Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2016 9:33:53 PM EDT
Just ordered it from AIM today, I've always wanted one but don't know too much about it.  Any suggestions on upgrade parts like springs, firing pins, grips?  I do know that I'm going to refinish it eventually.

What magazines work best in it?  Best place to buy them?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:13:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Just ordered it from AIM today, I've always wanted one but don't know too much about it.  Any suggestions on upgrade parts like springs, firing pins, grips?  I do know that I'm going to refinish it eventually.
What magazines work best in it?  Best place to buy them?
View Quote
Mecgar mags from 44 Mag, a site sponsor

Cylinder and slide hammer/sear kit

Cylinder and slide wide trigger

This is what I did to mine and it became my favorite gun.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Site sponsor 44mag.com has Mec Gar mags cheap as well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#3]
The first upgrade should be a new recoil spring. Then a good cleaning , check the safety functions and go shooting. No need to buy a bunch of expensive upgrades until you know how it shoots and how to disassemble the pistol. Baby steps.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The first upgrade should be a new recoil spring. Then a good cleaning , check the safety functions and go shooting. No need to buy a bunch of expensive upgrades until you know how it shoots and how to disassemble the pistol. Baby steps.
View Quote

What size/poundage for the spring? Source? Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMO stock poundage and from Browning.  They were the cheapest I could find.  Buy several because they aren't the best at keeping parts in stock and you'll save on shipping too.  Wolff springs in a HP is questionable.  Some folks report good things about them and others swear at them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top