Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/26/2014 2:41:40 PM EDT
I picked up a VP9 at the gunshow this morning.  It was $749 plus tax, but it had the factory installed Tru Dot night sights.  From what I could tell, only one dealer had them, and he had two.  Serial number is exceptionally low - 1615, so it appears that there aren't many out there yet.  It came with two magazines, but the dealer was willing to sell me additional mags for $25 each.  I walked away with 5 total mags.  He had them priced regularly for $30, and I was surprised.  That's not much more than Glock mags.

I sold my other HK pistols (HK45 and P30) a few months ago because I wanted out of DA/SA pistols, and the triggers sucked IMHO.  Being a Glock guy, I thought I'd like the VP9 because it had the primary feature I look for - one trigger pull.

Today, I've put 100 rounds each, side-by-side, through the VP9 and a Glock 19 Gen 4.  I shoot Glocks regularly, carry one daily, so I expected the Glock to outperform the HK in my hands.  The fact is that it did not.  

They both performed flawlessly (WWB and Federal Champion ammo...all 115 grn.) as expected.  Clearly 200 rounds total between the two isn't a torture test, but it's a hot MF outside today.  

I won't call myself a Glock "fanboi" as some douche bags want to label people, but I do own 5 of them, and trust my life to one.  I'm staying with Glock.  However...

In my opinion, the HK certainly has a better trigger.  I found it easier (the trigger / pistol was more forgiving) to shoot to intended POA.  It's not a nice 1911 trigger, but it's better than any of my Glocks.  It feels great in the hand...quite possibly the most ergonomic "feeling" pistol one can buy.  For me, the bottom line is that this one is a keeper, but I'll not  yet be trading out my G19's for CC.  As time goes by and I shoot it more, if I find that I shoot it measurably better than Glocks, I may change my mind.

I believe that HK got it right with this one...it's a very nice pistol.  If I were starting my shooting / collecting career, I truly might choose to start here rather than with Glocks.  However...I remain committed to the Glock.

This evening and over the next few weeks I intend to continue to shoot these two pistols side-by-side to try to determine which truly suites me the most.  It's going to be fun.  

I might post some pics later this evening, but I see that there's a great thread comparing the exact dimensions of these two pistols already.  

As an aside, I think I like the cocking "nubs."  Didn't think I would, but they're just enough for sweaty hands, but not too much to get in the way.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review. My buddy just got one last week and seems to love it. The trigger felt nice.

I am a glock man myself, with an HK45ct in the stable as well and would really like to add the vp9 to that as well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the review.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the review.  I can't wait to see one in person.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I've skimmed over other threads, but this is the first one that I realized the VP is a striker.

Holy shit am I excited.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've skimmed over other threads, but this is the first one that I realized the VP is a striker.

Holy shit am I excited.
View Quote

Yeah...I put more through her Sunday...it's starting to make my Glocks feel like shit.

...and I am a huge Glock fan.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah...I put more through her Sunday...it's starting to make my Glocks feel like shit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit am I excited.

The only downside I see is that it's a little bigger than the 19.  Other than that, it's a 19 with a much better trigger, front slide serrations, and a grip that was made for, you know, human hands.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Got one last weekend, fabulous, glock is now gone
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The only downside I see is that it's a little bigger than the 19.  Other than that, it's a 19 with a much better trigger, front slide serrations, and a grip that was made for, you know, human hands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit am I excited.

I don't carry my G19 much at all since I got my Shield and G42.  Not sure it's worth it to upgrade my G19 to an HK if it's just going to be a nightstand gun...My Glock isn't just good enough, it's still a darned fine pistol!  That being said, I'll  most likely end up with a VP just cause that's what I've always done LOL.  America, what a country!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#9]
They're never really gone.  They seem to linger in the brain until you wake up morning seriously regretting having gotten rid of it.  That's just the way it works.  It happens to everyone.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#10]
One big thing the Glock has going for it is that it gets the bore very low WRT your forearm.  As a result, follow up shots are very quick because it barely moves off target.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Another 100 rounds down the pipe...

Though once again clearly no torture test, by all indications, it will continue to operate 100% in perpetuity...as HK's are known for.

After putting a few more rounds down range, I'm starting to appreciate the superiority of the trigger.  I'm also noticing that muzzle rise / recoil seems less on the VP9 as compared to the G19.  

