Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2014 1:44:43 PM EDT

is their a blue print any where showing how and where to mill the slide for an rmr ? I would like the rear sight to stay in place ( not moved forward ) if at all possible
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you going to do the work yourself?  Just send it to ATEi and let them do it
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I havent seen anything really detailing the install on line, the best I saw was a few suggestions on what to watch out for.  But that was 2 years ago.

My gunsmith and I just eyeballed it.  Starting at the front of the rear sight dovetail we allowed what we felt was enough metal for the front of the dovetail then went for it.  

Depth was estimated as well, we did some measuring for the depth needed to get a lower 3rd co-witness, with the option to go deeper as needed.  I was satisfied with the first pass.

We drilled and tapped for the base screws, and cut down the right screw as needed to keep it from going into the extractor tunnel.  Tightened it down with blue loctite.

On the first battery change I added some electrical tape between the sight and body as suggested by some to insulate the sight and battery from slide heat.  Not really a necessity as I used it for a year without tape but it couldnt hurt so I did it anyway.

Just yesterday I got around to installing the RM64 stainless steel sealing plate between the sight and slide.  I recommend you get this on from the git go, as the slide of the Glock is narrower than the sight so part of the sight's gasket has no place to seal against.  Not a vital necessity as I had the sight on for two years of IWB sweat and ocasional rain with no problem, but stuff was definitely finding its way between slide and sight as I could see oil and surface rust on the slide whenever I would remove the sight for battery changes.  So I cleaned the area, painted it, and added the sealing plate.  Many others run it harder without the plate and are fine though.

Oh, we didnt put recoil lugs, which made milling easy.  Since it was buried onto the slide my 'smith went for a tight fit front to rear so that it takes a bit of wiggling to get the sight in place.  No problems with sight loosening or wandering zero so far.

One unintended side effect is the sight is now also a brass deflector as my Glock is one of those face ejectors.   I'm lucky we got the sight low enough that brass hits the hood and not the glass.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I would like the rear sight to stay in place ( not moved forward ) if at all possible
View Quote

L&M will install it this way.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would like the rear sight to stay in place ( not moved forward ) if at all possible

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/thejeanyus/IMG_0355_zps8315ae8d.jpg

ya that's exactly what I wanna do, to bad their is no print, and yes I want to do this work my self, why pay some one when I use the machine every freaking day ?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:05:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

ya that's exactly what I wanna do, to bad their is no print, and yes I want to do this work my self, why pay some one when I use the machine every freaking day ?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/thejeanyus/IMG_0355_zps8315ae8d.jpg

There is a video on youtube of a guy who does it himself. He talks about it as he goes.  Apparently there is a small varation in the differant RMR's too.  So there is not a "one size fits all" program.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top