Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2016 5:18:55 PM EDT
Just picked up a C&R FN Belgium Hi-Power and looking to get some info on it. S/N is 117XXX. Matching numbers all around very good condition, bluing is near perfect....grips are darker wood, but this could be due to the age of the gun.

Looking for info on date of manufacture, and possible value.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Absent close inspection, likely manufactured '64.....
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#2]
gratuitous pictures are necessary!
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I also picked up a C&R Hi-Power as well.  One of the last X-grades from Aim Surplus.  Serial number is 40xxx so probably made before the op's pistol.  All Belgian markings as far as I can tell but there may be an Israeli marking hiding somewhere.  Exterior has wear and a little bit of pitting.  Bore is excellent and shoots like a dream.  Only thing I need to do is remove the magazine disconnect.  Part of me wants to touch up the finish but I know that is verboten to A C&R

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
^^^Absent really close inspection, likely manufactured '52.....

I don't know that refinishing it...if that's what floats your boat , would be verboten as the barrel is likely...but not certainly, a replacement. The correct original barrel would have been SN'd...just a neatly and in the same font/size as on the slide/frame, on the port side. I said "likely" because an armorer might have added the SN to the exposed portion of the original barrel...either out of habit or as per SOP during servicing.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top