Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2015 11:01:41 PM EDT
---ETA: See post below further, I think I fixed it.-----I was messing around with my new to me FEG P9M, and was trying to take out the mag disconnect safety.  Well, now that I've taken that out, i can't seem to get the slide back on.  It seems the bar along the right side of the frame that moves up and down when you pull the trigger is too far up and is blocking the slide.  Obviously it wasn't like this before lol.  I'm not sure what I did.  That piece did come out while I was working with it, did I not get it laid back in there correctly?

Hopefully you can tell the bar is sticking up too far, not like it was before.  

Here you can see the bar too high, not letting the slide slide back onto the frame.  

I'm sorry for the crappy pics.  Hopefully I can figure this out tonight or early morning.  I was going to try to shoot it for the first time tomorrow!! LOL
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know if this shows anything beneficial or not, but here's this shot as well.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Your spring sure looks different from mine in that last pic.

A couple more.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah it sure does!  I don't believe the previous owner did anything with this pistol other than shoot it a few times.  I guess it came from the FEG factory like that?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:36:23 AM EDT
[#4]

The bottom curved base of your trigger bar sits way down on top of where the magazine disconnect safety used to be.  Mine doesn't look to sit that low as yours looks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#5]
That spring is what is supposed to pull that piece down out of the way. It does on mine. If you can figure out what is keeping yours from going down easily  you will solve the problem. I suggest pulling it apart again.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#6]
No one else has any opinions?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 5:29:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No one else has any opinions?
View Quote

Your trigger bar is not seated in the trigger properly, looks like it is sitting on top of the cut out for the "cam" that holds it in place. If you take the trigger out and put the trigger bar back in so it its lower it should be fine.
I can post some pictures later today/tonight
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Please do when you get a chance.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, I usually try not to mess too much with the internals of my guns, but I figured I'd try on this one since I wouldn't be out much if I broke something lol.  So I just pulled the trigger pin out and took the whole assembly out, wiped it down, and reinstalled it.  Now it sits the way it's supposed to.  I can tell a difference with the mag disconnect safety removed, but the trigger feels really gritty now.

Based off of seeing the difference in my trigger spring and the other posters spring, I think I'm going to buy a new trigger spring at the very least.  If I wanted to replace the springs in the gun, is this the proper kit?  http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/action-parts/spring-kits/bhp-501-spring-kit-for-browning-hi-power-prod752.aspx

Is this of any interest to me, or will it drop it too much?  http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/performance-enhancing-kits/c-s-browning-hi-power-trigger-pull-reduction-spring-kit-prod5485.aspx
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I would suggest buying your springs directly from Browning as you will find that they are cheaper.  And you need a 2 coil trigger spring, the one in your second link isn't what you want.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I looked on Brownings website and don't see where you can order anything for the hi power.  Unless I'm just in the wrong spot or something, which wouldn't be the first time LOL
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Call Browning USA

(800) 322-4626
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#13]
First, you should replace the magazine disconnect  safety without the spring in it and locktite it in place (all the way forward, so it doesn't act as a safety). It serves as a trigger stop and helps hold the other trigger parts in their correct place. Second, when you remove the mag disconnect, you should either remove and bend the trigger return spring about 1/8" or buy an extra power wolff spring and replace the stock spring. This is because the mag disconnect also serves a partial trigger return function. Otherwise, when you fire the weapon, your trigger/sear reset will be light or non existent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top