picked this up at a LGS today
slide marked:
FABRIQUE NATIONALE HERSTAL BELGIQUE
BROWNINGS PATENT DEPOSE in smaller letters underneath the above
bbl cal 9m/mP  with flaming pineapple
sn on bbl 67916
sn on frame C 67916
and repeated on the front of the grip frame
only other marking is another pineapple on the right side of the trigger gaurd towards the underside of the frame
no lanyard loop
heavily parked all over with slight evidence of minor pitting under the park
no plastic grips,they were replaced with wood ones(cant remember the name,but not the top$ ones....)
NO import marks....none.
action is solid,tight and bbl is good to go.
picked it up for $305 OTD with one mecgar 13 mag
and got 3 more mecgar 15's for $70(decent gunshop prices on NIB)
sorry,no pics this samsung chrome laptop wont recognize my camera....
any clue to what i have??? thanks!
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
FEG/FN Counterfeit.....
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 3:00:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FEG/FN Counterfeit.....
View Quote

This, the serial gives it away.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
that sucks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 2 FEG marked Hipowers.  Both were great for the money.  FEG is regarded as a pretty good clone.

Check out Cdisales on gunbroker to find similar ones, real FNs, fakes, and FEGs. You might be able to get some info comparing pics with yours.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have 2 FEG marked Hipowers.  Both were great for the money.  FEG is regarded as a pretty good clone.

Check out Cdisales on gunbroker to find similar ones, real FNs, fakes, and FEGs. You might be able to get some info comparing pics with yours.
View Quote

yeah,i did some more checking on the net its indeed a feg clone....
i bought it as a fn hi power.
its getting dumped.....
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

its getting dumped.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its getting dumped.....

Still a good price for what it is.  The fact that the seller misrepresented it would bother me, but he probably didn't know any better.

I'd still keep it if it was in good shape.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 6:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Still a good price for what it is.  The fact that the seller misrepresented it would bother me, but he probably didn't know any better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its getting dumped.....

i got out of the deal by way of a tasty trade in my favor.....
i wanted a IDF HP not a clone....ill keep checking aim.....
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

its getting dumped.....

AIM had some recently.  I bought my 2 from CDIsales off gunbroker.  I'd give them a shot.  They treated me well and seem to have quite a few.  They do enough volume that they can tell the clones and even list their counterfeit FEGs as such.  http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/BI.aspx?Sort=4&IncludeSellers=2621012&ca=5000193&mo=3000334

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:15:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FEG/FN Counterfeit.....

How so?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#10]
The serial is characteristic of FEGs and not any FN
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#11]
These are very interesting as they even have Belgian proofs - Nobody knows the full story on these hat I know of and if anyone does - please chime in.

because the Serial # doesn't match the Belgian pattern, its been rumored these were made for a Country that wanted true Belgian guns, but couldn't buy from Belgium (Iraq) The rumor continues that these were marked as Belgian guns by FEG to satisfy Iraqi requests.  I've also heard rumors these were sneaks by FN,  that is subcontracted to FEG to circumvent weapons exportation rules to Iraq by using a subcontracted third party in another neutral country not bound by regulations.

I love mine, don't care what it is. as its well made and shoots like a dream - Mine is an odd bird in that it also has the thumb-print groove cut into the slide which is odd for later Browning or FEGs and the slide Serial # dose match the frame and barrel.  

Here is my Iraqi/Belgian/FEG BHP. Bellaqi? Browngarian?

I am going to put a polished blue finish on it this summer when I get the time.  Right now its wearing Alumahyde 2 and new grips.

" />
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
These are very interesting as they even have Belgian proofs - Nobody knows the full story on these hat I know of and if anyone does - please chime in.

because the Serial # doesn't match the Belgian pattern, its been rumored these were made for a Country that wanted true Belgian guns, but couldn't buy from Belgium (Iraq) The rumor continues that these were marked as Belgian guns by FEG to satisfy Iraqi requests.  I've also heard rumors these were sneaks by FN,  that is subcontracted to FEG to circumvent weapons exportation rules to Iraq by using a subcontracted third party in another neutral country not bound by regulations.

View Quote

I have read that an arms merchant hoodwinked Saddam Hussein. The Iraqis wanted and paid for FN Hi Powers, yet the arms dealer knew he couldn't get an end user cert from FM, so he went to FEG. FEG has a great history of counterfeiting guns to spec.

About eight years ago, Southern Ohio Gun was selling FEG PA-63's with your choice of Walther, Mauser, FEG or FN rollmarks.......al brand new in box.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 10:31:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have read that an arms merchant hoodwinked Saddam Hussein. The Iraqis wanted and paid for FN Hi Powers, yet the arms dealer knew he couldn't get an end user cert from FM, so he went to FEG. FEG has a great history of counterfeiting guns to spec.

About eight years ago, Southern Ohio Gun was selling FEG PA-63's with your choice of Walther, Mauser, FEG or FN rollmarks.......al brand new in box.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That arms dealer had big balls - Hoodwinking Saddam could work out very unfavorably for ones health  Of course he's out of the scene now.

I love the stories around these.  At least its got character and drama to discuss.  Its also a decent shooter.

"Lookat my new Belgian Hi Power?"

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Post pictures
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Post pictures
View Quote

its long gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top