Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2010 4:14:44 PM EDT
I currently have a glock 19 and I am wanting one more 9mm to round out my collection before I start building my 1911.  I am looking at the sig p226 and the fnx-9.  I have picked them both up and like both a lot.  For many reasons I could choose either.  The FNH seems like a sig for half the price, but it is polymer.  What do you my constituents think and why?  I am wanting an external hammer weapon becasue I already have an internal hammer.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried the S&W M&P 9.  If I was not going to carry a Glock it would be my 2nd option.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
i've shot the M&P and its nice weapon.  I am just gunning for an external hammer weapon since i already have a glock and two other xd's
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 6:45:36 AM EDT
[#3]
There are a lot of good things about the FNX: exposed hammer, manual safety, interchangeable grip inserts, etc.  Biggest downside would be the lack of plentiful accessories for it.

The FNX is what I would pick if I had to choose right now.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd go with the Sig, personally.  I've never been a hige fan of FN pistols... they just "don't do it for me."  That's just me, though...
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#5]

i've had a 226 and now a fnx 9.  to be honest i like the fnx more.  why?  it has a lower bore axis, is smaller, it's lighter, has an aggressive grip, and is easier to conceal.  the things i don't like about the fnx is the adjustable back strap lock up and the lack of aftermarket accessories (i.e. mags and holsters).   though i did make my own kydex holster for it (similar to the raven phantom).

i haven't had any malfunctions yet with my FNX (about 500 rounds) and didn't have any with my 226 either when i had it.  the only reason i sold my 226 was for concealed carry reasons and to be honest if i was wealthy i would have kept it and just used it as a range gun.  hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Just skip those two and get a 1911.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#7]
this...

Quoted:
The FNH seems like a sig for half the price, but it is polymer...

and...

Quoted:
...i like the fnx more.  why?  it has a lower bore axis, is smaller, it's lighter, has an aggressive grip, and is easier to conceal...

i don't own either, but i have shot both... if i had to choose between the two, i would most likely go with the FNX for above mentioned reasons... as other people have posted already, about the only downside to the FNX is a lack of aftermarket accessories (holsters and mags.)
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#8]
thats pretty much what i was wanting to know thanks a lot.  I think I am gonna get the FNX or the FNP cause there is a steal for one a my local shop. $400 for the gun and seven (7) mags out the door.  I know the history of the sigs but the price keeps pulling me back to the value.  Like I said I got a g19 and a kahr cw9 for concealment.  the fnh will be the fun gun.  Then I build anohter 1911....hmmm 1911......
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#9]
P226. It's a proven design.
Link Posted: 10/23/2010 5:50:19 AM EDT
[#10]
The FNX-9 is a turd. I bought a NIB FNX & sold in a week later. Creepy single action trigger, heavy stacking double action pull, an iffy mag catch, & horrible sights. I can believe that this gun is supposed to be an improvement of the FNP. Get the Sig or M&P. Better yet, just stick with the G19 & put the money toward your 1911 build.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top