Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2015 5:15:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
They suck.

The rear might be a bit better than old GI 1911 sights but not by much and the front is basically the same small rounded sight.
As an added negative, most BHP's with the old, small sights also have the old, small thumb safety.

Obviously you could have them cut for dovetail sights, but the bet says pay a bit more up front for a MKIII and save yourself some hassle and probably some money in the long run.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Suck out loud.  Pretty much as bad as 1911 sights.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 6:34:50 AM EDT
[#3]
FPNI, I actually widened the slot just a bit on one and it seemed to not suck as bad.  One day Novaks will come into play.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Useless for anyone over the age of 25.  I replaced them on my FEG.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#6]
What sights?
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I like 'em. I shoot well with them and they are unobtrusive. Good enough for me for pistol sights.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FPNI, I actually widened the slot just a bit on one and it seemed to not suck as bad.  One day Novaks will come into play.
View Quote

Me too and with the same results.  It is easily accomplished with a "safe edge" file, I forget the correct name for that type of file.  You can get a fairly thin one suitable for the purpose from Brownell's for not a lot of money.

For me Mk II sights aren't quite as good as Novak, but still very usable.  Mk III seem better to me and almost as good as Novaks.

If you do get one of the older guns, and hate the sights, you can send the slide by itself off to Novaks and they will install their sights for a reasonable price and have it back to you in a couple of weeks or so.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What sights?
View Quote

Exactly.

The sights on my 1982 BHP are almost imperceptible.  Still a very accurate gun though.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh I've just been waiting for the front sight to fall off so I have a reason to improve.  Mine are still very usable and will likely remain so for a very long time as for now the cost doesn't justify the means.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#11]
If you're awesome enough to carry a BHP, you don't need sights.

My BHP was repatriated from France.
Note condition of muzzle.
Only dropped once.

The factory grips with the finger-shelf on both sides were horrible too.
They had to go immediately.

Be careful removing the magazine disconnect.
You might scratch it.

The pin moves a lot easier if you use an AUTOMATIC CENTER PUNCH to get it started.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top