Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Strike One is a GLOCK rip off in the same way all other polymer, striker fired pistols are GLOCK rip offs.  They are far from the first to be inspired buy the GLOCK design

The Strike One does however utilize a novel operating mechanism, a sliding block lock up.  So it is much less derivative that all the other derivatives.

It is neat they can get that a mechanism into a low profile form.  Although it does appear wider in the slide than a GLOCK 9mm platform, more like the Steyr M9.

Not enough good side by side pictures yet to be sure.

If they make it here and are around for any time I might be interested in one.  But I wount be selling anything I currently have in anticipation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQjcMl0sYcI

Still also want a GSh-18.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's blatant rip off of the Glock design. All they did was lower the bore height, and curve the longer grip.Good luck on concealing it, the grip is nearly impossible to hide.

you shouldn't talk out your ass.  you aren't very good at it.  completely different internals and design.
Why do you resort to name calling? You must be on the hook for one. As for talking out of my ass, some of the internals are different, but it's still a rip off of a Glock, from the trigger safety to the metal lined rails. You see I kept it within the COC, maybe you should to.

Saying you are talking out your ass isn't calling you a name.  I am quite familiar with the COC.  Been here a helluva lot longer than you bub.  I'd also make sure I know about a product before spouting off that it is a rip off of another design as these other posters will tell you.  

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/strike_one_blown_up1.jpg
<a href="http://s23.photobucket.com/user/kombayotch/media/Shot%20Show/Shot%20Show%202013/Strike_One_12_zpsa5468ac8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/kombayotch/Shot%20Show/Shot%20Show%202013/Strike_One_12_zpsa5468ac8.jpg</a>

The Strike One is a GLOCK rip off in the same way all other polymer, striker fired pistols are GLOCK rip offs.  They are far from the first to be inspired buy the GLOCK design

The Strike One does however utilize a novel operating mechanism, a sliding block lock up.  So it is much less derivative that all the other derivatives.

It is neat they can get that a mechanism into a low profile form.  Although it does appear wider in the slide than a GLOCK 9mm platform, more like the Steyr M9.

Not enough good side by side pictures yet to be sure.

If they make it here and are around for any time I might be interested in one.  But I wount be selling anything I currently have in anticipation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQjcMl0sYcI

Know your history.  The glock by your definition would be a rip off of the HK VP70 as it is a striker fired polymer pistol.  We both know none are rip offs of each other.  Look at this pic.

The Glock has a screw on front sight vs. dovetailed.  The rear sight is build into the slide plate cover.  Its rounded instead of blocky on the frame and slide.  It has a 1913 rail instead of proprietary.  It has a different style trigger and a rounded metal mag release.  Please tell me what they copied?  similar looking slide serrations?  It has a metal mag instead of a polymer metal reinforced mag.  I've owned nearly every model of Glock so I know a little bit about them.  You do know the Steyr was designed by a member of the Glock design team just as the Caracal was right?  This gun has very little influence from the Glock if you get into the nitty gritty.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

WTF, arfcom told me the Beretta 92 is huge?  That is way smaller than a GLOCK 19!

You realize 10x28 is a less lethal cartridge, not 10mm Auto (10x25mm).

Unless you are looking for a very expensive way to shoot rubber ball and gas cartridges.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh... the same company produces these, as well as miniature firearms : http://i.gyazo.com/aa00bcfb45c8f39d10b000706954b186.png

WTF, arfcom told me the Beretta 92 is huge?  That is way smaller than a GLOCK 19!

Quoted:
ETA : Can't wait until these get imported. Especially can't wait for the combat version.

http://i.gyazo.com/073cabe01728cccecf3742c444334b45.png

Unless you are looking for a very expensive way to shoot rubber ball and gas cartridges.

No, I realize that that's the less lethal version. However, the actual size of that version is the only picture I could find of the Strike One Combat. It has a shorter barrel and grip.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No, I realize that that's the less lethal version. However, the actual size of that version is the only picture I could find of the Strike One Combat. It has a shorter barrel and grip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh... the same company produces these, as well as miniature firearms : http://i.gyazo.com/aa00bcfb45c8f39d10b000706954b186.png

Quoted:
ETA : Can't wait until these get imported. Especially can't wait for the combat version.

http://i.gyazo.com/073cabe01728cccecf3742c444334b45.png

I follow you now.  I like the proportions of the shorter gun.  I don't care for "long slide" variants of pistols.