I'm sticking to my original conclusion that I'll keep my Glocks, but I'm coming to believe that the HK is superior...

Cost - Glock.  About $100 less depending on what you pay.

Reliability - Tie.  By all indications, the VP is rock solid reliable by my own experience and what I've read of others.

Accuracy - Tie.  I'm not good enough to tell.  I'd wager that the VP wins if I could prove it.

Ergos - HK.  Hands Down.

Trigger - HK.  Hands Down.

Takedown - Tie.

Aftermarket Support - Glock.

Size - Glock.  It's slightly smaller.

In sum, the HK is a sexier / better shooting pistol to me.  The Glock continues to be the workhorse.  

Why should a Glock owner get a VP9?  For the same reason a Colt 1911 owner wants a Wilson.  Mine is on order btw...

Poll added for shits and giggles.  I'm giving the edge to the VP9 based on my own side-by-side comparison.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Takedown - Tie.
View Quote

I gotta debate those ... all things being said, you paid MSRP for the gun. I just picked up one used from a guy who had it for ten minutes and paid $635 shipped. I predict once they hit the stores en masse they will be in the 600 range, very much in line with glock pricing.

Takedown I'd say the VP has an edge, just based on the safety features. I like the mag block and the fact that you don't need to pull the trigger to take it apart. Hopefully it'll solve some of the "I was just cleaning it" excuses...

Other than that I have no debate on your other points..

This thing can shoot.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I gotta debate those ... all things being said, you paid MSRP for the gun. I just picked up one used from a guy who had it for ten minutes and paid $635 shipped. I predict once they hit the stores en masse they will be in the 600 range, very much in line with glock pricing.

Takedown I'd say the VP has an edge, just based on the safety features. I like the mag block and the fact that you don't need to pull the trigger to take it apart. Hopefully it'll solve some of the "I was just cleaning it" excuses...

This thing can shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFH7DJAZTo4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Takedown - Tie.

This thing can shoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFH7DJAZTo4

Hey...I admitted that I voted for the HK didn't I?  

I'm working very hard to be objective here.  Perhaps I'm over compensating.  

I have so many years and rounds down range with Glocks...it's...hard...
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Though once again clearly no torture test, by all indications, it will continue to operate 100% in perpetuity...as HK's are known for.

After putting a few more rounds down range, I'm starting to appreciate the superiority of the trigger.  I'm also noticing that muzzle rise / recoil seems less on the VP9 as compared to the G19.  

I'm sticking to my original conclusion that I'll keep my Glocks, but I'm coming to believe that the HK is superior...

Reliability - Tie.  By all indications, the VP is rock solid reliable by my own experience and what I've read of others.

Accuracy - Tie.  I'm not good enough to tell.  I'd wager that the VP wins if I could prove it.

Ergos - HK.  Hands Down.

Takedown - Tie.

In sum, the HK is a sexier / better shooting pistol to me.  The Glock continues to be the workhorse.  

Why should a Glock owner get a VP9?  For the same reason a Colt 1911 owner wants a Wilson.  Mine is on order btw...

Poll added for shits and giggles.  I'm giving the edge to the VP9 based on my own side-by-side comparison.  

View Quote

You missed a big one - cost and availability of mags.

I don't know the answer, so it may be moot.  But as an owner of many Walther's, I know that German mags can sometimes be costly and rare.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't know the answer, so it may be moot.  But as an owner of many Walther's, I know that German mags can sometimes be costly and rare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ergos - HK.  Hands Down.

Takedown - Tie.

I would agree, but I bought all the spares I wanted at $25 each.  I was honestly surprised.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I would agree, but I bought all the spares I wanted at $25 each.  I was honestly surprised.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ergos - HK.  Hands Down.

Takedown - Tie.

If they are easily available at $25 each, then the delta is not that much different than Glock.  That is a great price for HK mags.

I can't wait to try this gun.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Glock 19 is still the best fighting pistol for concealment however if you are not looking to conceal, yes the VP9 is the best service 9mm on the market. HK hit a homerun
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure sure Those are my only two debate points.

It's not hard to want to love it. I am living proof........

I've shot quite a bit of glock for work (forced to carry one) and that trigger pull gives me fits. The HK trigger is much more shootable..
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Glock mags are definitely cheaper. I picked up most of my P30/VP9 mags for about 30$/ea. They sell retail for around 45$.

