Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 6:04:08 PM EDT
Are these pistols any good? Accurate,reliable, trigger?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Youtube say s good.  I have no experience but have considered getting one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Got one last month, so far only 400 rounds fired all my reloads. Very reliable and seemed accurate enough for what it is. Did not like the plastic sights so replaced them with Dawson Precision plan black charger rear sight and fiber optic found. Have not fired it with the new sights yet. Bit nice that Walther sights will fit. The two mags supplied with the gun are good quality Mec-Gar and hold 18 rounds. Walther mags will not fit.
The trigger, well let's just say it  surprised me. In that the double action was smoother and lighter then I thought and the single action was heavier then I thought it would be. But it does seem to be braking in. All in all, happy with it, good shooter so far.
Canik TP-9 with DP sights.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got one last month, so far only 400 rounds fired all my reloads. Very reliable and seemed accurate enough for what it is. Did not like the plastic sights so replaced them with Dawson Precision plan black charger rear sight and fiber optic found. Have not fired it with the new sights yet. Bit nice that Walther sights will fit. The two mags supplied with the gun are good quality Mec-Gar and hold 18 rounds. Walther mags will not fit.
The trigger, well let's just say it  surprised me. In that the double action was smoother and lighter then I thought and the single action was heavier then I thought it would be. But it does seem to be braking in. All in all, happy with it, good shooter so far.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z207/2814V/503C4F8C-DD3E-414E-BCB9-B5DE990BEC26_zpsqojnvo6m.jpg
View Quote

Looks nice.

Is the frame cerakoted or molded in tan?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:40:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a couple of them and am very happy with them...

Walther P99 night sights will fit...

There is a thread on the TP-9 in the 'other' section below...

Forrest

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have run 2,000 to 3,000 rounds through mine.  I love it.  No malfunctions but I did not like the sights.  I replaced the front sight with a glock fiber optic but the I still don't like the rear.  Right now Dawson is out of stock but once it is available I will be getting a front and rear set.  The trigger is surprisingly nice both in double and single action.  Both are consistent and smooth.  I am not as accurate as with it as I am with my glocks but I have been shooting them for decades.  I found extra mags at sportsmans guide for under 30$.  Holsters for my glock 30 fit perfectly so it I had no need to buy any new ones but I have not ccw it yet.  Overall I think this is great deal and i have found no flaws with this weapon.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Price?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#7]
right around $300.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Looks nice.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z207/2814V/503C4F8C-DD3E-414E-BCB9-B5DE990BEC26_zpsqojnvo6m.jpg

Looks nice.

The frame is a tan polymer, slide is Cerakoted. I paid right around  $330 for mine, comes with case, two mags, holster with belt slide and paddle attachment, mag loader, large and small back strap,sight tools and cleaning brush.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Price?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

$320 from Aim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top