Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Strange, I don't have large hands and it's very few guns that I have to break grip to use the button mag release and I've never used an extended button on any gun.  The guns that are large enough to require me to break grip only require a minor shift and the gun is still able to shoot accurately.  The "paddle" release requires taking your trigger finger out of the game to manipulate the release unless you can do the middle finger which is also a PITA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In my experience, everyone who has tried the HK style mag release likes it better once they get used to it.

This.

I have one HK and three Walthers with the paddle style mag release and I will never buy anything else now.  No shifting the grip to drop the mag, having to install larger/longer "tacticool" mag buttons, etc...

The system works, and works better than the button.

Strange, I don't have large hands and it's very few guns that I have to break grip to use the button mag release and I've never used an extended button on any gun.  The guns that are large enough to require me to break grip only require a minor shift and the gun is still able to shoot accurately.  The "paddle" release requires taking your trigger finger out of the game to manipulate the release unless you can do the middle finger which is also a PITA.

I don't see this as a problem.  Your trigger finger should be off of the trigger during a reload anyways.  I'm pretty sure that by the time you slap a new mag home and retake your offhand grip, your trigger finger can move the 1/2" back to the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Should not be too difficult.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have they been imported yet?

Nope, nobody's carrying them.

As interested in this pistol as I am, it just fell back in line behind the VP9.

How could it possibly be ahead of a sub-$600 striker fired HK?
I'll likely pick one up, but having it priced higher than an HK? Really?

Track record with gun companies matters and between the two, its absolutely no contest.

Still a very interesting gun....but it just became less interesting for the moment.

While the USP series was lackluster compared to other offerings (never tried the P2000, P30, or HK45), the VP9 seems to have received unanimously positive reviews. Everybody seems to say it's a VERY good pistol with a very good trigger.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Vp9 599$ at cdnn
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#4]
So what is the current ETA on this thing?

This is really started to shape-up as the Bren 10 scenario... Well there are a few of those as collectors items out there.

Due to the current political climate I just can not foresee those things getting imported anytime soon. (I really hope I am wrong about this... I wanted a Bren 10 also but I didn't get that either)

Any info on other distributors, retail outlets or even importers out there?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

This is really started to shape-up as the Bren 10 scenario... Well there are a few of those as collectors items out there.

Due to the current political climate I just can not foresee those things getting imported anytime soon. (I really hope I am wrong about this... I wanted a Bren 10 also but I didn't get that either)

View Quote

I thought some company was trying to bring back the Bren 10 a few years ago, haven't heard anything since.

I read about it on AR15, there was a thread about it.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I thought some company was trying to bring back the Bren 10 a few years ago, haven't heard anything since.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vltor
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Vltor
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vltor

Are they still working on it or did they stop?

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#8]
The Bren Ten is vaporware.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

It will be at Tony's Custom Creations at the end of September according to Blake, the gentleman that runs the shop.  The importer (can't remember the name of them off the top of my head, but it's in this thread) already have their Strike Ones in Oklahoma...they are coming.

Truth be told since I chimed in...I dropped out of my position of buying one...

Not because of the naysayers, price or anything negative, but some contemplation and a few life changing catalysts have made my decision.

I may be leaving the country for a good, long while (possibly).  I also own two Gen 2 9mm Glocks (17 & 19) and thoughy long and hard if having a third 9mm was "necessary."  The last thing that really made me change my mind, is that I have a recent LUSTING for an HK 45c. I went ahead and bought one last weekend, I can have it right now, and I can shoot it before I leave overseas next week.  I will not be in the country when the Strike One arrives and am not sure if I will be back for quite some time once I do leave.

I'm sure I will eventually get a Strike One, but for now I will wait it out and see what happens with the first run of imports.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#10]
So there are Strike Ones actually at the shop now? If that's the case I'm going to the shop and see if I can fondle one since I live in OKC.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

So there are Strike Ones actually at the shop now? If that's the case I'm going to the shop and see if I can fondle one since I live in OKC.
View Quote

From what I understood they are not at the shop, but at IFC (International Firearms Corp), the importer.

The official first batch went to all their guys...

