Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2014 8:45:19 AM EDT
Has anyone out there had a set of Novak-cut 1911 Trijicon HD's on a BHP? I like the HD sights and think they'd be a nice addition to my current idea for a build. But I'm concerned that the big and blocky HD's might look out of place on a Hi Power. I don't want the gun to end up looking like one of the old factory adjustable sight models.

Post pics if you have any. TIA.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I put a set on one of my Charles Daly HPs and wound up taking them back off after  a couple of trips to the range.  POI 3" high at 10 yards didn't seem too bad,  but 12" high at 25 yards was too much to compensate for.  Sorry, didn't take any pics.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#2]
How did the sights fit and look on the gun? Like they belonged or totally odd and out of place?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Front sight looked fine, rear sight was rather large and blocky sitting up on top of such a thin slide.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Front sight looked fine, rear sight was rather large and blocky sitting up on top of such a thin slide.
View Quote

That's what I'm afraid of.

I see Optics Planet and a few other big Trijicon dealers sell HD front sights as a separate part number. So it should be possible to install a dovetail front sight and then maybe a Harrison or 10-8 Novak rear.

Trijicon does make HD's for the FNS/X. Does anyone know if the sight cuts on the FNx series are compatible with the MKIII dovetails?
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#5]
While I don't have them installed yet I recently picked up a set of Meprolights.

http://www.meprolight.com/default.asp?catid=%7BCD970D12-7A89-45A1-8F23-59D0234113E6%7D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top