Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2016 11:13:54 PM EDT
I am going on to change out the sites on a mkIII and I do not see many alternatives. I would really like some night sites.  I would prefer not having to recut the slide. Recommendations appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
If its a recent surplus and the white is grey and chewed up, take a look at the FN in the picture in my post, Handgun Discussions, Shootability Freatures.

Sight bars filled with a Sally Hansen nylon filled bright white nail polish.  Dame good look and nearly free.

Consult spouse/GF/countergirl for the brightest white nylon filled.

Happens so often, they will kid you.  "Are you going to a special party or is it for a gun sight."

Photo put here.  Story in post referred to better.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:16:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I got Mepros and I think they are pretty decent.  No cutting needed
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Some of the reviews say they are not as bright as Trijicons, any thoughts on that or their brightness in general?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Some of the reviews say they are not as bright as Trijicons, any thoughts on that or their brightness in general?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am looking at new sights for my HP as well, and having Trijicons on a XD I think I want dimmer sights. My Trijicons are almost two brite. One poster here puts a dot of black paint over the rear ones. I think I am going to try that because I only really need the front really brite.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Trijicon makes a set.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought Meprolight's from Top Gun Supply but they don't seem to have them anymore.  They were the cheapest reputable dealer I could find.  Still don't have them installed.  One of these days I'll get around to it.  They do shine nicely in the package though.

http://www.meprolight.com/default.asp?catid=%7B6C738AF0-4D5C-4C31-969C-F0672552DA79%7D
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I bought Meprolight's from Top Gun Supply but they don't seem to have them anymore.  They were the cheapest reputable dealer I could find.  Still don't have them installed.  One of these days I'll get around to it.  They do shine nicely in the package though.
http://www.meprolight.com/default.asp?catid=%7B6C738AF0-4D5C-4C31-969C-F0672552DA79%7D
View Quote
I bought these for my Hi-Power from Top Gun Supply.  Looks like they're 78+shipping.  They are pretty decent overall.  Also in stock @ TGS
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are not as bright as the Trijicon HDs on my VP9.  It is always hard to know how long the dealer had them in stock before I bought them as well.  I compared the Mepros on my HP to the ones on my USP45 and they are the same FWIW.  I bought the HP ones from TopGunSupply (they have some in stock now, I saw you inherited a nice practical) and the USP ones used off the HK board so again IDK how old they were when I got them.  I think they are a pretty decent value for the money.  Trijicons always seem to run at least $50 more than Mepros when I check.  Dont forget about Novak and Heiene as they both make NS for the HP as well.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Look at Novack and Heinie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top