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

From what I understood they are not at the shop, but at IFC (International Firearms Corp), the importer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tony owns IFC.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Track record with gun companies matters and between the two, its absolutely no contest.

Still a very interesting gun....but it just became less interesting for the moment.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL @ your butthurt.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
LOL @ your butthurt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL @ your butthurt.

LOL, "butthurt"?

Call it a hunch but the rolling eyes icon had nothing to do with CL45 being "butthurt" about anything.

More dismissive of a fairly stupid statement on your part....mmmmk?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

LOL, "butthurt"?

Call it a hunch but the rolling eyes icon had nothing to do with CL45 being "butthurt" about anything.

View Quote

Yeah riiiiiiiiiight.  I see some emotional investment showing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:23:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, "butthurt"?

Nothin emotional, just calling out your statement above as the tripe that it was, really not much more to it than that.

And in light of the fact that you can't back up your statement....at all, I'd say if anyone's response is emotional, it's yours. That happens as a replacement for actual content around here. Make some dumb drive-by statement, don't back it up...at all, and then accuse others of "being emotional" when they call you out on it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Nothin emotional, just calling out your statement above as the tripe that it was, really not much more to it than that.

And in light of the fact that you can't back up your statement....at all, I'd say if anyone's response is emotional, it's yours. That happens as a replacement for actual content around here. Make some dumb drive-by statement, don't back it up...at all, and then accuse others of "being emotional" when they call you out on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, "butthurt"?

LOL the irony.  The fact people had to post rolling eyes and you had to come and defend it against such a bland and pretty much non-hyperbolic statement on my part definitely demonstrates an emotional investment...your responses are the very definition of it.  I couldn't care less if you criticize the Arsenal firearm.  His statement was one of opinion, and I stated an opinion in response.  That is hardly a drive by post since I have been in this thread for a while and continue to respond.  What is so groundbreaking about the VP9?  Can he back up his statement in comparison? What is funny, is I was not even bashing it....just giving it a meh in comparison to the Arsenal which is at least a bit more novel IMO. You HK guys are waaaaaay to defensive.  Lighten up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

LOL the irony.  The fact people had to post rolling eyes and you had to come and defend it against such a bland and pretty much non-hyperbolic statement on my part definitely demonstrates an emotional investment...your responses are the very definition of it.  I couldn't care less if you criticize the Arsenal firearm.  His statement was one of opinion, and I stated an opinion in response.  That is hardly a drive by post since I have been in this thread for a while and continue to respond.  What is so groundbreaking about the VP9?  Can he back up his statement in comparison? What is funny, is I was not even bashing it....just giving it a meh in comparison to the Arsenal which is at least a bit more novel IMO. You HK guys are waaaaaay to defensive.  Lighten up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, "butthurt"?

I'll speak for myself... there is no emotional investment. I use what works best period. And if I can't afford it, that doesn't change the reality. The rolled eyes were directed to your comment about how "~It shouldn't be too hard for the Strike One to compete with the $599 HK VP9". If you honestly think that, you are out of your mind or trolling, hence the rolled eyes. There's a reason why we are looking at you like you are stupid. It has nothing to do with fanboyism or butthurt - it's just your claim is so far out there.

The HK VP9 is selling like hotcakes. No other polymer striker gun has done this much damage this fast to Glock. The M&P has taken years to gain the market share it has. When a customer came looking for a hand gun - 90% of the time it's a Glock or M&P. Everyone always liked the P30 but not the trigger or the price tag. One thing about HK pistols is they are by far the easiest to rack the slide, which some customers would pony up the price simply cause they or their wife had a hard time racking the slide on even the Glock.

HK dropped a bombshell with the VP9. It's a better pistol than anything they offer yet $300 less than their previous offerings. HK is a huge name especially in LE and Military market. Their guns are stupid reliable, ambidextrous, fully customizable grip, popular - which is important for holster support and magazine availability, well designed just in general, and now $599. The Arsenal Strike One looks like a cool pistol. But most likely it's a novelty - like you said - at best. The matter of fact is in the foreseeable future the big three dominating the commercial and LE pistol market are going to be Glock, S&W M&P, and HK.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'll speak for myself... there is no emotional investment. I use what works best period. And if I can't afford it, that doesn't change the reality. The rolled eyes were directed to your comment about how "~It shouldn't be too hard for the Strike One to compete with the $599 HK VP9". If you honestly think that, you are out of your mind or trolling, hence the rolled eyes. There's a reason why we are looking at you like you are stupid. It has nothing to do with fanboyism or butthurt - it's just your claim is so far out there.

