Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2017 7:59:36 PM EDT
I'm trying to get some history for my old Hi Power.  It's in good shape (80-85%), and seems to be original. 
It has a four digit serial number, a standard grip (no slot), and fixed sights.  No Nazi markings.  It has the spur hammer - not a loop. 
Any thoughts as to the manufacture date?  Any way to tell if it was produced in occupied Belgium? 
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it have the "thumbprint" on the right side of the slide?
Any markings on the heel/butt?

If made in Occupied Belgium it would have Waffenampts.

The spur hammer is not correct, should be a ring hammer.

Internal extractors and the "thumbprint" were discontinued around 1962.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks for the info.  Knowing what to look for (internal extractor, thumbprint, heel markings...) really helps. 
- No thumbprint on the side.
- The bottom front of the butt is marked "LGKT" with  "0780" underneath. 
- No Waffenampts. 
- If FN discontinued the thumbprint a couple of years -before- the internal extractor, mine was probably made in the early 1960s. 

I scoured the internet, and found that "LGKT" indicates LandesGendarmerieKommando, Tirol (Rural Police Command, Tirol). 

Here's a similar Hi Power on Gunbroker that says it was made in 1955.  Based on your info, and other stuff on the net, I don't think that date is correct.  I can't believe the price!!
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/651207471
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Condition, rarity and accessories. For hardcore HP collectors that is a good one. Glad I'm a accumulator and not a collector.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  Knowing what to look for (internal extractor, thumbprint, heel markings...) really helps. 
- No Waffenampts. 
- If FN discontinued the thumbprint a couple of years -before- the internal extractor, mine was probably made in the early 1960s. 

I scoured the internet, and found that "LGKT" indicates LandesGendarmerieKommando, Tirol (Rural Police Command, Tirol). 

Here's a similar Hi Power on Gunbroker that says it was made in 1955.  Based on your info, and other stuff on the net, I don't think that date is correct.  I can't believe the price!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- No Waffenampts. 

I wouldn't go anywhere close to two grand on that auction. For one the rear sight looks to be a MKII rear sight and someone has monkeyed with the front sight by putting grooves in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top