Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2017 7:09:45 PM EDT
I recently bought a 2013-vintage Mk III that was nearly NIB. It fits me well, but I'd like to dress it up a bit. I intend to make it a "pretty range gun"- shooting it often, but I don't intend it to be an EDC.

I have some Nill grips for my bullseye 41, and I was looking at the HP grips available, specifically FN035, ambi safety (I'd like to get the FN0358 Rhomlas texture, but it doesn't seem to be available any more).

While surfing through the grips on EBay, there were some (FUD?) comments about thin HP wood grips cracking in general. Since I haven't had a HP for very long, I thought I'd ask...

- Does anyone have Nill HP grips? Will I run any risk of cracking them with normal range shooting (i.e. thinness)?
- Where should I order them from? There's direct off the Nill site,  and then there's MacTec, which looks like they're just a middleman for Nill.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:48:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I have them on 2 of my HP's.  Easily my favorite grips.  Not too thin at all.  Just as substantial as all other Nill grips I've handled.

Got my from MacTec.  Happy with their service and prompt response to inquiries.

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I put a set on my T series BHP and like them. They are comfortable to shoot and the quality is excellent. Mine are not ambi, but that option is available. Since this gun is mostly a safe queen that was my Dad's,  I'm still in the hunt for reasonably priced OEM grips that are true to the time period of the gun.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top