Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked POST YOUR BHP PICS! (Page 16 of 16)
Page / 16
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Belgian rebuilt Inglis Hi Power.  Both watch and pistol were my Dads.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
...U2, Syngman Rhee, Payola and Kennedy
Chubby Checker, Psycho, Belgians in the Congo...

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:50:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Joescuba] [#5]
Attachment Attached File

Lightweight P-35 made in 1979 with an early Milt Sparks Summer Special. I've had it since 1984.  Pickedit up while working the 1984 Olympics. I had it refinished and added some new grips as a brithday present.

Regards
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/31/2022 6:17:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Browning Hi-Power which really needs a new finish, probably made in the 1970s.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is a quick sample as I was getting some new grips added on to some of my HPs. Figured I’d share…….

Browning Hi-Power
SA 35 w/ SFS
Girsan MC P35 Match
Girsan MC P35 PI w/ SFS

Link Posted: 4/17/2023 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Israeli HP
Sent it to Novaks for sight install and slide bluing. I added the BH Spring Solutions trigger.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joescuba:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37487/IMG_2979_jpg-2234155.JPG

Lightweight P-35 made in 1979 with an early Milt Sparks Summer Special. I've had it since 1984.  Pickedit up while working the 1984 Olympics. I had it refinished and added some new grips as a brithday present.

Regards
View Quote

@Joescuba

Well, that's interesting.  All of the LW Hi Powers I've seen in that serial number range for that year and with the 215 prefix have been from a Belgian contract, including one that I just recently picked up.  I'm curious about the original finish and stocks that came with it when you bought it. The police ones had the slide, hammer, safety, and sights finished in the black enamel paint over Parkerizing finish (mine and many others have had a second coat of paint applied by Belgian armorers that isn't as well done as the factory finish); a black anodized frame; the barrel left in the white and polished; and most of the other small parts having a highly polished blue finish like what you might see on a commercial gun.  Mine came with black plastic stocks with the left one having provision for a lanyard ring, as did the frame, but with no ring installed (and no evidence that the pistol was ever used with one installed).  Was yours set up for a lanyard ring and/or come with one, originally?

What did you have done for refinishing?

I'm considering refinishing mine (either in the original style from the factory or MK3's bluing black Cerakot finish) and doing work on it that may require some modifications to the slide, at least (for more visible sights) in addition to a C&S no-bite ring hammer and sear, trigger job, new stocks (wood), installation of an FN extended ambi safety, and installation of a lanyard ring.  I haven't had a chance to shoot hollowpoints through it, yet, so it remains to be seen whether or not the humpback feed ramp can stay or not, but it could use some polishing (despite how polished the rest of it is).

My new Hi Power below:

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 8:40:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Joescuba] [#12]
That P-35 is strange.  The 215 prefix means it was produced when the assembly line was set up to produce military contracts.  That P-35 was made in 1979.  It was new, came with a flat black/dark gray frame and military enamel over a park slide.  The frame has no means for lanyard ring. It had Pachmayr grips. It feeds HPs all day long without any mods from day one. I purchased (expat diplomat) it while working CT for the 84 LA summer Olympics.  It was nice TDY.  Worked with FBI HRT, LA Swat, and got to observe the LAPD SIS.  I  saw some interesting felony take downs with SIS.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Got a Hebrew Hi Power a few years ago. Took joescuba's good advice and got the Novaks treatment.

Mike was great and called me a couple times to make sure I knew what he was doing and also replaced a cracked fp retainer. Was patient too since I was in SE Asia at the time and I typically got back to him a day later. Great service

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2023 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By dedreckon:
Got a Hebrew Hi Power a few years ago. Took joescuba's good advice and got the Novaks treatment.

Mike was great and called me a couple times to make sure I knew what he was doing and also replaced a cracked fp retainer. Was patient too since I was in SE Asia at the time and I typically got back to him a day later. Great service

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239278/20230501_171250_jpg-2802788.JPG
View Quote

Looks good.  I bet that it is a tack driver.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dedreckon:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239278/20230501_171250_jpg-2802788.JPG

Took it to the range finally.  Shoots well. Low and right, but that may be my shitty lefty shooting.  More accurate than I can shoot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#17]
How I received it, rubber grips and 10rd mags:
Attachment Attached File

And with the BH Spring Solutions treatment:
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#18]
My only hi power

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:25:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tirador223] [#19]
First post in six months on this thread?  I'm feeling like a serious dinosaur with my walnut and steel pistol, but will still post this in appreciation of the BHP.

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:09:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Innawoods_larper] [#20]
Picked up this C series Hi Power recently. By far the most aesthetic pistol I own.

Page / 16
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked POST YOUR BHP PICS! (Page 16 of 16)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top