Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2016 6:38:00 PM EDT
I just removed the magazine safety, and now my trigger won't reset after the slide is racked. I have to physically move trigger forward by hand for it to reset. Any insight?
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC the return spring on the later HiPowers is pretty weak. It often needs the tension from the mag disconnect to work well. The early HiPowers used a stronger spring and do not have this issue. You might try ordering a old style reset spring.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
There is an extra power 2 coil trigger spring to replace the weaker 3 coil version.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome. I hadn't checked back on this, but after playing around with it I figured out the trigger spring wasn't pushing it back into place and had already ordered that spring. Thank you all for the help.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just removed the magazine safety, and now my trigger won't reset after the slide is racked. I have to physically move trigger forward by hand for it to reset. Any insight?
View Quote

You removed the trigger pin to perform the removal correct.  Ensure the trigger spring shown on the midway page (the midway picture is upside down by the way) is in the correct position.  The front hook on the inside of the frame before the trigger and the back part of the spring on the trigger bar keeping in in position to contact the sear lever.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 5:16:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Something is likely screwy if the original spring wont return the trigger. Something is likely binding.

I would pull the trigger back out and try putting it in again
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Something is likely screwy if the original spring wont return the trigger. Something is likely binding.

View Quote

It will reset if I don't have my finger on the trigger at all. I can't feel any binding or snags on it when I move the trigger to reset manually.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You removed the trigger pin to perform the removal correct.  Ensure the trigger spring shown on the midway page (the midway picture is upside down by the way) is in the correct position.  The front hook on the inside of the frame before the trigger and the back part of the spring on the trigger bar keeping in in position to contact the sear lever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm assuming there's a pin holding the spring in place you have to drive out to replace the spring? Not at home and can't remember
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It will reset if I don't have my finger on the trigger at all. I can't feel any binding or snags on it when I move the trigger to reset manually.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im wondering if the return spring isn't in the right spot.

Even the light trigger springs always brought my trigger back.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's in the same little notch on the little bar that sticks up as it was before I took the mag disconnect out. It gets almost far enough to reset the trigger, but just not quite. I should have the new spring in Thursday so I guess I'll find out if it that fixes it or not.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, the new spring didn't help. I ordered the extra power pound spring but the packaging says it's the standard spring for pre mkiii hi powers? I'm a little confused.

ETA: bent the hook end of the spring down more and now it's working properly
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Correct. The older pre MKIII springs are stronger than the MKIII springs. So a older spring or the replacement from Wolff is a extra strength spring for a MKIII.

Kinda strange that it did not help without being "adjusted". Makes me wonder if there was something causing the trigger to bind other than a weak spring.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Did you put the magazine disconnect pin back in the trigger?  Maybe it is dragging.  David
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Did you put the magazine disconnect pin back in the trigger?  Maybe it is dragging.  David
View Quote

I did replace put the pin back in, but not the spring or disconnect
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top