Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2017 10:54:52 PM EDT
I asked them to hard-fit a Bar-Sto threaded barrel. I got it back a few weeks ago but didn't really have a chance to run it at the range until today. It was a..I think it was a Spec-Ops package build? Had it done a year or two ago, and just sent it back to have the threaded barrel fit.

I took it out with two different cans.

The AAC Illusion is an eccentric design; the bulk of the tube is beneath the center of the bore, which means you can actually use it's sights...it's lower than the other mainstream eccentric offering, the Osprey, which doesn't always clear the sights. Shooting "through the can" with the sights isn't that big of a deal, but this works around the problem nicely.

The Griffin Armament Resistance 9 obviously is not an eccentric can, but it is noticeably shorter than the AAC...and a bit heavier as the baffles are all steel. Which is nice; it means I can shoot LRN out of it if I want and still get it reasonably clean using an ultrasonic cleaner. The weight difference is negligible, IMO.

Both were just about equally quiet; I really couldn't separate them based on sound. Then again I only went out there with 150 rounds today...I need to hit the reloading machine this weekend

Also - this BHP is now hands-down my new favorite suppressor host. No mess. None. No carbon all over my hands from out the slide stop or ejection port; no spray / blowback to the face...none of that stuff. Same behaviour with both cans. I've had both cans on other hosts before and none of them were anywhere as neat and clean as this thing was. Obviously it was dirty inside but almost none of it made it's way onto my hands while shooting. I was truly impressed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:06:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice! That is just damn sexy as hell. I would also love to see some video.

Did you buy the barrel and send to them or did they get it?
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 6:27:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I had to buy the barrel and send to them; they don't stock any threaded barrels. I asked when I had the gun first worked over.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been wanting to do this for a few years but the availability of threaded 9mm barrels has been a problem. Usually everyone seems to be out of stock. Now that Barstow has them, my budget doesn't allow. I may just have to bite the bullet and order one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Bar-sto only does their runs once a year or so, so they might have them in stock, they might not. If you give them a call and ask I'm sure they can tell you...otherwise, you can place your order, get on the list, and wait for the next run. Fortunately it's not exactly a high-demand item so there's a good chance they'll have either a hard-fit or drop-in in stock...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top