-Pachmayer grips
-(1) 10 round magaine

in negotiations for a trade on this.
any idea what its value is?
just curious....any help?
thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I don't have a value but I ask, customized by who? I've installed C&S safeties, hammers and sears and Jim Garthwaite straight trigger on mine. These parts do require fitting but I am not a pistolsmith. What I'm getting at is make sure it's not just some bubba thrown together work. Good luck on the trade.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd echo the statement above about who did the work.
If it's a papered gun from a reputable smith, it could be worth something.

As described, presuming that the finish is very good and nothing else seems amiss, I'd say you're talking about a $500 gun.
Maybe $600.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:33:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Let's see.. if a very nice non-refinished FNH Hi Power starts at say $800, let's look at the changes:

-Wilson Combat Sights: About like Novaks. Maybe add $50 to a used gun from a qualified smith.
-Bobbed hammer: Probably have to be replaced with an unmucked with hammer (minus $100).  If 'bobbed' means it's a ring hammer, no value change.
-Cylinder and Slide single side extended safety.  Agree with 'who did the work?'.  Either add $50 from a known smith.  Otherwise minus $50.
-Cylinder and Slide wide combat trigger.  Same as above but less critical.  Add $25 if you love wide triggers or minus $25 if a DIY project.
-Pachmayer grips.  Minus $50.  Gun will require decent grips.
-(1) 10 round magaine. Mec Gar 15rd magazine required. Minus $20.

Total if work documented from a qualified BHP smith: $755.  Maybe $855 if the hammer is a stock ring hammer and you love all the other changes.
Total if work done by owner or otherwise undocumented: $555

To be honest, I would stay away from it.  Buy a nice used MkIII and choose the work you want done and who you want it done by.  That way you get what you want and you know what you've got.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry I don't have a value but I ask, customized by who? I've installed C&S safeties, hammers and sears and Jim Garthwaite straight trigger on mine. These parts do require fitting but I am not a pistolsmith. What I'm getting at is make sure it's not just some bubba thrown together work. Good luck on the trade.
View Quote

thanks. i will be asking that... we are in negotiations now...
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

As described, presuming that the finish is very good and nothing else seems amiss, I'd say you're talking about a $500 gun.
Maybe $600.
View Quote

some minor finish ware and scuffs as far as i can see in pics.
im going to find out more today.
he is asking 550 in trade,,,,
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let's see.. if a very nice non-refinished FNH Hi Power starts at say $800, let's look at the changes:

-Wilson Combat Sights: About like Novaks. Maybe add $50 to a used gun from a qualified smith.
-Bobbed hammer: Probably have to be replaced with an unmucked with hammer (minus $100).  If 'bobbed' means it's a ring hammer, no value change.
-Cylinder and Slide single side extended safety.  Agree with 'who did the work?'.  Either add $50 from a known smith.  Otherwise minus $50.
-Cylinder and Slide wide combat trigger.  Same as above but less critical.  Add $25 if you love wide triggers or minus $25 if a DIY project.
-Pachmayer grips.  Minus $50.  Gun will require decent grips.
-(1) 10 round magaine. Mec Gar 15rd magazine required. Minus $20.

Total if work documented from a qualified BHP smith: $755.  Maybe $855 if the hammer is a stock ring hammer and you love all the other changes.
Total if work done by owner or otherwise undocumented: $555

To be honest, I would stay away from it.  Buy a nice used MkIII and choose the work you want done and who you want it done by.  That way you get what you want and you know what you've got.
View Quote

um,yeah. thanks
looking to trade...not buy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]
What are you trading?  Are you sure this isn't an SFS Hi Power?  They have a short little bobbed hammer from the factory.

Like this from the archives
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 6:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe $600.

If the work was done right, it is worth way more than $550 even if it was a home build.  If not you potentially would have a collection of parts that possibly could be turned into something nice.  Hopefully you will be able to actually handle the pistol prior to the trade, of course if it's a mail transfer deal all bets are off.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If the work was done right, it is worth way more than $550 even if it was a home build.  If not you potentially would have a collection of parts that possibly could be turned into something nice.  Hopefully you will be able to actually handle the pistol prior to the trade, of course if it's a mail transfer deal all bets are off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe $600.

it will be a FTF trade,so if it happens ill post pics!! thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#10]
It would be nice to be able to test fire, at the very least check it for hammer/sear movement when the hammer is cocked and the safety is engaged.  May want to read up on the "Click Test"
Click Test
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top