Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2016 6:22:53 PM EDT
I have a Charles Daly HP coming and I'd like to replace the XS sights with something else. Doing some Googling it looks like HPM serial numbered guns (which mine is) use 1911 Novak sights. If that's the case, what should I be looking for in a tritium set? It looks like Trijicon CA128Y should work but I don't want to pick the wrong height sights.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I put a set of those on one of my CD HPs.  115 gr. hits 2-3" inches above point of aim at 15 yards.  147 gr. hits 5-6 inches high at the same distance.  Haven't tried any 124-135 gr. in it yet, I just use 115s in it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 12:37:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I replaced the crappy xs sights on my CD with Novaks for the 1911........ definitely go with the highest front offered, I forget the actual dimension, but the tallest should bring groups pretty close for POA/POI. Mine is 2-3" high with a dead on holdat 20 yds and I can live with that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I ended up getting a set of CA128Y sights for $70ish from jet.com

I need to find someone to do the install though... The rear needs the screw but the front needs a little fitting. I don't want to screw anything up worse than the little bit of metal peening that happened when I tried using a universal sight pusher on the front so it's time for professional help.

Any suggestions where to send it? Novak only installs their branded sights, I already checked
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#4]
My rear pushed in with hard finger pressure.... good thing it has a set screw!

The front took a little filing on the bottom of the "blade"...... not the bottom of the dovetail portion. 1/2 hour with a good set of fine files, taking just a touch at a time and checking for clearance, and it's done! And probably with better care/fitting that any shop would do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top