Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2016 7:12:09 PM EDT
I have had this T-series HP since 1987 with about 7000 rounds through it.  

I clean out the firing pin channel every 6 months or so and noticed part of the retaining plate was missing.

replaced with a OEM part from Midwest Gun Works.  Needs some fitting but works like a champ.  Also got an extractor and spring to add to the spare parts

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a 1911 FP retainer break right in that spot before. I lost the bottom half however.

Ill have to pay closer attention to mine on my BHP now
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]

The FPRP IS an individual part that's known, but not frequently, to crack. Your FPRP is right at 50 years old...and likely still did it's job when it was replaced, I'd just shoot it another 50 years and call it good .....
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#3]
It will be shot until I am too decrepit to pull the trigger
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:13:10 AM EDT
[#4]
It is a fairly common part that breaks due to wear on BHPs. Browning directly is the cheapest source for parts. Order some recoil springs, grip screws etc... When you order your replacement.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I had an occupation Hi-Power with a cracked FPRP, but then again it was 70+ years old.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one break on my MKIII. Bought the pistol used so, no idea how many rounds went through prior to me but, the replacement parts has been in place for years now with no issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top