P30 mags are not rare at all. They are quite plentiful.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:27:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I can't believe over 50% of you are saying a new unproven design is better than a Glock 19.

I've handled a couple of the VP9's at work and the trigger is very nice. Not as nice as the PPQ trigger but very nice. But I don't have a problem with the Glock trigger and understand the difference between a defensive pistols trigger and a Colt Gold Cup target trigger. I'm waiting to see how reliable these pistols are before dropping my cash on one.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 8:23:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I can't believe over 50% of you are saying a new unproven design is better than a Glock 19.

I'm waiting to see how reliable these pistols are before dropping my cash on one.
View Quote

I think that brand reputation plays a role here.  I can't think of one dog that HK has ever put out.  You may not like a particular HK pistol, but it is pretty much a guarantee that it will be reliable.  It's not much of a leap of faith to expect the VP9 to be 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Glock 19 is a design that's proven its worth over many, many years, and has an entire industry of support and manufacture of third party accessories. That alone makes it better, at this point in time.

The VP9 has yet to prove itself over the long term.

It's as simple as that.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I am the furthest thing from a fanboy of Glock.  But in this case I'm going to agree with the last two posters.  I never like buying a first generation of anything because you just never know....  Just because HK has a good reputation doesn't mean there won't be problems.  

But then again...  I'm still on the bandwagon that if I felt drawn to get a Glock again, I'd almost want a used one.  Pre Gen 4.  Especially in 9mm.  So.....  

But if you had a proven G19 that works, it would be hard to say that any new design is better in comparison with a proven design and track record.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Buds has the vp9 in stock now for 650. Hmm do I order a vp9 or a m&p pro core with a red dot?
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Keep a eye on CDNN.  I't doesn't look like they are in stock right now, but I got mine from them two weeks ago for 615.00 shipped. Had it in three days.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:34:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am the furthest thing from a fanboy of Glock.  But in this case I'm going to agree with the last two posters.  I never like buying a first generation of anything because you just never know....  Just because HK has a good reputation doesn't mean there won't be problems.  

But then again...  I'm still on the bandwagon that if I felt drawn to get a Glock again, I'd almost want a used one.  Pre Gen 4.  Especially in 9mm.  So.....  

But if you had a proven G19 that works, it would be hard to say that any new design is better in comparison with a proven design and track record.
View Quote

HK has been working on the gun for 4 years. They generally don't beta test on customers but yea who knows.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Glock 19 is a design that's proven its worth over many, many years, and has an entire industry of support and manufacture of third party accessories. That alone makes it better, at this point in time.

It's as simple as that.
View Quote

This X 100000
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's as simple as that.
View Quote

Gen4 Glocks, anyone?  I honestly don't see how any pistol will every quite match the track record of 9mm Glocks simply because they've been around longer.  Even designs like USPs and M&Ps have proven phenomenal, but they simply haven't been around as long.  Trusting a weapon is up to the user.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#29]
I voted G19 mainly because it would be a bit easier to carry and has more aftermarket support.  It does have a longer track record as well, however, I'm biased because my G19 has a grip-reduction, undercut, and all sorts of stuff to get it to where it is now.  

While I'm willing to give HK the benefit of the doubt on reliability and that it will last, the Glock 19 is definitely more concealable.  The HK is about 10% heavier, 1/2 inch taller, 1/5 inch wider (it felt more bulky--but I think the "medium" back and sides were on it; I can't wait to try one with the small stuff for my "girl" hands).  I'd bet the Glock has fewer parts, but I'm not sure--I'm just a believer in fewer parts being better in general, ALL OTHER things being equal.    

Also, regarding the comment that "they will be in the 600 range, very much in line with glock pricing."
I see Glocks all the time for $499 new--even our LGS has them at $549, but will come down to $509 if asked...maybe lower if you wanted to haggle.  So I definitely think the HKs will always be around $100 more than a G19.

If it were the same size and weight as the Glock, with a smaller possible grip, I'd have voted for the VP9.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 3:13:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I voted G19 mainly because it would be a bit easier to carry and has more aftermarket support.  It does have a longer track record as well, however, I'm biased because my G19 has a grip-reduction, undercut, and all sorts of stuff to get it to where it is now.  