Quoted:
Know your history.  The glock by your definition would be a rip off of the HK VP70 as it is a striker fired polymer pistol.  We both know none are rip offs of each other.  Look at this pic.
http://prebanarmory.com/wp-content/uploads/marketimages/hkvp70.jpg

The Glock has a screw on front sight vs. dovetailed.  The rear sight is build into the slide plate cover.  Its rounded instead of blocky on the frame and slide.  It has a 1913 rail instead of proprietary.  It has a different style trigger and a rounded metal mag release.  Please tell me what they copied?  similar looking slide serrations?  It has a metal mag instead of a polymer metal reinforced mag.  I've owned nearly every model of Glock so I know a little bit about them.  You do know the Steyr was designed by a member of the Glock design team just as the Caracal was right?  This gun has very little influence from the Glock if you get into the nitty gritty.

Good for you.  Knowing the obscure, failed pistol of designs antiquity.

If polymer striker fired pistols are a "rip off" of any one design; it has to be the GLOCK because no one rips off a failure.  

Actually, I was agreeing with you in my previous post.

Because GLOCK's success has inspired so many companies newer designs; it ludicrous to dismiss or criticize any polymer and/or striker fired pistol as being a GLOCK rip off.

The market is flooded with similar pistols: PPS/Q/X, M&P, XD.  And how could I forget the VP9; the master is now the student.  And the circle is closed.

Further, because of its novel mechanism; the STRIKE ONE is fundamentally MORE unique than 99% of the service pistols out there.  

Buddies?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes please.  If I could buy any pistol right now that would be it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone have an update on availability?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:14:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Two weeks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Two weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Two weeks.

Where did you hear this?

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Two weeks.
View Quote

Be sure!!

And if any of you understand this reference then we may have virtually shot at each other in the past.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Two weeks.
View Quote

will you be bringing any livestock back from Mars?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:31:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh hey, it's this thread again.

Here's a video of a dude from Sweden competing in IPSC with it. He says he likes the trigger more than on his CZ-85.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnFTe2hwwsU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFmCR9vxfn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma3kTbN86MA
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Here's a video of a dude from Sweden competing in IPSC with it. He says he likes the trigger more than on his CZ-85.

View Quote

That's quite a compliment.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:40:45 AM EDT
[#12]
You notice that none of their barrel height/recoil comparison videos are with the CZ P07 or P09 Duty?

It might be a good gun, but it's not breaking any new ground that I can see.  Still, if one shows up for a reasonable price I might try it.  But $800 is not reasonable.  If it costs more than the industry standard Glock 17/19 they're going to have a hard time selling many of them, even if it is better.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:37:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a feeling it will be a highly desired pistol once it is here and people get to use them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You notice that none of their barrel height/recoil comparison videos are with the CZ P07 or P09 Duty?

It might be a good gun, but it's not breaking any new ground that I can see.  Still, if one shows up for a reasonable price I might try it.  But $800 is not reasonable.  If it costs more than the industry standard Glock 17/19 they're going to have a hard time selling many of them, even if it is better.
View Quote

They compared it to a Tanfoglio copy of a CZ75. The P07 and P09 don't have lower bore axes than the standard CZ75, and the added weight of the steel frame would reduce recoil more than the polymer.

Also, I've never paid MSRP for any gun.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know or care if the P-07 has a higher or lower bore axis than any other pistol.  This would be the perfect example of why this is a meaning figure.  My 9mm P-07 has substantially more felt recoil and muzzle flip compared to a GLOCK 19.  It is okay with the can on it, but without it kicks like a 40.  Not that the 40SW is some monster uncontrollable cartridge.   Simply I would like 40 Cal ballistics if the gun is going to have 40 Cal recoil.  It's an accurate and reliable pistol, but I do not understand the excitement over the poly CZs.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I think my P-07 kicks much less than my Glock 19...I also think my P-09 is real close to my SP-01 considering the weight difference in the recoil department. Anyway this thread has made me want to buy one of these Arsenals when and if they become available. THANKS GUYS!
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No, it won't have his company's name on it.  My guess is that "International Firearm Corporation" will be engraved somewhere as the actual importer.

