Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2017 8:18:40 AM EDT
I am going today to look at a BHP.  This is my first ever BHP.

The only picture:

Some details:
Described as "beautiful gun, excellent shape"
"Belgium made"
"Probably pre-68 due to no import markings, just proof stamp"
I noticed it has the ring hammer and not flat.

When I go to see it in person, what should I look out for?

If it is in fact in excellent condition, what is a good ballpark value?

Thanks for your time and help, I just don't know a lot of BHPs.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a commercial T-Series if serial number starts with a T. They should not have import markings even if manufactured before 1968. Made from 1964-72/74. Or a C Series that went from 1969 to 75. If a C Series serial number will start with a C. The T's are regarded as the finest years for the Hi-Power's. Make sure grips are painted red on inside, matching serial numbers too. The black leather Browning pouch if included brings up to another $100 extra if in excellent condition. I'm not telling you what to offer, but if in excellent condition $800 and up. Easily. Check out gunbroker and other auction sites to see the prices T and C serial numbers are commanding. Nice looking pistol shown. I don't shoot my T Series pistols. Investment safe queens to me. Good luck.

Here's a picture of my 1968 T with magazine (grayish tint with Pi sign on spine). Doubtful your picture shown BHP would have more than one serial number on Gun i.e. frame, slide and barrel.

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I would agree with $800 and up.  I was thinking it would be about a $1K in my neck of the woods if excellent and with pouch, owners manual, etc.
-Craig
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The harsh contrast from the flash picture makes it tough to tell just how good the finish is. If it looks anything like the one wagsfn posted then I agree with the prices posted so far. I paid $475 several years ago for a 1959 internal extractor version with some holster wear and thought I got a good deal.

Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice John! And the price was righteous. Wow.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
...Probably pre-68 due to no import markings....
View Quote

The "Browning Arms Co." IS the import mark..........because that's all Browning does.
Fabrique Nationale of Belgium is the manufacturer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top