User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

$800 to be first? Yikes.

Hopefully the prices drop to around $600 on these.
View Quote

Eh...it's not about being first for me...I've just wanted one of these really badly since I saw them a couple of years ago.  Who knows, maybe they will go down in price.  I really have no idea, but I dought it.

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Arsenal Firearms doesn't have any distributor for the Strike One "AF1" in the USA yet.  They have a distributor for the 1911 doble barrel one "AF2011-A1" The Strike One gun doesn't meets ATF specifications yet. The gun will have some modifications in order to be approved by ATF.  As soon the gun gets the OK by ATF  I will get the newsletter from Arsenal Firearms Group.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Arsenal Firearms doesn't have any distributor for the Strike One "AF1" in the USA yet.  They have a distributor for the 1911 doble barrel one "AF2011-A1" The Strike One gun doesn't meets ATF specifications yet. The gun will have some modifications in order to be approved by ATF.  As soon the gun gets the OK by ATF  I will get the newsletter from Arsenal Firearms Group.
View Quote

I spoke to Arsenal myself and they confirmed that this guy is getting the first 1000 pistols when they are ready to ship. You are correct in that they have not been given the green light by the ATF yet.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 3:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
^ because THAT'S a well controlled test with no bias lol

hahah oh man i thought the same thing... what a shit promo vid...

This is a better one.

3:48 almost shoots his foot off.
Love it.

Dumbest shit I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I spoke to Arsenal myself and they confirmed that this guy is getting the first 1000 pistols when they are ready to ship. You are correct in that they have not been given the green light by the ATF yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is a copy of my email to Arsenal Firearms Group.
Hi,
The gun is not yet available in US. This is obvious scam...
Please wait for announcement on our web site very soon...

Best regards,
Dimitry Streshinsky
COB/ Arsenal Firearms Group

On 22 ????? 2014 ?., at 17:04,wrote:

Hi,
I would like to know if the Strike One AF-1 it is available on the U.S. market.
The reason why I’m asking this question is because I found someone accepting
pre-orders of this gun online at armslist.com. I would like to know if this pre-order
sale from this individual or vendor is legit or a scam. Can you please tell me who’s the
distributor of the Strike One in the U.S.
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I have Dimitry Streshinsky COB/Arsenal Firearms Group and Bandini Nicola CEO/Arsenal Firearms Group personal emails. They both are going to tell you the same.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, suspicion of scam aside, it looks like an interesting pistol and I'm anxious to hear how it performs. I wouldn't mind having one.

I will say it does seem rather odd if not stupid to have some guy's shop that almost nobody has ever heard of selected as an exclusive distributor of a new line of mass manufactured pistols.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like a nice pistol, but I'll have a hard time taking a company who makes a double barrel 1911 seriously.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks like a nice pistol, but I'll have a hard time taking a company who makes a double barrel 1911 seriously.
View Quote

I also don't see a pistol that originated as the standard sidearm of Russian special-operations being widely accepted in the US. Maybe a basis for something later on made by some-one a little less "soviet". (Kinda like you never see US PDs using AKs, but plenty have used SIG 55Xs in the past.)

Although the guys who buy AKs, wear surplus polish webgear and camo pants, and have a hard-on for eastern-european military gear in general (think Dale from King of the Hill) will flock to this thing.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Although the guys who buy AKs, wear surplus polish webgear and camo pants, and have a hard-on for eastern-european military gear in general (think Dale from King of the Hill) will flock to this thing.
View Quote

Don't know this Dale character. You mean Rusty Shackleford?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I also don't see a pistol that originated as the standard sidearm of Russian special-operations being widely accepted in the US. Maybe a basis for something later on made by some-one a little less "soviet".
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I also don't see a pistol that originated as the standard sidearm of Russian special-operations being widely accepted in the US. Maybe a basis for something later on made by some-one a little less "soviet".

A quality firearm is a quality firearm.

If the Strike One turns out to be a well designed and executed pistol, I'm not seeing it having any issues standing on its own merits in the U.S. market.

All of this remains to be seen however since this is entirely a speculative subject at this point.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:35:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hi,

Best regards,
Dimitry Streshinsky

Hi,
pre-orders of this gun online at armslist.com. I would like to know if this pre-order
sale from this individual or vendor is legit or a scam. Can you please tell me who’s the
Thanks in advance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi,

Best regards,
Dimitry Streshinsky

Hi,
Thanks in advance.