While I'm willing to give HK the benefit of the doubt on reliability and that it will last, the Glock 19 is definitely more concealable.  The HK is about 10% heavier, 1/2 inch taller, 1/5 inch wider (it felt more bulky--but I think the "medium" back and sides were on it; I can't wait to try one with the small stuff for my "girl" hands).  I'd bet the Glock has fewer parts, but I'm not sure--I'm just a believer in fewer parts being better in general, ALL OTHER things being equal.    

Also, regarding the comment that "they will be in the 600 range, very much in line with glock pricing."
I see Glocks all the time for $499 new--even our LGS has them at $549, but will come down to $509 if asked...maybe lower if you wanted to haggle.  So I definitely think the HKs will always be around $100 more than a G19.

If it were the same size and weight as the Glock, with a smaller possible grip, I'd have voted for the VP9.
View Quote

I can't disagree with that.  I'll continue to CC a G19.  For me personally, it's already as about as big as I want to go for IWB carry.

Now, if Texas ever goes open carry and I can carry OWB (shirt covered) without fear of showing...I'd have to reconsider the VP for carry.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 6:40:18 AM EDT
[#31]
The majority of guns in my stable are Glocks but Glock has managed to "unprove" their design with the recent erratic ejection/reliability issues.  I experienced this with a Glock 19 purchased in 2012.  A Glock 26 purchased around the same time has been flawless.

All reports on the VP9 so far indicate the gun performs extremely well.  Add a better trigger and better stock sights and I'd give the nod to the VP9.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Gen4 Glocks, anyone?  I honestly don't see how any pistol will every quite match the track record of 9mm Glocks simply because they've been around longer.  Even designs like USPs and M&Ps have proven phenomenal, but they simply haven't been around as long.  Trusting a weapon is up to the user.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
The majority of guns in my stable are Glocks but Glock has managed to "unprove" their design with the recent erratic ejection/reliability issues.  I experienced this with a Glock 19 purchased in 2012.  A Glock 26 purchased around the same time has been flawless.

My initial post applies to Gen 2 and 3.  A malfunctioning Gen 4 does not make Gen 2 or 3 any less proven, it just makes Gen 4 unproven.

The Gen 4 9mm models had a flawed design because they were designed around the 40S&W model, then insufficiently downgraded. I will never get rid of my Gen 2 and 3 Glock 19s, and I will likely never buy a 9mm Gen 4 even though the issue has been largely resolved.

I will buy a USPc in 9mm before I buy a VP9. One is proven, the other isn't. Maybe in a year or two I'll look back at the VP9.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Got one last weekend, fabulous, glock is now gone
View Quote

You'll be back. They always come back, mostly.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:32:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Glock 19 is still the best fighting pistol for concealment however if you are not looking to conceal, yes the VP9 is the best service 9mm on the market. HK hit a homerun
View Quote

I agree with the first part of your statement but saying the VP9 is the best service pistol on the market is a far stretch. It hasn't been out long enough to wear that title.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

HK has been working on the gun for 4 years. They generally don't beta test on customers but yea who knows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this price point they do.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

All reports on the VP9 so far indicate the gun performs extremely well.  Add a better trigger and better stock sights and I'd give the nod to the VP9.
View Quote

That's the reason I abandoned HK pistols shitty triggers with no aftermarket solution. HK pistols have great ergo's and reliability but those triggers are a no go for me. VP 9 is still new so let's see how they hold up before we start comparing it to the king of all polymers the G19.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I agree with the first part of your statement but saying the VP9 is the best service pistol on the market is a far stretch. It hasn't been out long enough to wear that title.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an HK... they have proven themselves as the most reliable handguns on the market and the most consistent manufacture. It's also a striker fire pistol, nothing new internally. You can wait all you want but you aren't going to see major problems. And let's not forget Glock is still having issues with their Gen 4s and it's what, half a decade since they've hit the market?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#38]
My G19 has several thousands of rounds through it without a single failure ever. The market is ripe with parts and accessories for it at a low cost. It hits what I aim it at . All this and costs me 395 out the door. I think I'll keep it

I just looked up a pic of the HK VP9.

