Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2017 8:48:35 PM EDT
I picked up a pair of lightly worn forged frame MKIII pistols recently and sent them to Novak's for their Spec Ops package. They turned out great and I am very happy with them.

I have around 500 rounds through each so far with no hiccups. I stuck with the basic Spec Ops package with two changes, I had Novak's add their excellent single side safety and had them fit some VZ grips instead of the Spegel's that they normally provide.

Turn around time was less than 6 weeks and very reasonable.

Here are some pics.

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#1]
You have a couple of fantastic looking pistols. Thanks for posting them!
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd have stayed with Spegels, but damn! Nice pair.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd have stayed with Spegels, but damn! Nice pair.
View Quote
I have tried a few pairs of them in the past. They are beautifully made and fit the pistols great but with the palm swell they don't fit my small hands comfortably.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow.  Those are sweet!  I may have to send my only one to Novak's.
-Craig
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Novak's is an old school company that a lot of people forget about with all the whiz bang plastic surgeon pistol cutters out there.  

He does some of the best work out there.  

Nice pieces.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 8:36:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Novak's is an old school company that a lot of people forget about with all the whiz bang plastic surgeon pistol cutters out there.  

He does some of the best work out there.  

Nice pieces.
View Quote
Truth.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Those sure look nice, but is there an option to not have the Novak billboard engraved on the slide?  That's the only thing I don't care for.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow!
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Those sure look nice, but is there an option to not have the Novak billboard engraved on the slide?  That's the only thing I don't care for.
View Quote
Don't know, I didn't ask.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Did NOVAK stop offering custom services?  I cannot find anything other than the NOVAKSIGHTS.COM now/
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did NOVAK stop offering custom services?  I cannot find anything other than the NOVAKSIGHTS.COM now/
View Quote
You need to call them, they don't have their HP services on their website.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You need to call them, they don't have their HP services on their website.
View Quote
if you could PM me approx. prices I would appreciate it.  Might get some work done to my forged MK3
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:06:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
if you could PM me approx. prices I would appreciate it.  Might get some work done to my forged MK3
View Quote
I don't have their price list but if you email them I think they will send to you. I got the Spec Ops package with a few mods, I deleted the Spegel grips and added a Novak safety. It was right around $1200 for the package per pistol.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
The website got hacked and they don't care to make a new one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Beautiful pistols my friend, are the barrels stock?
I noticed Nighthawk uses the stock barrels on their Hi Powers.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, the stock barrels. Novak did crown them as part of the package.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top