That is VERY strange, what is the date of that email? Here is a copy of the email they sent me:

Dear Mr. Bard,
thank you for the mail again.
The information is correct: however, we cannot officially announce anything at all until we receive the ATF approval, we trust you understand.
Best Regards.

The Arsenal Firearms Team.

On Apr 24, 2014, at 1:22 AM, Andy Bard wrote:

Hi,

This retailer is reporting that they will be receiving the first 1000 Strike One pistols and are taking deposits on them:

http://tonyscustomcreations.com/

Is this correct?

Thank you,
Andy

-----Original Message-----
To: Andy Bard <[email protected]>
Sent: Sat, Apr 5, 2014 11:44 am
Subject: Re: Strike Pistol System

Dear Mr. Bard,
thank you for the kind email and interest in our products.
The Strike One will be cleared by ATF any day now for imports in the USA: soon after that we will announce the distribution plan.
Please keep an eye on our website and watch out for the breaking news.
Again thank you and
Best Regards.,

The Arsenal Firearms Team.

On Apr 3, 2014, at 2:34 AM, Andy Bard wrote:

Hi,

Do you have an idea of when the Strike pistol will be available in the US?

Thank you,
Andy

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#13]
All I have to said is... PUT A PRE-ORDER NOW
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh hey, it's this thread again.

Guess I'll post some videos and shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBvtD-09Oi4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frtH7tMEU_E

Canada is already getting them in. People over at Canadiangunnutz posted reviews on theirs. They seem to really like them.

One dude even bought three of them because he liked them so much.

He ran 4000 rounds through his. He had two hangups, and they were the first two rounds fired, which were frangible ammunition.

Size comparison to P30

ETA : Can't wait until these get imported. Especially can't wait for the combat version.

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh damn that's cool
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I very much want one as a 9mm to keep my 45 company.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Id like to finger bang one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#18]
How much longer?
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Grip looks like crap and uncomfortable. Looks like a 300$ gun if that.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree that the grip does look uncomfortable, but all the reviews I've read say that it's actually very comfortable. Even with the production guns having the elongated beaver-tail and the sort of piece that protrudes into the web of your hand, they don't feel it rub wrong, and they seem to prefer it to the original, non-beavertail version.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why should it be any different than the Glock it was cloned from?
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 9:46:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Not sure if this has been linked or not but there's a video here showing the gun in action some.

http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/products/strike-pistol-system/

Interesting looking pistol.  I look forward to them shipping and reading some reviews of them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#23]
This may be relevant to OP, and anyone else interested in the pistol.

http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/news/9

Arsenal Firearms is proud to announce that the United States Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has approved the AF-1 Strike One semiautomatic pistol for imports in the United States of America. The revolutionary lock and higher performance pistol, entirely manufactured in Italy by Arsenal Firearms, already on widespread distribution worldwide, will soon start shipping to the USA as well.

Arsenal Firearms, through International Firearm Corporation, will soon start selecting Authorized Arsenal Dealers across the United States. International Firearm Corporation’s new shipment of AF-2011’s and the highly anticipated AF-1 Strike One in 9mm is expected by September 2014. All Arsenal Firearms products and accessories will be channeled to the US market via the newly consolidated partnership with Mr. Raymond “Tony” Mussatto, owner and CEO of Tony’s Custom Creations LLC (importer of record) and IFC (International Firearm Corporation). Both companies are located in Oklahoma City, OK, an ideal city as it is strategically and centrally located in the United States. This location will allow for great flexibility in distribution and service to all parts of the U.S. America will quickly take note of a newly-formed company that places customer service at a level that surpasses any in the United States’ firearm industry.

Tony’s Custom Creations and International Firearm Corporation will also act in total synergy and tight contact with Arsenal Firearms of Italy as a state-of-the-art warranty service center while also providing spare parts and accessories. IFC will also be Arsenal Firearms' U.S. custom shop for all firearms imported to the United States. IFC will offer specialty accessories, engraving capability, and an exclusive line of AF products. For more information, please contact International Firearm Corporation in Oklahoma City, OK at [email protected] or call 405-642-9975, or 405-642-2394.

