Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2016 6:15:58 PM EDT
I am considering getting one installed because I have only two remaining complaints about the Hi Power - the lack of trigger reset, and the difficulty reloading under pressure(yes, I practice).  I don't have any trouble speed reloading my CZs, but I am constantly fumbling with my Hi Powers.  The smooth Mec Gar mags are better than the parkerized mousetraps, but I am looking for perfection.  No, I won't be installing it myself, I have 3 gunsmith friends that could/would do it.  If you have one, does it make reloading that much faster?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never touched a BHP wearing one. But I want one on my next high power.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have never touched a BHP wearing one. But I want one on my next high power.
View Quote

Well, that makes two of us.  Hopefully we'll get some feedback.  My one gunsmith friend said "no problem".
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Do it, post pics
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do it, post pics
View Quote

At $57 + free labor, I think I am going to do it.  Couldn't make it any worse.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 2:12:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Update:  I have decided not to do it after much research.  People say it doesn't make that much difference, and in some cases, you have to take material off the bottom of the grip, shortening it.  My Mark 3 is too valuable to go chopping it up.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Before I sent mine to C&S for other work I beveled the magwell with a file knowing it would be re-blued while there.  Made a nice difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top