The HK VP9 is selling like hotcakes. No other polymer striker gun has done this much damage this fast to Glock. The M&P has taken years to gain the market share it has. When a customer came looking for a hand gun - 90% of the time it's a Glock or M&P. Everyone always liked the P30 but not the trigger or the price tag. One thing about HK pistols is they are by far the easiest to rack the slide, which some customers would pony up the price simply cause they or their wife had a hard time racking the slide on even the Glock.

HK dropped a bombshell with the VP9. It's a better pistol than anything they offer yet $300 less than their previous offerings. HK is a huge name especially in LE and Military market. Their guns are stupid reliable, ambidextrous, fully customizable grip, popular - which is important for holster support and magazine availability, well designed just in general, and now $599. The Arsenal Strike One looks like a cool pistol. But most likely it's a novelty - like you said - at best. The matter of fact is in the foreseeable future the big three dominating the commercial and LE pistol market are going to be Glock, S&W M&P, and HK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, "butthurt"?

Agreed.

If the strike one becomes popular it will be the cz of poly striker pistols. Competition oriented, not a duty/combat type pistol.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, "butthurt"?

Well  I am not talking about market share or whether LE adopts it of which I care nothing about, but maybe you were which you were not very clear on if so. I am talking about two pistols side by side on their own merits.  Yet my claim is sooooo far out there!  That is simply absurd to say.  Again, the fact so much butthurt was generated by a rather benign and innocuous statement on my part speaks for itself.  I stand corrected though, the VP9 is the best pistol EVAR!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:01:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Russian FSB and Spetsnaz seem to like the "Strizh" pretty well...

I would LOVE to have one to go with my SGL-31 for part of my Russian inspired kit, but I'm not willing to pay that much money for what it is... if it were $499 I would be all over it

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Russian FSB and Spetsnaz seem to like the "Strizh" pretty well...

I would LOVE to have one to go with my SGL-31 for part of my Russian inspired kit, but I'm not willing to pay that much money for what it is... if it were $499 I would be all over it

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/TheMercenary556/bd61edca-612e-4878-81f6-3691f571ce96_zps0566d1f4.png

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/TheMercenary556/2e07c528-91a8-4d69-8ffc-a4c288e7af53_zpsadadf618.png

View Quote

A Glock would complete that kit since I see more using that then the new Arsenal.  I guess we will see if they adopt it on a larger scale but the Russians often don't when it comes to domestic offerings.  The GsH18 never got widespread use, I would love one of those.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:29:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Agreed.

If the strike one becomes popular it will be the cz of poly striker pistols. Competition oriented, not a duty/combat type pistol.
View Quote

CZ 75 is the most common military and law enforcement pistol worldwide.  They're popular for competition, yes, but they're a duty pistol first.

Sorry for the derail.  The Strike One looks like an interesting design.  I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews of the pistol.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

CZ 75 is the most common military and law enforcement pistol worldwide.  They're popular for competition, yes, but they're a duty pistol first.

Sorry for the derail.  The Strike One looks like an interesting design.  I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews of the pistol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

I was thinking from am American user perspective. I don't think the CZ75 had been nearly as popular here as elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I was thinking from am American user perspective. I don't think the CZ75 had been nearly as popular here as elsewhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

Very true.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#27]
It is with me
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

It is with me
View Quote

What is with you?  Did you get it?