You can also go to http://www.arsenalfirearms.com/. Change is coming to the United States of America. Stay connected.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:09:09 PM EDT
[#24]
It's blatant rip off of the Glock design. All they did was lower the bore height, and curve the longer grip.Good luck on concealing it, the grip is nearly impossible to hide.

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's blatant rip off of the Glock design. All they did was lower the bore height, and curve the longer grip.Good luck on concealing it, the grip is nearly impossible to hide.
View Quote

you shouldn't talk out your ass.  you aren't very good at it.  completely different internals and design.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

Personally...I think they ripped off Kel-tec...

It really does look like a PMR...or maybe Kel-tec ripped them off...I really don't care.  Glock can just take it as a patronizing.  I'm a diehard Glock guy too...

I spoke to Tony today, and he said they expect them to start arriving to the shop mid-August to mid-September.

Can't wait!

I plan on doing a side-by-side video comparison to my Gen 2 Glock 17.

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

you shouldn't talk out your ass.  you aren't very good at it.  completely different internals and design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why do you resort to name calling? You must be on the hook for one. As for talking out of my ass, some of the internals are different, but it's still a rip off of a Glock, from the trigger safety to the metal lined rails. You see I kept it within the COC, maybe you should to.

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Why do you resort to name calling? You must be on the hook for one. As for talking out of my ass, some of the internals are different, but it's still a rip off of a Glock, from the trigger safety to the metal lined rails. You see I kept it within the COC, maybe you should to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a shit ton of polymer framed guns with metal lined rails, and a shit ton of striker fired guns that use that type of trigger safety.  If you are a Glock guy, fine.  But more competition is always a good thing.  If you don't like it, no one is going to force you to buy it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

The way the the barrel locks up is completely different from the modified Browning tilting barrel design Glocks use. The locking block and barrel are two separate pieces. The barrel moves rearward slightly, and the locking block falls down. The locking block is placed forward of the trigger bar, unlike most other pistols where it sits atop it. That's why the bore-axis is lower. The barrel also essentially lacks a feed ramp, as the round essentially sits parallel with the barrel whenever it's ready to chamber.

Also, the standard model isn't really for conceal carry. They have a "combat" version that's 7mm shorter than a Glock 19. (Glock 19 is 127mm tall, and the Combat version of the Strike One is 120.)
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saying you are talking out your ass isn't calling you a name.  I am quite familiar with the COC.  Been here a helluva lot longer than you bub.  I'd also make sure I know about a product before spouting off that it is a rip off of another design as these other posters will tell you.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Saying you are talking out your ass isn't calling you a name.  I am quite familiar with the COC.  Been here a helluva lot longer than you bub.  I'd also make sure I know about a product before spouting off that it is a rip off of another design as these other posters will tell you.  

http://www.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/strike_one_blown_up1.jpg
<a href="http://s23.photobucket.com/user/kombayotch/media/Shot%20Show/Shot%20Show%202013/Strike_One_12_zpsa5468ac8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/kombayotch/Shot%20Show/Shot%20Show%202013/Strike_One_12_zpsa5468ac8.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s23.photobucket.com/user/kombayotch/media/Shot%20Show/Shot%20Show%202013/Strike_One_12_zpsa5468ac8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b356/kombayotch/Shot%20Show/Shot%20Show%202013/Strike_One_12_zpsa5468ac8.jpg</a>

In the pictures you posted, you can also see the rails on the barrel that match up with rails within the frame that allow the barrel to slide back and forth. You can also see that the locking block and barrel are two separate pieces.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 5:15:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Ive spent a lot of time in russian aircraft, driven many russian cars, and spent years in places built by russian civil engineering. Even if you do not have similar experiences most of you have probably shot an AK. Compare the craftsmanship of an AK to an AR or an SKS to a garand, a mosin to an 03, a nagant to a model 10...

anyone who plunks down $800 for this russian garbage needs their head examined.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:04:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ive spent a lot of time in russian aircraft, driven many russian cars, and spent years in places built by russian civil engineering. Even if you do not have similar experiences most of you have probably shot an AK. Compare the craftsmanship of an AK to an AR or an SKS to a garand, a mosin to an 03, a nagant to a model 10...

View Quote

It's being made in Italy, but whatever.

Also, who pays MSRP for anything?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 6:30:50 AM EDT
[#34]
LOL.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Very interesting gun, but I'm holding off on this one until it's been on the market for a couple of years and the price drops by about $500.

