Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2015 8:43:15 PM EDT
Just replaced the recoil and firing pin spring with Browning parts. I also replaced the hammer spring with a Wolff 28 lb.spring which is 4 lbs. lighter than the one that was in it.The trigger is just great and I can cycle the slide with the hammer down with no difficulty.

I was surprised to find the old recoil spring was an inch longer than the Browning replacement and the Browning firing pin spring was a half inch longer than the one I removed.

I'll shoot it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Those may have been Wollf springs that were originally in the gun. They are known to be longer than factory springs. Some people have used them with no problems but I do not like the thought of spring bind. Factory springs all the way for me.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those may have been Wollf springs that were originally in the gun. They are known to be longer than factory springs. Some people have used them with no problems but I do not like the thought of spring bind. Factory springs all the way for me.
View Quote

+1 for oem springs.  From my reading on the BHP most experienced shooters go with the oem;s.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
How is it now to rack the slide with the hammer down, compared to before?
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How is it now to rack the slide with the hammer down, compared to before?
View Quote

I can rack the slide with no difficulty now and the pistol functions just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top