Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2016 1:03:12 AM EDT
If you love BDMs, then you know that factory standard-capacity magazines are about as rare as hen's teeth. Even the factory 10-rounders and questionable Triple-K/ProMag hi-caps are drying up.

CDNN has FN HP DA/SA standard capacity magazines, and after doing some research testing, it seems that these are NOT compatible with the BDM platform.

BDM top, HP DA/SA bottom:

I ordered a few, but won't be able to verify fit and function until I get home. At $40 a pop, I figured it was worth a gamble, considering factory 15-rounders (when you can find them) have been going for over $100 lately.

UPDATE: Unless the magazine catch is slightly dremilled out to match the BDM magazine catch hole, it will not lock in, and the baseplate would have to be "thinned" out in order for the magazine to be able to lock in fully once modified (baseplate thickness prevents the magazine from locking up fully). This is going to be a PITA in order to make them work, but maybe worth it for someone willing to do the work. As it stands, my research was incorrect. Unmodified Browning HP DA/SA mags will not fit or feed with the BDM without the above modifications.

Sorry guys.

Link Posted: 1/11/2016 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Curious to hear your findings.  Be sure to come back an let us know.  I'd buy a few more for my BDM.

Oh BDM picture, I had it all apart cleaning it up the first day I bought mine.  I like the look.  I like the way it fits my hand.  I just wish it didn't try to bite the end off my trigger finger and it would be nice if the safety worked the opposite way so I didn't have to carry it with the hammer down and the safety "off" (more like the 1911's I'm so used to).  I need to order another trigger and then try to reshape/bend/grind it to see if I can get rid of that trigger bite issue.

Link Posted: 1/11/2016 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Curious to hear your findings.  Be sure to come back an let us know.  I'd buy a few more for my BDM.

Oh BDM picture, I had it all apart cleaning it up the first day I bought mine.  I like the look.  I like the way it fits my hand.  I just wish it didn't try to bite the end off my trigger finger and it would be nice if the safety worked the opposite way so I didn't have to carry it with the hammer down and the safety "off" (more like the 1911's I'm so used to).  I need to order another trigger and then try to reshape/bend/grind it to see if I can get rid of that trigger bite issue.

<a href="http://s307.photobucket.com/user/zsrbest/media/BDM002.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/zsrbest/BDM002.jpg</a>
View Quote

Oh you may be waiting a while. I'm working away from home. In another state. Until March. So I won't be able to report back on these for some time.

A few minutes searching compatibility on google convinced me it was worth picking some up before they disappeared.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Update bump in OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top