Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2016 2:45:15 PM EDT
Thoughts? Definitely pricey but hoping to read some user reviews.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the concept, but hate the price and the safety.  It does breathe new life into an older design.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:40:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely an over priced BBQ gun.  A pistol to be looked at a lot and carried and shot very little.  The reshaped trigger and the beaver tail are great along with the textured grip but texture on top of the slide - no!  While I know they've massaged many parts of the gun the basic idea can be done cheaper from a good smith.  Think Garthwaithe, Novak, Laughridge, and a couple more my ole timers are forgetting.

My own has a C&S beaver tail and trigger job and once I get off my lazy arse and get it to a smith will have a Garthwaithe trigger and night sights.  It's my poor boy's budget version that I would be loathe to surrender to the authorities should I ever have to use it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#3]
It's cool that somebody is doing something with BHP's, but not really a fan of it.  

I think the stippling on the top of the slide is stupid, the beaver tail looks good though.

Also am I the only one who hates the look of Heinie cut sights?  The YoBo or Novak style look much better in my opinion, that little overhang on the back just looks weird to me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#4]
There are plenty of people who do Hi Power work, and like said above, IMHO at a better price for the work you get....My Hi Power is still with Mr. Williams at Actionworks, and IMHO, id rather him turn my Hi Power into a mechanical piece of art (That Im going to shoot the shit out of) than Nighthawk...

Not that I find anything wrong with Nighthawk...Garthwaite almost got my Hi Power, but had an extremely long wait time at the time I wanted work done......However, mine has been gone for about 9 months now...
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love the concept, but hate the price and the safety.  It does breathe new life into an older design.
View Quote

You would think for that price they would MAKE a much more user friendly safety.....Instead of using the crappy (ergonomic) stock safety.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 12:48:10 AM EDT
[#6]
It looks good, kinda wished they came out when I got mine, so I could compare it for purchase.

I just bought a new HP a year ago, always loved the looks of them. Now that I've shot one, I see why people get them worked on. I've got big meaty hands, especially in the web of the thumb. By the time I go through a couple boxes of ammo I'm pretty raw there. And that trigger..... not a fan of that mag safety, at all. Been thinking of sending it to Cylinder & Slide for a make over with a "no bite" hammer. But I noticed on the NH guns they have a pretty big beaver tail. Is that really necessary or is the modified hammer enough? BTW my gun won't be used for CCH, so I don't care how far it sticks out, just how much the frame work will cost. In other words, is the cost of the NH features worth the benefit?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top