists.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Don't know why everybody is jumping on the op, I like Glocks but fubar ejection is par for the course with them now.
View Quote

I disagree with this.  My small sample size of 4 (the last 4 Glocks I've purchased...all Gen 4)...indicates no problems.  

I also read that it has subsided from the larger sample size.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I disagree with this.  My small sample size of 4 (the last 4 Glocks I've purchased...all Gen 4)...indicates no problems.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What has been done to fix erratic ejection?  I fixed mine with a $60 Apex tool steel extractor, but weak ammo still gives me the occasional erratic ejection.  Don't really mind the price of the Apex part since Glock went to shitty MIM on such a critical part(extractor).
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#16]
'the higher ups were monkeying with the tests because they didn't like polymer guns. All the troops I talked to liked the 21"  

BINGO!!!!!!!!!  For ISP and PSP.  PSP had some out of spec. triggers in 30 some guns (out of 5000). Glock changed out all the trigger bars on the PSP pistols.  ISP had some issue that I am not sure of, but it was corrected by Glock.  Contact your local Glock Rep. and they may tell you the circumstances.  They did talk about it at an armorers course a few months ago.  ALL of the Troopers I have worked with or spoke to liked their G21G4's.  The P227 is a really good pistol, but its DA/SA and does not have interchangeable grips.  This will be a training nightmare for Troopers who have carried issue Glocks for 10 yrs.  I like the P227 not sure how it will work out- there have been reports of a pin in the trigger group that breaks.  We issue the G21G4 and all like them.  We did replace the trigger bar, but we did not have any problems before.  Apparently PSP problems surfaced at the academy after cadets put 800+ rounds thru their pistols.(this surfaced after 800+ rds???).
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top