Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2015 4:46:14 PM EDT
I read that genuine FNs have never made any genuine HPs with the inscription "Hi Power" on them. I just located one that has Hi Power inscribed on the right side of the slide along with "CAI Georgia VT." The other side of the slide has the typical "FNH Belgique" written out. Anyone know this for sure?
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I read that genuine FNs have never made any genuine HPs with the inscription "Hi Power" on them. I just located one that has Hi Power inscribed on the right side of the slide along with "CAI Georgia VT." The other side of the slide has the typical "FNH Belgique" written out. Anyone know this for sure?
View Quote

Pic?
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it look like it was etched in after the fact as opposed to the factory markings?  It sounds like you're describing part of Century's import marking.  I think I have seen that before.  

They insist on making big ugly import markings on the side of everything.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 12:47:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's the GB link. In case it doesn't work, the Item #is48941896.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=498941896
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 12:50:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, done after the fact. The slide inscriptions look legit. Does this mean it's not a clone? It has the typical 245 serial number. I'm wanting to resurface the gun so the price is right I just don't want a fake and I actually do not like the inscription.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 1:08:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Why not buy from Coles dist on gunbroker?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=2621012&mfg=1000049
They have good prices since you are interested in refinishing anyway.
It also looks like they don't have the import mark you are worried about on any of the pistols I looked at.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 3:56:44 AM EDT
[#6]
That's not a clone, those are just import marks.  

I wouldn't buy it at that price though.  I also would say look through Coles offerings, but keep an eye out because many of his have replacement parts and non matching serials.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 8:33:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#8]
BTW, what or who is Century? Is that the "C" in CAI on the import marking? Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BTW, what or who is Century? Is that the "C" in CAI on the import marking? Thanks.
View Quote

Century Arms International, aka Century International Arms is an importer.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top