Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2016 10:05:43 PM EDT
My birthday is coming up and I'm thinking of asking the wife for an FN Hi power MK2, the only thing I don't like about it is the small sights.

I like Novaks but I don't have to have those exactly, what are my options for larger sights on it if I get one and also, If I have to have it dovetailed, what should I expect to pay?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My birthday is coming up and I'm thinking of asking the wife for an FN Hi power MK2, the only thing I don't like about it is the small sights.

I like Novaks but I don't have to have those exactly, what are my options for larger sights on it if I get one and also, If I have to have it dovetailed, what should I expect to pay?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
View Quote

If you plan on replacing the sights don't get a MkII..........get a MKIII.
The front sight on MkII's is integral with the slide, the MkIII's have dovetailed front and rear.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#2]
One option for sights is to send the slide off to Novak and they'll install a set of their front and rear sights (including a front dovetail) and have it back to you in a couple-three weeks.  Last I knew.  You'd need to double check that time-line with them yourself.  But unless I was planning on having a 'smith do a bunch of other work on it, that's the way I'd go.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree that Novaks is GTG. I've had two Hi Powers grow sights in their shop, standard three dot non-adjustables, and my total bill including shipping was right at $200. The work was first rate. Now, you might call them and see what the price difference is if they have to grind off a front sight and then dovetail it. That will cost you a new refinish job also, in all likelihood.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Novak's is 100% GTG

I had my mark 2 done (Black rear/tritium front) and cant be happier with the results.

They removed the old beer can style sights and front sight, milled new dovetail slots and did a refinish on the cuts.  The new sights look factory installed for sure and there is no indication that the old ones were ever on the slide.

They had it turned in about 7 days.

Great service and really great work

Dont hesitate to use them.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Mines got Heinies. I hate Novaks.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top