That's awful guys !!! it looks like Taurus and Cannik had a child and gave birth to the HK VP9
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's an HK... they have proven themselves as the most reliable handguns on the market and the most consistent manufacture. It's also a striker fire pistol, nothing new internally. You can wait all you want but you aren't going to see major problems. And let's not forget Glock is still having issues with their Gen 4s and it's what, half a decade since they've hit the market?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you prove that or is this just opinion ?
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:18:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was probably an opinion, but I think that many would agree, at least through anecdotal evidence, it's likely correct.  Their reputation for reliability seems to be pretty phenominal.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#41]
There are plenty of high round count torture tests out there.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's the reason I abandoned HK pistols shitty triggers with no aftermarket solution. HK pistols have great ergo's and reliability but those triggers are a no go for me. VP 9 is still new so let's see how they hold up before we start comparing it to the king of all polymers the G19.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're crazed. I'm a 1911 guy, and extremely sensitive to shitty triggers. HKs have the best triggers on polymer frame pistols, period.
Unless it bothers you that it doesn't feel like a stapler.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That was probably an opinion, but I think that many would agree, at least through anecdotal evidence, it's likely correct.  Their reputation for reliability seems to be pretty phenominal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock or HK
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Glock or HK
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock or HK

HK

Both Glock and HK make extremely reliable guns. But issue 50 Glocks to one department and 50 HKs to another and I guarantee you the HKs are going to have less problems. You just don't see many - if at any - HK pistols with reliability concerns. Granted, the company doesn't produce the masses that Glock does

http://pistol-training.com/archives/category/range-reports/p30-thursday

http://pistol-training.com/archives/category/range-reports/gen4-friday
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

HK

Both Glock and HK make extremely reliable guns. But issue 50 Glocks to one department and 50 HKs to another and I guarantee you the HKs are going to have less problems. You just don't see many - if at any - HK pistols with reliability concerns. Granted, the company doesn't produce the masses that Glock does

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock or HK

HK

^This! 10+
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

HK

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock or HK

HK

So it's safe to say the more of a product you manufacture- the higher the fall out rate you might see with that product ?. So in reality the numbers from one group could be higher based on production numbers but the % of product failures could be the approximately the same between the 2 products if not less with the higher number of manufactured product. And I like your guarantee- do you offer a money back refund with your guarantee ?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks to this thread, I still cant make up my mind. Have a gen 4 19 and have someone offering up the VP9...been very interested in it....but, just cant decide!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:13:51 AM EDT
[#48]
I have been shooting for 40 years and Gunsmithing for 25 years. I will say that the VP9 is the "Best" semi auto handgun on the market at this time. It takes a lot for me to give a recommendation this high.
And yes I currently own 6 Glocks and two are G19's. One of the G19's is a ZEV.
I would go so far as to compare the VP9 against my ZEV G19. You can buy two VP9's for the price of the ZEV.
I think H&K really did their homework on this gun and then went back and said " This could be a bit better here, Let's rework this."
I don't know how they can sell this gun for such a low price. They didn't cut any corners and it well worth the $1000 plus they get for some of their other models.
Take the gun home. Degrease it. ( There is some packing grease under the slide). Relube with your favorite CLP. Take 10 mins to configure the grip to your liking . Then get some quality ammo and off to the range.
This gun has only two flaws. No mag loader, so my thumb gets tired. And not enough ammo. I shoot everything I bring with me and then go looking for more.
Yes people it's that good
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:29:09 AM EDT
[#49]
The HK vp9 is my new favorite 9mm! Trigger is excellent and it's a really soft shooter, very easy to make follow up shots.
I can't believe I paid $599 for it
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:54:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I've shot quite a bit of glock for work (forced to carry one) and that trigger pull gives me fits. The HK trigger is much more shootable..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just voted, no preference.  I haven't held or shot the VP 9, and it hasn't been out long.  But it sounds like you're already convinced the Glock 19 is the better carry pistol.  It seems like you can get over Glock triggers.  At first, I thought they are good guns but the triggers aren't.  Not really bad or good, nothing to write home about.  As mushy as they are, mine are pretty smooth and the take up is predictable.  I'll generally shoot my Glocks better than my 1911, and a few times better than my PPQs - although I usually shoot the PPQs better.  For carry, I still carry Glocks.  They win in the conceal-ability department.

Which brings up an interesting observation, not knocking anything - the Kool Aid seems strong with HK.  All the reviews give the nod to the PPQ for the trigger, and they are physically extremely similar.  PPQ is also a very reliable pistol and has been on the market longer.  I've already purchased PPQ's before the VP9 came out, but comparing them still think they are the better choice.  What's with all the buzz with the VP9?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top