Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2015 10:28:08 PM EDT
What is going on with this magazine release? http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=523352724

I've not had much experience with Hi Powers, but I've never seen a magazine release like this.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It's an extended release, not an OEM browning part.

That gun was clearly setup for competition at one time.  Oversized mag release, aftermarket adjustable sights etc.

BTW, I wouldn't touch that gun with a ten foot pole.
It was a gaming gun so god knows how many rounds have been through it.
It's a first generation gun with a forged frame that don't hold up as well to high round counts as the newer cast guns.
And, it's an internal extractor gun, which is a part that is next to impossible to find any more.

Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I want a thumbprint Hi Power, so I get the internal extractor (like a 1911) to go with it. Thanks for the clues on the likelihood that it is likely totally blown out.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 10:04:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want a thumbprint Hi Power, so I get the internal extractor (like a 1911) to go with it. Thanks for the clues on the likelihood that it is likely totally blown out.
View Quote

Do what you want but I would seriously avoid an internal extractor gun.
Before you commit, do yourself a favor and search on line to see if you can find a replacement extractor.
First of all, don't expect to find one, second expect to pay around $100 for it if you do.

Guns that you can't get parts for a questionable purchase at best.

Besides, the external extractor in the BHP is well executed and extremely reliable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top