Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2015 5:01:35 PM EDT
I'm kicking around new sights for a fixed sight Practical.  Not sure if I want to try the Heinie sights or stick with Novak.  
I'm afraid either will require the epoxy finish on the slide to be refinished.

So...

I'm wondering how well finished the slide is under the epoxy.  Would it require a lot of work to have a high-luster blued finish done, or something like the dlc finishes done.

Anyone do something similar?  Or steer me to someone who could do this.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I had Novak sights installed on my Practical, but I had the slide refinished in Walter Birdsongs Black-T. I also had the frame refinished in NP-3.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had Novak sights installed on my Practical, but I had the slide refinished in Walter Birdsongs Black-T. I also had the frame refinished in NP-3.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/keokicg/P1050402.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/keokicg/P1050401.jpg
View Quote

Nice gun!

JGCWK08, Birdsong's Black-T looks like a nice option for my gun too.  
Who did your work, and how long pistol gone?  I realize and appreciate you had much more work done.
It shows, and I would love to own your gun.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The pistol was sent out to Cylinder and Slide to have all the work done.

It was gone for a few months, probably 4-6 months if I recall.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The pistol was sent out to Cylinder and Slide to have all the work done.

It was gone for a few months, probably 4-6 months if I recall.
View Quote

Thank-you.
I recently had Novak mill and install their sights on an older pre-MKII slide, and I'm leaning to having the same done to the Practical.
If I need to, I'll send the slide out to get it refinished later.  Most places, including Mr. Birdsong's (RIP) company, have a backlog of work.
So...
One step at a time.  
1) Get the sights I want
2) Get the slide refinished (If needed)  
   Novak did a great job on the parkerized slide I sent them.  Slide looks like it always had Novak sights on it, rather then the original hump and a bump
3) Shoot the gun.  Repeat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top