Just my guess...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the import marking going to look like.  I want one, but not with "tony's custom creations" on the damn side of it

No, it won't have his company's name on it.  My guess is that "International Firearm Corporation" will be engraved somewhere as the actual importer.

Just my guess...

They will have the required markings the ATF sets.  Importer name, city and state.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just my guess...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the import marking going to look like.  I want one, but not with "tony's custom creations" on the damn side of it

Just my guess...

hopping they do this instead... on the picture it is one of the first caracal. http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/9061/k226863img5405.jpg
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:26:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Good for you.  Knowing the obscure, failed pistol of designs antiquity.
If polymer striker fired pistols are a "rip off" of any one design; it has to be the GLOCK because no one rips off a failure.  
Actually, I was agreeing with you in my previous post.
Because GLOCK's success has inspired so many companies newer designs; it ludicrous to dismiss or criticize any polymer and/or striker fired pistol as being a GLOCK rip off.
The market is flooded with similar pistols: PPS/Q/X, M&P, XD.  And how could I forget the VP9; the master is now the student.  And the circle is closed.
Further, because of its novel mechanism; the STRIKE ONE is fundamentally MORE unique than 99% of the service pistols out there.  
Buddies?
View Quote
Glock fan boys crying about rip offs are always
funny. Who honestly fucking cares if one gun inspired another in certain ways?
Fan boys (and Apple, but they want money and and a monopoly) that have some sort of bizarre insecurity that makes them feel
threatened, are the only people that I know of. You think a similar concept = rip off and conveniently forget the
VP70 and sheepishly dismiss it. Never mind that besides the original Sigma (which they had to change) I
doubt any of the other popular striker fired polymer pistols on the
market can actually legitimately be called a "rip off" of the Glock design. Similar in function/feel /= rip off. OMG ANOTHER COMPANY FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE A GUN THAT CAN RELEASE A STRIKER TO IGNITE A PRIMER AND THEY PUT IT IN A POLYMER FRAME! Give it a rest.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 1:30:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:Glock fan boys crying about rip offs are always funny. Who honestly fucking cares if one gun inspired another in certain ways? Fan boys (and Apple, but they want money and and a monopoly) that have some sort of bizarre insecurity that makes them feel threatened, are the only people that I know of. You think a similar concept = rip off and conveniently forget the VP70 and sheepishly dismiss it. Never mind that besides the original Sigma (which they had to change) I doubt any of the other popular striker fired polymer pistols on the market can actually legitimately be called a "rip off" of the Glock design. Similar in function/feel /= rip off. OMG ANOTHER COMPANY FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE A GUN THAT CAN RELEASE A STRIKER TO IGNITE A PRIMER AND THEY PUT IT IN A POLYMER FRAME! Give it a rest.  
View Quote

Ah no.  I did not forget the VP70z.  But I did recognize it as, at best, a foot note to the modern service pistol. And I snidely dismissed the misguided reference to its place as the first polymer/striker pistol.

Come on.  Springfield bought the HS2000 because of the VP70z?   Oh man, I bet S&W flat out copied the GLOCK, to the level of having major components being interchangeable, because the VP70z was pushing them out of domestic LE sales?  Now that you mention it, the M&P Auto looks a lot like the VP70z too.  Not.

Although, now that I am thinking about it,  HK might have a case against Hi-Point.  But the Hi-Point's trigger is better.

GLOCK has defined the modern service pistol.  In the same way WWII Germany set the modern service or Assault Rifle is, with the Mp44/StG44.  It is a statement completely devoid of fanaticism.  It is history.  You are like the sad fools who argue that Russian 6.5x50mm rifle was the "first assault rifle".  Like you found a damned glitch in The Matrix.  Good grief.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 4:26:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ah no.  I did not forget the VP70z.  But I did recognize it as, at best, a foot note to the modern service pistol. And I snidely dismissed the misguided reference to its place as the first polymer/striker pistol.

Come on.  Springfield bought the HS2000 because of the VP70z?   Oh man, I bet S&W flat out copied the GLOCK, to the level of having major components being interchangeable, because the VP70z was pushing them out of domestic LE sales?  Now that you mention it, the M&P Auto looks a lot like the VP70z too.  Not.

Although, now that I am thinking about it,  HK might have a case against Hi-Point.  But the Hi-Point's trigger is better.

