Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2011 2:27:53 PM EDT
Has it ever been released for sale?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope, its the handgun equivelent of the magpul masada.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Akin to the nuclear powered automobile.

It takes more time for VLTOR to figure out how to make a Bren Ten pistol, than it takes Newport News Shipbuilding to construct a nuclear powered aircraft carrier!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The curse strikes again.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm curious as well...

Someone posted about it on thehighroad.org on 10/28/10 about how he had already prepaid for 2 of them and was calling Vltor to find out whats going on.

"Today I talked to Vltor on the phone about the pistol. First I was told to contact the distributor for information. Well, I felt that that was a way to get me off the phone and leave them alone, so I persisted. Why not get the information from the source, them?? After a pause, while the nice lady on the phone talked to someone else, I was told they are not even working on the pistols."

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-551832.html

The didn't show their Bren 10 at Shot 2011 or mention anything about it either right?  Doesn't look good, doubt it will be any time soon if ever.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
NO market.
they stopped working on the gun months ago if not over a year ago to fill military orders.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Vaporware.

I pre-ordered one Feb. of '10 on the first day you could do so. They were originally giving a release date of May. May came and went with no guns. They then gave a release date of July. July came and went with no guns. I canceled my order and got my money back, as did a lot of folks. I kept up a little over on the Bren Ten forums and found out they were giving a new release date of October or November. That was six months ago and still no guns. I would be surprised if they ever get released.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:03:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Are there not many of the originals? I can't recall ever seeing one in person, though that doesn't say much. The gun shops around here are....not very good, I'll say to be nice, and I don't really do the gun show thing so.....nope never.   BD
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:32:10 AM EDT
[#8]
The original company never made that many of them, maybe a few thousand from what I've heard.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#9]
What a scumbag company.  Fuck them and buy a CZ or a Witness, close enough.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes becuase a POS 10mm is more important than gear for our military.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:36:40 AM EDT
[#11]
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's no lack of companies willing to make gear for the military, VLTOR simply chose the more lucrative contract.  I don't blame them for it, but let's be honest, it was a money decision.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The original company never made that many of them, maybe a few thousand from what I've heard.

and mags are RARE. Many came w/o mags, bc another company was supposed to make them later.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm curious as well...

Someone posted about it on thehighroad.org on 10/28/10 about how he had already prepaid for 2 of them and was calling Vltor to find out whats going on.

"Today I talked to Vltor on the phone about the pistol. First I was told to contact the distributor for information. Well, I felt that that was a way to get me off the phone and leave them alone, so I persisted. Why not get the information from the source, them?? After a pause, while the nice lady on the phone talked to someone else, I was told they are not even working on the pistols."

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-551832.html

The didn't show their Bren 10 at Shot 2011 or mention anything about it either right?  Doesn't look good, doubt it will be any time soon if ever.

Well... I own 2 originals, and pre paid for 5 of the VLTOR Brens.... All I can say is I Ihave my money back, epic fail. I waited OVER A YEAR, and bailed on that mess.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Are there not many of the originals? I can't recall ever seeing one in person, though that doesn't say much. The gun shops around here are....not very good, I'll say to be nice, and I don't really do the gun show thing so.....nope never.   BD

1450 originals...

I have 2, both paperweights

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and mags are RARE. Many came w/o mags, bc another company was supposed to make them later.

No they are not rare. You have to know where to look and know who has them for sale.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I really wanted one, but I don't think they will ever happen.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I really wanted one, but I don't think they will ever happen.

Email them and ask.....
Link Posted: 5/4/2011 4:41:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no lack of companies willing to make gear for the military, VLTOR simply chose the more lucrative contract.  I don't blame them for it, but let's be honest, it was a money decision.  

It was the smarter choice.
Link Posted: 5/4/2011 4:56:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It was the smarter choice.

If you understood how this whole thing was handled, and had an interest in the gun, you would understand...Obviously you do not.
Link Posted: 5/4/2011 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they should have just stayed with military products instead of teasing something they had no intention of following through on and taking payment for.  As someone else said, there are plenty of companies who make military gear.
Link Posted: 5/4/2011 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they should have just stayed with military products instead of teasing something they had no intention of following through on and taking payment for.  As someone else said, there are plenty of companies who make military gear.

And just how many make the M-32?
Link Posted: 5/4/2011 12:47:54 PM EDT
[#24]
It would be a different matter if they had of said "We make military equipment and have no time for the civilian market", but the took pre-orders and then never delivered. I think the military is more important than another 10MM (which I wanted), but taking money and never delivering is a bad business practice.
Link Posted: 5/4/2011 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Throwing the military into this situationis just stupid. Obviously they let their mouths overload their a**es. They need to man up and handle this in a professional manner.
Link Posted: 5/4/2011 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It would be a different matter if they had of said "We make military equipment and have no time for the civilian market", but the took pre-orders and then never delivered. I think the military is more important than another 10MM (which I wanted), but taking money and never delivering is a bad business practice.

