BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just uploaded a video on the build, design, and my first impressions.

http://youtu.be/aEha7dxHbc8
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait, what the fuck, you're Yankee Marshal?
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That depends. Is that good or bad? if it is bad, no. If it is good, maybe.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just found it interesting. You do realize you're somewhat of a youtube gun-celebrity, right?
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:44:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just found it interesting. You do realize you're somewhat of a youtube gun-celebrity, right?
View Quote

A very minor one...and remember, there is a big difference between being known and being popular.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, at any rate, I just watched the review.

I agree that the gun is pretty fucking huge for how many rounds it holds. For the size, they should be able to fit another round or two in there.

I'd personally prefer to see a version that was somewhat shorter but still held 17 rounds, and had a 4" -- 4.5" barrel.

Also, as far as the sights being integrated into the backplate, there is apparently a version with adjustable sights that has a dovetail for the rear sight.

They also have a version called the Strike One Speed with those same adjustable sights, as well as different cuts and such in the slide.

(images taken from canadiangunnutz, which apparently were taken from another source)

Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:43:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Good video, thanks! I don't know why anyone thought this was a small gun, I never read anything to that effect.  The only thing that seems wonky to me, is the rear sight integrated into the slide cover plate, that doesn't even make sense.  All their changes seem to have an obvious idea for improvement except the rear sight which seems like they went backwards on.  To me it reminds more of an improved version of the Glock 41 or the other long slide guns that are becoming more popular rather than comparing it to a compact model.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:12:17 AM EDT
[#8]
It's a good looking gun and I'm currently in the market for a striker plastic blob and this, the VP9, and G19 are on my list.

The good reviews and press it's been getting has made my decision harder.

The only downside is that there are SO many aftermarket parts for HK's and Glocks and holsters galore. I'm guessing I'd have my gun shop kydex guy build me a one-off based off of thjs gun...
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:42:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's a good looking gun and I'm currently in the market for a striker plastic blob and this, the VP9, and G19 are on my list.

The good reviews and press it's been getting has made my decision harder.

The only downside is that there are SO many aftermarket parts for HK's and Glocks and holsters galore. I'm guessing I'd have my gun shop kydex guy build me a one-off based off of thjs gun...
View Quote

I would not buy this gun for carry. There is zero aftermarket for it right now.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the first look review.  Look forward to more.  

It's something that many people automatically poo poo new guns, esp in the youtube comments.   Looks like they got a lot right the first time out.   I appreciate innovation and sometimes it takes awhile for refinements.   Same with Boberg pistols.   Will keep an eye on this one to consider in the future.   As a consumer I like new ideas and new competition.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sonofagun, Yankee Marshal...huh, never know who you stumble across.

I never understand the push back against new designs.  Whether the SO fails or gains traction, everything established was new at one point.

Anyway, thanks for the initial observations.  Hope you follow up with more extensive range reports.

Link Posted: 11/10/2014 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quick question cause I can't find the answer anywhere, what kind of rifling does it have?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
$750 for a polymer handgun is retarded.
View Quote

According to the Arsenal website, it can also be had with an alloy frame. (I'm not going to read through 13 pages to see if anyone mentioned this already).

PlayboyPenguin, log off and log back on again.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

According to the Arsenal website, it can also be had with an alloy frame. (I'm not going to read through 13 pages to see if anyone mentioned this already).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$750 for a polymer handgun is retarded.

The prices for the european market aren´t fixed yet (as far as I know) but the importer told me, that it would be expected to come over €2000,- with the alloy frame
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:46:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

To answer your question according the beavertail, mine ist serial number 670 and it has an identical framedesign as yours.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 4:45:16 AM EDT
[#16]
I asked the Swedish dude to do a close-up video of the gun, and he did.

He shows the field strip and partial disassembly, including removing the rear sight/end plate of the slide, as well as the firing pin etc.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 5:39:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I asked the Swedish dude to do a close-up video of the gun, and he did.

He shows the field strip and partial disassembly, including removing the rear sight/end plate of the slide, as well as the firing pin etc.
View Quote

It is extremely easy to disassemble.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I held one today at my LGS, great trigger- better than my VP9.

Maybe it's just me, but the upper rib on the back of the backstrap dug into the web of my dominant palm. It was unpleasant just to dry fire it.

No one else in the store had the same issue.

Just my two cents....
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#19]
So are they being widely distributed now? Does you LGS have more than one?
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Just one.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Saw it at SHOT
Put a deposit on it.
Soon after shot a VP9
Bought VP9 and love it
Asked Tony for my deposit back.
As promised, he promptly returned my money.

The VP9 is all you'll ever want and need...even if you believe you can extract the difference between it and a well-tuned Glock. I'm not some blindly loyal HK guy, albeit I have an R.D.T.S. MP5SD Navy picto-lower that is PERFECTION in an SMG (truth be told I'm just as happy to run SMG shoots with my MAC's thanks to USMG, Lage and Gemtech).

