Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/17/2014 12:49:17 PM EDT
Why, I was looking for a striker fired pistol and all the glocks are priced high. Do people actually think they are that good?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
People pay the price, so thats why the price is high. IMO a Glock should cost no more than $350.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
priced high in comparison to what?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
He doesnt know about GSSF
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#4]
there is one on the EE for 1100.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

link or GTFO
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
That's strange. I think Glocks are the biggest bargain on the market. They're affordable.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#7]
My G19 with an RMR zev trigger and threaded barrel is worth a bit, but that isn't a representation of all Glocks.  I would say Glock is affordable.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Glocks aren't expensive.
Unless it's made of gold, that seller is an idi.....    well you know what that seller is.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Used ones sell all day long around here for $450-$500. And if you buy a Gssf membership (which allows you tho shoot the match) you get a coupon for one for $425-$450. Blue Label (LEO only) glocks are $425-$450. And then there are always police trade ins which can be down into the $350 range. So you allowing yourself to get boned on price is like going to Guido's Used Cars and wondering why the prices are so high.

And it was said before, even MSRP glock at $525 is not a bad deal for a solid reliable no frills gun. I men where are you seeing a better deal really? M&P? XD? Or are you veering off into the realm of the unproven in the quest to save $50?

Sure I hate that Glock is so popular and that the other pistols out there don't always keep up. But hell....if you can't beat em
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

link or GTFO
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

link or GTFO

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_88/1286035_Glock_17_Gen_4_complete_carry_plain_clothes_duty_system.html

Also I dont mind having a glock I am just worried about it exploding in my hand. I like the 17 and 19.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_88/1286035_Glock_17_Gen_4_complete_carry_plain_clothes_duty_system.html

Also I dont mind having a glock I am just worried about it exploding in my hand. I like the 17 and 19.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

link or GTFO

well he's an idiot and your post was misleading.
Current price is $625 for threaded barrel and 3 mags and night sights.
Let's play this out - used gen 4 g17 = maybe $450. $500 with night sights. $20 per mag is $540. Threaded barrel gets it to $625 fairly easily.
I wouldn't buy but it's not terribly out of line
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I see new G3 Gen 19 for $500 all the time

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

link or GTFO

You do know you have posted in the Tech forum and not GD.  That is not a GLOCK listed for $1100.  RIF.  Accessories cost money.  Don't like the price, don't buy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Summit Gun Broker, bro.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Used ones sell all day long around here for $450-$500. And if you buy a Gssf membership (which allows you tho shoot the match) you get a coupon for one for $425-$450. Blue Label (LEO only) glocks are $425-$450. And then there are always police trade ins which can be down into the $350 range. So you allowing yourself to get boned on price is like going to Guido's Used Cars and wondering why the prices are so high.

And it was said before, even MSRP glock at $525 is not a bad deal for a solid reliable no frills gun. I men where are you seeing a better deal really? M&P? XD? Or are you veering off into the realm of the unproven in the quest to save $50?

Sure I hate that Glock is so popular and that the other pistols out there don't always keep up. But hell....if you can't beat em
View Quote

$299, six months ago. (Because they were "rough")

I can regularly find new Glocks for $499-525, but I sometimes have to travel and/or look to find them. I agree that most places overprice them, but someone must be paying those prices, so...

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#16]
How much should they cost OP?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#17]
IMO glocks are very reasonably priced
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
IMO glocks are very reasonably priced
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He doesnt know about GSSF
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#20]
They're worth whatever the buyer pays.

New Gen4 pistols where I'm at are $549 and Gen3s are $499. That is with standard sights. Night sights can easily add $100 to the price tag. A threaded barrel, depending on the manufacturer, can range anywhere from $150-$250. If certain components are hard to come by, that may make the package that much more desirable. FTF sales help save on the cost of shipping and transfer fees or sales tax.

Used Glocks locally are still priced at $450-$500, sometimes more depending on accessories. There is one idiot on TexasGunTrader asking $650 firm for his Gen4 G19 because it has Tru-Glos despite the fact that it has been fired. His price is FIRM. He has three different ads on the first page for the same Glock as if none of us have noticed. I predict he's going to end up hanging onto it.

I paid $460 out the door for a Gen4 G19 that was a sample gun so unfired but handled and racked some. I thought it was a decent deal for an essentially new pistol. Night sights cost me another $100, but that was installed too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I know this is the tech forum and not GD and all, but the OP sounds like a moron.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Glock's just seem to hold their value better than some other brands. Used Glock's are at near new prices which says a lot for their demand. When for less than $600 you can buy a reliable firearm that will outlast most shooters, that's not bad. JMHO
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Priced high?  Glock prices have held to within $50 since I started buying them 10 years ago.

What's inflation done?  They're getting CHEAPER.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Priced high?  Glock prices have held to within $50 since I started buying them 10 years ago.