Thanks to all willing to be the beta testers.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Very interesting gun, but I'm holding off on this one until it's been on the market for a couple of years and the price drops by about $500.

View Quote

The MSRP is $800

You want it for $300?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The MSRP is $800

You want it for $300?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The MSRP is $800

You want it for $300?

MSRP:

VP9: $719
P320: $713
Glock 17: $599
XDM9: $573
M&P9FS: $569
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

MSRP:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The MSRP is $800

You want it for $300?

MSRP:

I don't really understand what you're getting at.

I can't find any of those going for $300.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Just tagging this to see what happens when they hit the market.

Curious gun has me curious....
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Italy? Well shit, sign me up!!!

Russian stuff is crap. It doesnt matter where its built.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The MSRP is $800

You want it for $300?

MSRP:

I'm getting at $800 being an absurd MSRP price foe what it is. If HK can post theirs for $719 then a company with no track record dealer network is obviously courting the Rusty Shacklfords (ie: This gun is used by the Spetnaz, so it's obviously the best thing ever).
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#42]
What's the import marking going to look like.  I want one, but not with "tony's custom creations" on the damn side of it
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

What's the import marking going to look like.  I want one, but not with "tony's custom creations" on the damn side of it
View Quote

No, it won't have his company's name on it.  My guess is that "International Firearm Corporation" will be engraved somewhere as the actual importer.

Just my guess...

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It used to be posting info that is incorrect as fact in a tech forum was against the CoC as well ( what you posted ).

This forum really isnt moderated any more though, so carry on I guess
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh... the same company produces these, as well as miniature firearms :

Don't really consider it Russian crap, but that's just me.

I'm also fairly certain that Nicola Bandini, the CEO of Arsenal Firearms, and co-designer of the Strike One is Italian, if that changes anything.

He's from Italy, and the co-founder of the company, Dimitry Streshinskiy, is Russian.

I'm pretty sure they wanted to set up production in Russia as well as Italy so that they could sell to both the Russian military (they're trying to become the standard service pistol) as well as the rest of the world. The pistols produced for the Russian military are produced in Russia, and the ones for the consumer market are produced in Italy, if I'm not mistaken.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#46]
They're....cute!  I really want some of these!  The detail...

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#48]
These guns aren't even close to what everyone knows as Russian, not to mention they aren't Russian built, they are Italian.  The Russian guy that builds these miniatures is good, insanely good. Those miniatures are exact copies of the big ones just on a smaller scale.  They are hand built and works of art, that are insanely expensive and collected by the top collectors in the world.  There's an episode of Tac-TV with Larry Vickers (pretty sure that it was on Tac-TV) where Larry goes to where they build the "double barrel 1911" and are building the Strike One and Legend rifles.  If you want to see where the Strike One really comes from and what kind of facility and QC they have watch the show instead of buying into the trash talk here based out of someone's arse.  I have no need for another 9mm but after seeing the real story behind the Strike One I'd be inclined to check out one if I did need one.  Only time will tell if they perform as well as advertised but that's any gun, at least Arsenal has a reputation for extremely high quality so I'm betting these guns will perform as well or better than currently available top choices.

I'm guessing it's available online somewhere but I have no idea where.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 2:36:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

WTF, arfcom told me the Beretta 92 is huge?  That is way smaller than a GLOCK 19!

Quoted:
ETA : Can't wait until these get imported. Especially can't wait for the combat version.

You realize 10x28 is a less lethal cartridge, not 10mm Auto (10x25mm).

Unless you are looking for a very expensive way to shoot rubber ball and gas cartridges.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Strike One is a GLOCK rip off in the same way all other polymer, striker fired pistols are GLOCK rip offs.  They are far from the first to be inspired buy the GLOCK design

The Strike One does however utilize a novel operating mechanism, a sliding block lock up.  So it is much less derivative that all the other derivatives.

It is neat they can get that a mechanism into a low profile form.  Although it does appear wider in the slide than a GLOCK 9mm platform, more like the Steyr M9.

Not enough good side by side pictures yet to be sure.

If they make it here and are around for any time I might be interested in one.  But I wount be selling anything I currently have in anticipation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQjcMl0sYcI

Still also want a GSh-18.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top