But the Strike One strikes me as a novelty gun. It's not going to have the distribution of Glock or HK or Sig or...

Finicky, low production bitches in the arsenal rules:

1) Must be Made in America or
2) Must be a machine gun (to make all the shit you go through keeping them fed and healthy worth it)
3) Must be a rare and unique machine that'll, likely grow in value,  AND
4) Must NOT be from Kel-Tech..

NOTHING AGAINST TONY OR ARSENAL but, for my $.02, I'd buy their double barrel .45. It's eye-watering expensive but it's a lot more unique than the Strike One.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Saw it at SHOT
Put a deposit on it.
Soon after shot a VP9
Bought VP9 and love it

The VP9 is all you'll ever want and need...even if you believe you can extract the difference between it and a well-tuned Glock. I'm not some blindly loyal HK guy, albeit I have an R.D.T.S. MP5SD Navy picto-lower that is PERFECTION in an SMG (truth be told I'm just as happy to run SMG shoots with my MAC's thanks to USMG, Lage and Gemtech).

But the Strike One strikes me as a novelty gun. It's not going to have the distribution of Glock or HK or Sig or...

2) Must be a machine gun (to make all the shit you go through keeping them fed and healthy worth it)

NOTHING AGAINST TONY OR ARSENAL but, for my $.02, I'd buy their double barrel .45. It's eye-watering expensive but it's a lot more unique than the Strike One.

View Quote

So, you've never fired it. Okay.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Saw it at SHOT
Put a deposit on it.
Soon after shot a VP9
Bought VP9 and love it

View Quote

I have only shot the VP9 a few times...but here is my review of that experience.
http://youtu.be/kAK32_5Hp8E
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Saw it at SHOT
Put a deposit on it.
Soon after shot a VP9
Bought VP9 and love it

View Quote

I have only shot the VP9 a few times...but here is my review of that experience.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:22:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw it at SHOT
Put a deposit on it.
Soon after shot a VP9
Bought VP9 and love it

This is the Strike One thread...

If you want to settle the VP9 debate, next time you're in FL...stop by the ranch and we'll bury my range in brass with belt feds, LMG's, 16's and SMG's...my treat on the ammo.
But you'll also see the VP9 tear up the steel target course like nothing else. We have 5300+ acres directly adjacent to a 35,000 acre park.. ridiculous amount of game. And a damn nice range, if I'm allowed to brag.

IM me...
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why? It's worse than the G17 in the video.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What I really want to see is a recoil comparison with the M&P.

Why? It's worse than the G17 in the video.

LMAO @ anyone who thinks their recoil comparisons are even going to be accurate in a video advertising/promoting their gun....

Jeez, you guys will believe anything won't you?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If you want to settle the VP9 debate, next time you're in FL...stop by the ranch and we'll bury my range in brass with belt feds, LMG's, 16's and SMG's...my treat on the ammo.
But you'll also see the VP9 tear up the steel target course like nothing else. We have 5300+ acres directly adjacent to a 35,000 acre park.. ridiculous amount of game. And a damn nice range, if I'm allowed to brag.

IM me...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw it at SHOT
Put a deposit on it.
Soon after shot a VP9
Bought VP9 and love it

IM me...

That sounds like fun.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

That sounds like fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Saw it at SHOT

Put a deposit on it.

Soon after shot a VP9

Bought VP9 and love it

IM me...

That sounds like fun.

Yeah, incredible fun. Maybe ftldrben could use a few more friends? And oddly, I'm available
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw it at SHOT
Put a deposit on it.
Soon after shot a VP9
Bought VP9 and love it

Lol you missed the boat completely on that one
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#30]
They're pretty ugly.  I kinda want one.  Stainless and get the frame colored something stupid like neon orange.  The indicator will have to go though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#31]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDlgYpuFxX8

Bigger than a G17 and not exactly a good trigger.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:48:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll pick one up if they get the price to be a little more realistic.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There isnt any 1911 manufacturer that I am aware of that makes anywhere near as many guns as Glock, can you name one?

View Quote

Umm, Kimber? 104,000 plus manufactured in 2011. 2011 Gun Sales by Manufacturer.90% of all Kimbers produced are .45 Cal 1911. 2011 was the first year Glock made the top 10. The latest data has Glock surpassing Kimber though, Kimber made 120,000 - but Glock just made 130,000. 2012 Handgun Sales by brand. Sturm & Ruger and Smith & Wesson are always on top of the list, and produce several times more guns than Glock, but Kimber has been on the list for a couple year now. I thought all gun owners were familiar with how the manufacturers stack up? I guess watching Haley and Costa vids all day may give you a false sense of how the gun buying population spends their $$$.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top