What's inflation done?  They're getting CHEAPER.
View Quote

This.  Glock is one of the most affordable pistols made.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry I'm late to the party!  Look OP, here is the best way to put this:  There is a reason, that Glock is used by probably at least 1/3 of this world's LE's.  There is a reason, that the Mil. uses some.  There is a reason, that it is at least in contention for one of the #1 selling private pistols in the country.  There is a reason that a lot of HSLD guys use them.  That reason????  They fucking work, first off!  Secondly, you get a LOT of pistol for the money, that is very easily serviced, and has a useful life, longer than you can buy ammo attempting to tear it up.  For $500 all day long.  Get my drift?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Way too high!  Especially the older gen3 rtf models.  Go buy an XD.  They are cheaper and come with a super nice holster and mag pouches.  You are good to go then!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:55:05 AM EDT
[#27]
They're priced just right, and the market proves that daily.  I personally believe that they are the best bang for your buck out there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:13:02 AM EDT
[#28]
I paid $400.00 for a blue label gen 4 G19 through GSSF lays week.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:32:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Compared to their production costs they are too high priced.

Also, please stop using LEO sales as an indicator, everyone knows that Glock's agency pricing has nothing to do with what mere civilians have to pay.
Glock gained such a large share of LEO sales simply by giving the damn things away.

And don't think I'm dissing the pistol itself.  It's by far the best $250~$300 gun ever made, but it's way over priced for what it is.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 3:45:35 AM EDT
[#30]
I just bought a NIB G26 3rd gen for $460- at a gunshow $$492 out the door.

That's a fair price for a great pistol.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:30:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Also, please stop using LEO sales as an indicator, everyone knows that Glock's agency pricing has nothing to do with what mere civilians have to pay.
Glock gained such a large share of LEO sales simply by giving the damn things away.

And don't think I'm dissing the pistol itself.  It's by far the best $250~$300 gun ever made, but it's way over priced for what it is.
View Quote

Wouldn't logic that include HK pistols?  

Or all handguns for that matter?

What Is the max ratio of much labor and materials to market price that you find fair?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:31:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I just bought a NIB G26 3rd gen for $460- at a gunshow $$492 out the door.

That's a fair price for a great pistol.
View Quote

The last gen 3 G26 I bought was  $475 retail new in box.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:42:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah fuck profits!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 5:16:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
People pay the price, so thats why the price is high. IMO a Glock should cost no more than $350.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:17:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah fuck profits!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah fuck profits!

zing!
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:41:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

zing!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah fuck profits!

zing!

once more, for effect
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Way too high!  Especially the older gen3 rtf models.  Go buy an XD.  They are cheaper and come with a super nice holster and mag pouches.  You are good to go then!
View Quote

They come with a $5 holster and mag pouch, if you think that's really nice.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I will, and have taken a glock over a sig any day, any time.

They just run. Period.  Stop.

And I don't even particularly like the hand grip angle.  Prefer the Beretta and Sig for that.

But none of them run after 1000 rds of abuse like a glock.

When it absolutely has to fucking go bang, go Glock.

TXL
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Economics what?

TXL
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

just how much do you think they should cost retail?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:59:02 AM EDT
[#41]
$398 for me, unless I want factory night sights.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And I don't even particularly like the hand grip angle.  Prefer the Beretta and Sig for that.

TXL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TXL

I witnessed a Gen 3 G27 choke on Gold Dots, FTF/FTE, at least 3-4 times per mag. My SIG has never had an issue besides my thumb riding the slide release through 2000 rounds.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I witnessed a Gen 3 G27 choke on Gold Dots, FTF/FTE, at least 3-4 times per mag. My SIG has never had an issue besides my thumb riding the slide release through 2000 rounds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TXL

I don't shoot enough. I've never seen a Glock or a Sig choke
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TXL

That settles it .  Overpriced junk.    End of discussion.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TXL

My SIG choked on everything I shot through it basically. I'd have at least 2 FTE on each mag no matter the ammo.

See what I did there?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:30:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

$350 to $400 max retail.

Props to Glock for their business model.  They made a reliable (mostly) inexpensive to produce pistol, and sell it for a near premium price.

It's a good thing bacon is not priced in this manner.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

$350 to $400 max retail.

Props to Glock for their business model.  They made a reliable (mostly) inexpensive to produce pistol, and sell it for a near premium price.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$350 to $400 max retail.

oh lawd. just how much do you feel m&p's and xd's should sell for then?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is true for all plastic pistols.  I bet it costs Glock  about $75 a unit to produce, fully burdened.    But as others have said, the price is what the market will bear.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

$299, six months ago. (Because they were "rough")

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/tep0583/20131105_212257_zps8b313aee.jpg

I can regularly find new Glocks for $499-525, but I sometimes have to travel and/or look to find them. I agree that most places overprice them, but someone must be paying those prices, so...

View Quote

I got one of those too, from the same place as you I'm assuming.  Shoulda bought 5
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Gun prices are very regional.

Some people attempt to sell guns for prices they will never get.

Glocks are around $500 here all the time. Some shops try to sell them for $600+ and some idiots buy them. So they continue to sell them for that price.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top