Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2014 9:29:19 AM EDT
How well are they holding up to general use, carry use, etc? Any problems with the cerakote thickness or friction causing malfunctions? As always, pics are encouraged.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Holding up fine so far.  Only a few hundred round through it after being coated.  The corner of one of the magazine base plates is the only showing thing wear so far.  I just got a kydex holster so we'll see what that does to it.  It's a range toy so no daily carry. David

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I will try to post some pics later but the factory cerakote on my Sig Scorpion 1911 is showing bare metal on the edges after several months of daily carry and use. I have about 750 rounds through it so far
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested myself in seeing what one looks like after a few years of daily carry and weekend practice.  Toss in a few 1500 round, weekend classes too.  If you discount my unusually corrosive sweat, and the fact that I wear my gun all day, even when working at home, I'm not unusually hard on carry guns.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a Cerakoted Canik55 Stingray-C ( CZ P-02 clone ) and currently own a coated AR15 upper and lower I'm building.

The coating will chip if it's banged on something hard.  The Stingray had chips around the ejection port as soon as it was fired.

You better have a second anodized coating underneath the Cerakote.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Well the reason I asked is I am interested in the Lipsey's all FDE Glock. I think it looks good... but run my guns pretty well.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#7]
The muzzle end of my G17 started to show a little bit holster wear the first time out with it.  Seems like it wore to a certain point then stopped, though, because it hasn't really gotten any worse.

Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The muzzle end of my G17 started to show a little bit holster wear the first time out with it.  Seems like it wore to a certain point then stopped, though, because it hasn't really gotten any worse.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/thejeanyus/Gun%20Pictures/IMG_0355_zps8315ae8d.jpg
View Quote

Sweet g17. What's that color called?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/thejeanyus/Gun%20Pictures/IMG_0355_zps8315ae8d.jpg

Thanks.  The cerakote is burnt bronze done by L&M Precision
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok now that is pretty badass. I want that but in a G19 package.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top