Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2015 2:48:05 PM EDT
Will a Detective Model slide and barrel fit on a MK III? If so, what additional parts are necessary to do this?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes,no additional parts required.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
So do you just simply install your MK III barrel into the shorter Detective slide and attach the slide to your MK III frame?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Take the factory slide and barrel off your MKlll frame,install the FM Detective slide and barrel kit and you're done.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, so it is a seperate barrel as well. Any suggestions on where to purchase a kit?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ok, so it is a seperate barrel as well. Any suggestions on where to purchase a kit?
View Quote
I sold mine in the EE a few years ago.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_7/89_Handgun_Mags__Parts__andamp__Accessories.html

I have also seen them on Gunbroker and Ebay a few times.

Link Posted: 8/13/2015 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#6]
harder to come by now days.
You can find them but they are getting pricier.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Looking at a supposed FM 90 Detective in original box with mags, cleaning rod, manual, and warranty registration card. The cover of the manual shows the wraparpound grips and "Detective" and the FM mark on the right side of the slide. The left side has the correct engraving "Argentina Hi Power", etc. along with the import marks. The strange thing is there is no Detective and FM mark on the right side of the slide. I've personally not seen a Detective model without Detective on the right side of the slide. Just wondering if this is an aftermarket slide, buit if it is, why would it have import markings? Can somebody tell me if this is a legitimate Argentine clone or what? Also, is there a serial site for these so I can date it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top