Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2015 7:23:09 PM EDT
A few days ago my grandpa decided to give me his slightly used Buck Mark 22 Nickel SE Pro Target as an early birthday present. I cleaned the pistol up, and noticed a very faint black mark on the barrel. It is more like a smudge of maybe grease, oil, rubber, who knows. I tried using BreakFree CLP and some special cloth by Hoppe's that is supposed to clean anything. I was curious if their was anything that I could use to get this faint mark off.

Oh yeah, the finish isn't messed up in this small area
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Post a picture if you can, but one thing is for a nickel coating is not to let something like Hoppes #9 sit on it too long as it will mess up the finish.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Post a picture if you can, but one thing is for a nickel coating is not to let something like Hoppes #9 sit on it too long as it will mess up the finish.
View Quote

The spot is not as dark as it appears in the picture, I guess the light hit it perfectly to highlight the spot. Reminder, the finish in that area is perfectly fine.

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/Smith919/media/IMG_6250_zpsfro8fdbd.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top