GLOCK has defined the modern service pistol.  In the same way WWII Germany set the modern service or Assault Rifle is, with the Mp44/StG44.  It is a statement completely devoid of fanaticism.  It is history.  You are like the sad fools who argue that Russian 6.5x50mm rifle was the "first assault rifle".  Like you found a damned glitch in The Matrix.  Good grief.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:Glock fan boys crying about rip offs are always funny. Who honestly fucking cares if one gun inspired another in certain ways? Fan boys (and Apple, but they want money and and a monopoly) that have some sort of bizarre insecurity that makes them feel threatened, are the only people that I know of. You think a similar concept = rip off and conveniently forget the VP70 and sheepishly dismiss it. Never mind that besides the original Sigma (which they had to change) I doubt any of the other popular striker fired polymer pistols on the market can actually legitimately be called a "rip off" of the Glock design. Similar in function/feel /= rip off. OMG ANOTHER COMPANY FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE A GUN THAT CAN RELEASE A STRIKER TO IGNITE A PRIMER AND THEY PUT IT IN A POLYMER FRAME! Give it a rest.  

The point isn't necessarily that the VP70 is the first because I quite frankly don't even care about that. My point is that your assertion is ridiculous.

Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The point isn't necessarily that the VP70 is the first because I quite frankly don't even care about that. My point is that your assertion is ridiculous.
View Quote

I have two responses, please choose one:

1. I'm ridiculous?  You're ridiculous!  This whole damn forum is ridiculous!
-or-
2.  There are many true things which some might also find ridiculous.  These are not mutually exclusive properties.

Since this is not GD, the second is the more appropriate of the two.  Thank God, as your PC&JD would have immediately crushed my spirit otherwise.  

It is not that other arms makers are unimaginative.  I do not believe they are ripping off GLOCK, as much as the market has spoken: GLOCK like and especially "improved GLOCK like" pistols are the flavor of the day.  I do not believe they owe anything to GLOCK.

Just what it is, GLOCK has set the minimum standards, the general specifications if you will, for what a modern service pistol is expected to be.  No more.  No less.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 3:22:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

-or-

2.  There are many true things which some might also find ridiculous.  These are not mutually exclusive properties.

Since this is not GD, the second is the more appropriate of the two.  Thank God, as your PC&JD would have immediately crushed my spirit otherwise.  

It is not that other arms makers are unimaginative.  I do not believe they are ripping off GLOCK, as much as the market has spoken: GLOCK like and especially "improved GLOCK like" pistols are the flavor of the day.  I do not believe they owe anything to GLOCK.

Just what it is, GLOCK has set the minimum standards, the general specifications if you will, for what a modern service pistol is expected to be.  No more.  No less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

-or-

That response makes a little more sense.

Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#24]
So.... When did that "just two more weeks" start?

That so reminded me of the raids we would walk to in the 509th Army's Best Comedy Team. Yea after half the night of walking to the target some new guy would ask...

The answer was always "just two more clicks"... Yea; we might get there just before morning.

I really don't think we will be seeing this anytime soon. Not with these guy in power.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:26:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So.... When did that "just two more weeks" start?

That so reminded me of the raids we would walk to in the 509th Army's Best Comedy Team. Yea after half the night of walking to the target some new guy would ask...

The answer was always "just two more clicks"... Yea; we might get there just before morning.

I really don't think we will be seeing this anytime soon. Not with these guy in power.
View Quote

Importation is scheduled for September. Pretty sure the "two more weeks" thing was a joke.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#26]
The Truth About Guns posted a review today.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/daniel-zimmerman/gun-review-arsenal-af-1/

5/5 stars on everything besides customization.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Really wanted a Strike One but not at a price of $799. Shoot, for that I could get a VP9 and a Tristar with the left over funds.

Bummer. Hope the OP likes his. Oh, and no replaceable rear sights? WTF
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:08:04 PM EDT
[#28]
That gray model with the stainless/silver slide is Bee You Tea Full
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Really wanted a Strike One but not at a price of $799. Shoot, for that I could get a VP9 and a Tristar with the left over funds.

Bummer. Hope the OP likes his. Oh, and no replaceable rear sights? WTF
View Quote

Well, the end-plate integrated sights could obviously be switched over. However, there's also another model with adjustable sights that has a dovetail.

(Photo courtesy of Arctic1 over at m4carbine.net)
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I asked the Swedish dude to do a close-up video of the gun, and he did.