There are other, and arguably better, 10mm handguns on the market.  S&W had three (two autos and a revolver), Glock is still in production, CZ, Dan Wesson, Colt Delta is back, Tangfolio, plus a handful of other 1911 clones in 10mm
Link Posted: 5/4/2011 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I really wanted one. I read their stupid blog all the time to see when they would be released. I also buy a lot of AR stuff. Needless to say I will not purchase any vltor shit from now on.  Thanks for pissing me off.
Link Posted: 5/4/2011 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are other, and arguably better, 10mm handguns on the market.  S&W had three (two autos and a revolver), Glock is still in production, CZ, Dan Wesson, Colt Delta is back, Tangfolio, plus a handful of other 1911 clones in 10mm

Smith and Wesson at least in the last 2 or 3 years was selling a 310 and 610 revolver with multiple barrel lengths. Have a 6 inch 610 myself. Glock has the 20 and 29 in both fs and sf versions, EA makes a 10mm and you have a few 1911s from various vendors. I have a sw 1006 and 610, colt delta elite, and glock 20fs(sf wasn't out when I got mine). I was looking forward to the new ben ten if they got it out at a fair price. Gave up on them a while ago. If Sig would only make a factory p220 in 10mm or if I could get a M&P 10mm based off their M&P45 I'd be happy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Engineering can be a juggling act of resources.  Qualified designers, assembly line, QA, facilities, money, time.  It is not necessarily in sync with marketing.  Business landscapes are ever changing.  Management comes and goes.  For the most part, a company is going to make decisions based on what is good for the company.  This does include customer satisfaction and I'm sure they don't wish to alienate people, but profitability is a necessity.  I suspect they thought they would, thought they might, wished they could, and finally threw in the towel.    If a company says they are absolutely going to do something come hell or high water regardless of what is in their evolving best interest,  you won't be buying anything from them.  They won't be in business long.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Engineering can be a juggling act of resources.  Qualified designers, assembly line, QA, facilities, money, time.  It is not necessarily in sync with marketing.  Business landscapes are ever changing.  Management comes and goes.  For the most part, a company is going to make decisions based on what is good for the company.  This does include customer satisfaction and I'm sure they don't wish to alienate people, but profitability is a necessity.  I suspect they thought they would, thought they might, wished they could, and finally threw in the towel.    If a company says they are absolutely going to do something come hell or high water regardless of what is in their evolving best interest,  you won't be buying anything from them.  They won't be in business long.

Communication is key here. Handled abysmally, and alienated customers which affected their revenue stream. Business fail. If you cannot produce an item I have one word of advice... Fucking say so... How hard is that?
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Communication is key here. Handled abysmally, and alienated customers which affected their revenue stream. Business fail. If you cannot produce an item I have one word of advice... Fucking say so... How hard is that?

Did you notice how the gun has been listed in gun buyer's guides FOR YEARS?  Plenty of opportunity to state that it is a no go.  If Vltor is such a successful military products company, why did they have to take deposits on the guns?  Why not make them and bring them to market like everybody else?
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#32]
The only reason I wanted one because Sonny Crockett looked so cool using it way back on Miami Vice. Last one I saw was at a gunshow in the late 80s. I found this March 21, 2011 release on their website. Hell if I can figure out exactly what they're saying!
http://vltor.wordpress.com/
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The only reason I wanted one because Sonny Crockett looked so cool using it way back on Miami Vice. Last one I saw was at a gunshow in the late 80s. I found this March 21, 2011 release on their website. Hell if I can figure out exactly what they're saying!
http://vltor.wordpress.com/

Lemme know when you translate that.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#34]
They're saying that Sporting Products pulled out because they got sick of VLTOR's shit and customers bailing on the pre-orders.
Link Posted: 5/8/2011 2:23:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you notice how the gun has been listed in gun buyer's guides FOR YEARS?  Plenty of opportunity to state that it is a no go.  If Vltor is such a successful military products company, why did they have to take deposits on the guns?  Why not make them and bring them to market like everybody else?

Unfortunately this is not unique in the firearms world.  Lots of vaporware.   Ultimately, the consumer has to be cautious regarding their purchases of unknown and untested items.  This is one of the reasons that certain highly reliable brands that continue to deliver get such praise.  Also, before the internet was a large factor in providing info to buyers, this was a much thicker field of BS to waddle through.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2011 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Maybe someone from that company can chime in and tell us what is going on.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top