Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have zero issues paying $500 for a Glock or, preferably, an M&P.  When I can get the same reliability, speed, accuracy, and capacity out of those two as I can from a pistol costing twice as much, and they are simpler and lighter, it seems like the decision made itself.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Priced depends on area & model demand. Where I live used Glocks are $400+ new Glocks are $500-$575. It just doesn't pay to buy a used Glock in my area. The models that hard to get find are the 9mm's & the .45's.
GSSF....USED to be a good deal. Not any longer. I'm so sick of people throwing this out there like it's some chunk of Gold.  It just doesn't pay any longer since Glock changed the rules on it.

I do think if Glock stopped making 2 different gens & actually streamlined the models & parts processes they could be at $400 MSRP new.
And quality control would get back to what it was & should be. New Glocks SUCK in this department the last few years.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#3]
www.gunbroker.com
Glocks are dime a dozen no point in buying brand new when you can buy it used.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
www.gunbroker.com

View Quote

I love when the guy says "I shot the shit out of it, I bet I put 100 rounds through it". You get a LNIB Glock for a nice discount.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#5]
i only buy glocks because they are affordable and they are badass.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I love when the guy says "I shot the shit out of it, I bet I put 100 rounds through it". You get a LNIB Glock for a nice discount.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
www.gunbroker.com

It's a Glock it can take it. I like one with some scuffs on it. That when when I add more scuffs I don't feel bad.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#7]
No point in buying used (except police turn in) when a new one gan be had for $499.
That being said, I got a police turn in G22 with 3 mags and night sights for $410. I was happy saving the $170ish over retail gen 3
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Has nobody even checked summit gun broker?  Used Gen 3 police trade in G17 and G19 for $399 and $415 plus like $20 shipping.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He doesnt know about GSSF

This

Maybe he wants to buy one THIS year.

GSSF requires you to be a member for 12 months before buying a discounted pistol.

By the time you throw 2 years of GSSF membership ($50), shipping, and transfer into the purchase price, you're REALLY close to what I can get them for locally. If shipping is "only": $20 and the transfer is "only" $25, you're looking at ~$495.

Unless you're going to buy one per year (and you're limited to one per year), you aren't seeing THAT much savings.

You can go multi-year and buy one immediately, but that's another $10 and maybe slightly MORE than I can buy them for retail on a somewhat regular basis.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I too have seen them for 600+, that is the same as seeing the 900 ARs for 1200.  The market in some areas are still rough, so people are still gauging. It is important for us to refuse to pay anything over MSRP so all prices can continue to drop. I do not buy if it is not under MSRP, but that is just me. You can always do your homework and find a an ok deal.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has nobody even checked summit gun broker?  Used Gen 3 police trade in G17 and G19 for $399 and $415 plus like $20 shipping.
View Quote

CDNN police turn in G22 with night sights and 1 mag for $379.
Sounds like it's on par with those 9mm prices

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I paid $275 for a gen 2 g27 last year. Tried it for a while. It sucked like all glocks. So I sold it for $375.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

$350 to $400 max retail.

Props to Glock for their business model.  They made a reliable (mostly) inexpensive to produce pistol, and sell it for a near premium price.

It's a good thing bacon is not priced in this manner  .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
just how much do you think they should cost retail?

$350 to $400 max retail.

Props to Glock for their business model.  They made a reliable (mostly) inexpensive to produce pistol, and sell it for a near premium price.

It's a good thing bacon is not priced in this manner  .

Umm.  It is.  If people would pay more, the producers or resellers would charge more.  The price of bacon, and Glocks, is determined by the consumer.  Not a business model.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I paid $275 for a gen 2 g27 last year. Tried it for a while. It sucked like all glock .40s. So I sold it for $375.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#15]
New Gen 3s and 4s in 9mm and .40 are going for $499 and $549, respectively.  Glock 42s, on the other hand, are selling for $600+.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
New Gen 3s and 4s in 9mm and .40 are going for $499 and $549, respectively.  Glock 42s, on the other hand, are selling for $600+.
View Quote

The 42s are coming in stock, 8 to 15 at a time, at three stores around here.  Two of them are selling them for $399.  The other also sells them $399, and they have LE models for $369.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:37:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you thinking of the G41 in 45 ACP? The G42 are in every store around here and I've never seen one for over $449. Most are asking $439 and have plenty in stock.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Priced high?  Glock prices have held to within $50 since I started buying them 10 years ago.

What's inflation done?  They're getting CHEAPER.
View Quote

This.

I bought a Beretta in the late 80s for around $600.  That gun is less than that almost 20 yrs later.  Similar situation w Glocks - correcting for inflation theyre still a good deal.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Are you thinking of the G41 in 45 ACP? The G42 are in every store around here and I've never seen one for over $449. Most are asking $439 and have plenty in stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope...Glock 42.  I just attended the Suncoast gun show in Ft. Myers, FL, last week and there were only three vendors with a Glock 42.  Still very hard to find around here.  I'm sure it will get better, though.  When it does, I will own one.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#20]
The local gun shop here has G21 Gen 4's tagged at $670. I waked out laughing and found a G30s elsewhere for a much more reasonable price. I still need a G21 but Im going to have to order one and pay the transfer fee. Its ridiculous...
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I will, and have taken a glock over a sig any day, any time.

They just run. Period.  Stop.

And I don't even particularly like the hand grip angle.  Prefer the Beretta and Sig for that.

But none of them run after 1000 rds of abuse like a glock.

When it absolutely has to fucking go bang, go Glock.

TXL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People pay the price, so thats why the price is high. IMO a Glock should cost no more than $350.

I will, and have taken a glock over a sig any day, any time.

They just run. Period.  Stop.

And I don't even particularly like the hand grip angle.  Prefer the Beretta and Sig for that.

But none of them run after 1000 rds of abuse like a glock.

When it absolutely has to fucking go bang, go Glock.

TXL

I will agree with part of this. My 92fs, 1911, and 2022 have all run 1000's of rounds with no problems. But the glock does it cheaper than two of them, and the damn things do just work. If the Sig keeps running I will be very impressed, $450 with night sights and two mags brand new. But I don't have to "see" with a glock, I already know what I am going to get.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top