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:57:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is with me

Read the posts directly above your own. They are referring to the CZ 75.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:25:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Changed your mind? OP ,you're a fickle bitch! Sucks that you led folks on like you did.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Changed your mind? OP ,you're a fickle bitch! Sucks that you led folks on like you did.
View Quote

Really?? What are you 12 years old? The guy ordered a gun, then changed his mind and wanted to buy something else while waiting and you're going to call him names and accuse him of leading people on? How the hell do you even lead someone on here? This isn't a 5th grade romance...put your big boy pants on and see if that helps.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:16:27 AM EDT
[#32]
This guy started the thread back in April and ran with it knowing it what going to take months before the pistol was delivered. That's lame. Heck, you want to know wait time then get a suppressor, buy an AK from a specialty builder. Some guys will wait 2 or 3 years but they know when they sign on the dotted line. Bet he had his doubts a while back but just wanted the thread to keep running.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:41:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This guy started the thread back in April and ran with it knowing it what going to take months before the pistol was delivered. That's lame. Heck, you want to know wait time then get a suppressor, buy an AK from a specialty builder. Some guys will wait 2 or 3 years but they know when they sign on the dotted line. Bet he had his doubts a while back but just wanted the thread to keep running.
View Quote

Are you serious? OP canceled? Just great, what am I supposed to do now, I put half up front deposit on one. This always happens, I get tricked into buying things OP doesn't even buy and I try to look cool in the thread but no, OP hides his secret doubts, I don't get the memo, and I look like the friggin loser, again
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:49:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Are you serious? OP canceled? Just great, what am I supposed to do now, I put half up front deposit on one. This always happens, I get tricked into buying things OP doesn't even buy and I try to look cool in the thread but no, OP hides his secret doubts, I don't get the memo, and I look like the friggin loser, again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But seriously not many folks are that wise and get duped. That is what sucks. Get my point? Never mind you've spend your mental faculties being sarcastic. This thread needs to be locked.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

Led folks on???  Look, you trolled this thread back on page 7 or 8...somewhere back there...

I backed out, so what.  I wanted something else and decided I didn't need another 9mm at the moment.  On top of that I may be leaving the country for a while, which I am presently.

I'm not going to argue with you back and forth, but it wasn't me that ran with this thread for 10+ pages.  Everyone else did.  I'm glad I'm such a good salesman...fvck off.

This is tech, so I won't get into a rant..(edited for COC compliance)

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 2:19:33 PM EDT
[#36]
So we're not getting one?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:36:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Theres a thread on m4 a guy got two of them in his shop one is serial #15. He shot a steel challenge with it and posted his opinion videos and pictures.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
$750 for a polymer handgun is retarded.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Is this why we can't have nice things?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#40]
So earlier in postings this pistol is suppose to be in country and at "the distributor". Also someone knew the guy that owns the shop.
So is there any more info or any inside info about this thing (that is why we have discussion boards; right)?

Are there any people out there still interested?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So earlier in postings this pistol is suppose to be in country and at "the distributor". Also someone knew the guy that owns the shop.
So is there any more info or any inside info about this thing (that is why we have discussion boards; right)?

Are there any people out there still interested?
View Quote

The first batch has already been distributed to the first pre-orderers as well as people who work for the company and such. It wasn't a very large batch. They're getting another shipment into the shop that will distribute to the more general populace.

The shop/importer is Tony's Custom Creations/International Firearm Corporation (they're owned and run by the same person.)
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:02:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who the F*** cares? It's his right to cancel. WTF.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Who the F*** cares? It's his right to cancel. WTF.
View Quote

Truth.

Some of you guys are acting like you got turned down for a date to the prom.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I will be waiting for more of them to out in the wild and the price to go down.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Has there been any news? I keep checking back to this thread to find a release date.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Has there been any news? I keep checking back to this thread to find a release date.
View Quote

Nope.

I got tired of the wait and spent my money on a VP9.

I hope they don't have a "IMPORTED BY TONY'S CUSTOM CREATIONS" billboard etched all over the gun.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:38:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some pretty strong purse swinging is all you missed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Not even a release date? What is the hold up?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Maybe he had two balls before he got his STRIKE ONE and decided to look for slop...I wonder if he made it to strike two before he walked?  

Either way...Guess he walked.  

EDIT - I have to admit...I watched this thread for months without actually reading the thing because it sounded like some bullshit I wouldn't care about...guess I was right.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top