He shows the field strip and partial disassembly, including removing the rear sight/end plate of the slide, as well as the firing pin etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CctIT-4pVLo&list=UUwYNosE_xhrPeGVyJwCG0ig
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

That's the one I have lined up...

Still no word yet on it's arrival.  The last I spoke to them was September would be the latest so we'll see.

Adam...are you getting one too?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:16:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Still no word yet on it's arrival.  The last I spoke to them was September would be the latest so we'll see.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gonna wait a few months 'til after they get here, but I plan on getting one.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He shows the field strip and partial disassembly, including removing the rear sight/end plate of the slide, as well as the firing pin etc.

View Quote

Most here think it is ugly but I think it is a nice looking piece.  I especially like the odd grip design but I am a fan of weird Russian design influences.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Most here think it is ugly but I think it is a nice looking piece.  I especially like the odd grip design but I am a fan of weird Russian design influences.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just glad it doesn't have a pignose and finger grooves.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I plan on getting one after a few months to let the newness wear off and the price to come down a bit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please explain where you can buy a VP9 and Tristar for $799, expecially in CA.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Have they been imported yet?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

No. Well, at least the sizable amount hasn't been imported yet. The main shipment is coming in September.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#39]
I am excited about this pistol.  If they dont have any major issues I will definitely pick one up.

Hopefully it doesn't turn into a shit show like the Caracal and Remington R51, which also had potential.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Places have vp9's for 594$ shipped
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where???
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Where???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where???

They are already showing up on Gunbroker for $600(Buy Now)+shipping.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:10:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Where???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where???

Plenty of threads on hk pro, boards sponsers there, m4, ect
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

Nope, nobody's carrying them.

As interested in this pistol as I am, it just fell back in line behind the VP9.

How could it possibly be ahead of a sub-$600 striker fired HK?

I'll likely pick one up, but having it priced higher than an HK? Really?

Track record with gun companies matters and between the two, its absolutely no contest.

Still a very interesting gun....but it just became less interesting for the moment.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#45]
It's already out. It's called the DB FS-Nine for $350.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#46]
That Hk VP9 looks awesome but why in the frickin world would they design a gun and market it for US law enforcement and civilian shooters with a trigger guard mag release?? (and, yes, i know it's not specifically designed for the US but the US is a huge part of their market) Walther made that mistake and was so beat up by the response they changed designs and switched to a standard US style mag release.  The VP9 is sweet but even after getting used to the trigger guard mag release on my Walther I still hate it.  It's irritating enough for me that I won't buy another gun with a release like that which sucks because I was really considering going with the VP9 until I saw that .

Anywho, back to that sweet looking gray and stainless Strike One
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
That Hk VP9 looks awesome but why in the frickin world would they design a gun and market it for US law enforcement and civilian shooters with a trigger guard mag release?? (and, yes, i know it's not specifically designed for the US but the US is a huge part of their market) Walther made that mistake and was so beat up by the response they changed designs and switched to a standard US style mag release.  The VP9 is sweet but even after getting used to the trigger guard mag release on my Walther I still hate it.  It's irritating enough for me that I won't buy another gun with a release like that which sucks because I was really considering going with the VP9 until I saw that .

Anywho, back to that sweet looking gray and stainless Strike One
View Quote

In my experience, everyone who has tried the HK style mag release likes it better once they get used to it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
In my experience, everyone who has tried the HK style mag release likes it better once they get used to it.
View Quote

This.

I have one HK and three Walthers with the paddle style mag release and I will never buy anything else now.  No shifting the grip to drop the mag, having to install larger/longer "tacticool" mag buttons, etc...

The system works, and works better than the button.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This.

I have one HK and three Walthers with the paddle style mag release and I will never buy anything else now.  No shifting the grip to drop the mag, having to install larger/longer "tacticool" mag buttons, etc...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Strange, I don't have large hands and it's very few guns that I have to break grip to use the button mag release and I've never used an extended button on any gun.  The guns that are large enough to require me to break grip only require a minor shift and the gun is still able to shoot accurately.  The "paddle" release requires taking your trigger finger out of the game to manipulate the release unless you can do the middle finger which is also a PITA.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Track record with gun companies matters and between the two, its absolutely no contest.

Still a very interesting gun....but it just became less interesting for the moment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should not be too difficult.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top