Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2016 11:07:17 PM EDT
I know not much about them

Nickle stainless looking with wrap around grips.

SN starts with 245NT

Mode in belgium assembled in portugal.

"pachmyr" on slide release?

Lady I know is liquidating her late husbands things. Se doesnt like guns and wants them gone.

What's the value range on this gun? I may be able to get it for $450. Its in decent shape, not perfect not bad.

I went by this:
Hi-Power Silver Chrome Finish
- 9mm Para. or .40 S&W (new 1995) cal., entire gun finished in silver chrome, includes adj. sights and Pachmayr rubber grips, 36 (9mm Para.) or 39 (.40 S&W) oz. Assembled in Portugal, and imported 1991-2000.
Grading
100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$750 $625 $550 $500 $425 $400 $375
Last MSR was $718.

Going by that my offer to get rid of it for her was at 85% value. (?)
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 1:06:21 AM EDT
[#1]
You can find comparable gun values on Gun Broker.

If it's a Practical model (finish is hard chrome) then it's probably worth $750 - $850.  Since the finish is so durable you usually see them in very good condition.  These came with Pachmyr grips so that's probably what it is.  Looks like chrome, not stainless assuming you can tell the difference.

If it's the brushed nickel finish and it's in good shape probably more.  $900 - $1000 since these are pretty desirable models.  These came with wood grips and will have the small safety.  These sort of look like stainless but they're not.

Personally I never take advantage of people in these sorts of transactions.  If told what they go for on the open market (along with the hassle it takes to sell there) and they still wants to sell it cheap, that's different.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The Silver Chrome model came all silver with a gold trigger FYI. The Practical model was black slide silver frame. I have been seeing the Practicals going for up to $1K on GB for a very clean example. The one she has is at least worth $600 and up without seeing pics. Just IMHO your mileage may vary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top